Blasts Hit London Bus And Underground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From a certain organisation
"Rejoice, Islamic nation. Rejoice, Arab world. The time has come for vengeance against the Zionist crusader government of Britain in response to the massacres Britain committed in Iraq and Afghanistan... We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all crusader governments that they will receive the same punishment if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan."
link

As an American I can understand the pain of London with the explosions. Im incredibly sorry for what has happened,:sad: . I pray that the fellow Interference members who are in London are safe. My thoughts and prayers are with each and everyone of you. :hug: Those who have caused all of this evilness will pay for what they have done!

my heart goes out to all of you in London and the UK. This is just so upsetting to me right now. I was in NYC on 9/11 and will have to get on the subway today to go to work and walk by the Trade Center site to get to my job. I don't know if I can do that today. It's hard because you don't want to live in fear and let terrorists dictate something as small as your work route, but I just can't get on the subway right now.

For those of you in London, it's going to be a rough few days and months. There are going to be days when it's hard. Hang in there, stay strong and know we are all there for you.

my best to all of you in London and across the UK, and to anyone who knows anyone currently living or visiting London right now (i have a friend there right now).

we are with you.

today, we are all Londoners.

sharky said:
my heart goes out to all of you in London and the UK. This is just so upsetting to me right now. I was in NYC on 9/11 and will have to get on the subway today to go to work and walk by the Trade Center site to get to my job. I don't know if I can do that today. It's hard because you don't want to live in fear and let terrorists dictate something as small as your work route, but I just can't get on the subway right now.

For those of you in London, it's going to be a rough few days and months. There are going to be days when it's hard. Hang in there, stay strong and know we are all there for you.

:hug: sharky

sallycinnamon78 said:

I agree with you completely, if the information offered is inaccurate. What I was saying was a fact, as opposed to guesswork (to a limited point, obviously, not being there myself).

One of my relatives is central in the investigation, and has been throughout. That's hardly Fox News style, as it is official. I probably shouldn't have said that at all, but as noone knows who I am anyway, I don't think I'm getting him in trouble. I'll shut up now anyway just in case!!
:|

Sorry if that sounded snappy - it wasn't intentional. I haven't slept in 2 days and I think all our nerves are shot to hell right now.

I understand, Sally. I did not mean anything personal and know that you were relaying the news with good intentions. Sorry, no offense intended.

:up:

I just can`t believe this. I spent many years in London and consider it my second home. Luckily most of my friends and family there seem to be okay.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you in London right now. :hug:

I would just point out that the claims being made over the attack are muddled, there are so many groups and so many who would like too take credit, until there is a full investigation and the specific cell is identified such grandoise claims may just as well be bravado.

A_Wanderer said:
I would just point out that the claims being made over the attack are muddled, there are so many groups and so many who would like too take credit...

Isn't there something really bizarrely sad and wrong about that statement? :(

A_Wanderer said:
I would just point out that the claims being made over the attack are muddled, there are so many groups and so many who would like too take credit, until there is a full investigation and the specific cell is identified such grandoise claims may just as well be bravado.

is now really the time and place to do that?

My thoughts and prayers for those in London :heart:

I will never understand this level of hate and how people can murder the innocent :grumpy:

U2@NYC said:

I understand, Sally. I did not mean anything personal and know that you were relaying the news with good intentions. Sorry, no offense intended.

:up:

No problem - I'm probably just being too defensive.

Seeing all this stuff happening must bring back memories for you, particularly with you being a New Yorker. :( I really feel for you guys. :hug:

Sadly not, there are groups that genuinely want to kill out of religious zealotry and they revel when the great satan or it's little satans suffer attacks.

This article was written in April
LISBON (Reuters) - Several Islamic militant groups are preparing attacks on London, making such a strike unavoidable, a radical Muslim cleric said in an interview with a Portuguese magazine.

"It's inevitable. Because several (attacks) are being prepared by several groups," Sheikh Omar Bakri Muhammad told Lisbon's Publica magazine from London, where he is based.

One "very well organised" group in London calling itself al Qaeda Europe "has a great appeal for young Muslims", he said. "I know that they are ready to launch a big operation."

London police said they were not prepared to discuss the claims, but the country's most senior police officer, Sir John Stevens, has previously said that an attack on the capital was inevitable.

The firebrand cleric, who has outraged moderate Muslims and non-Muslims alike with his uncompromising views, gave no further details.

Asked if a British Muslim was allowed to carry out a "terrorist attempt" in a foreign country, Muhammad said "That is another story."

He added: "We don't make a distinction between civilians and non-civilians, innocents and non-innocents. Only between Muslims and unbelievers. And the life of an unbeliever has no value. It has no sanctity."
link

This is a vicious ideology, it is not about subservence to God or peaceful worship, it is about murder and opression. I do not think that it is representative of Islam as a whole and I hope that the actions of these types do not attract violence against innocent Muslims over it. These monsters for want of a better word are uncompromising, if you do not follow their ideology then you are an unbeliever, simple as that, even if you are a moderate Muslim in their view you are not a true Muslim.

I wonder if these claims are made as a result of these statements? An invented group taking credit for another operation. It is moot until the facts are established.

Last edited:
beau2ifulday said:

They should keep their middle eastern politics where they belong.
In the middle east.
They cannot expect western civilians to understand or tolerate their so-called 'frustrations'.
Especially after something like this :angry:

WildHoney, I am glad your family are accounted for too :hug:

If "middle eastern politics" means intentionally targeting and murdering civilians, they should take their "politics" to the deepest recesses of hell.

Last edited:
Speedracer; they cant do that; these blokes want to get into heaven, only way they figure that they can do that is by murdering a whole lot of people for their own "greater good", I hope that their wish for judgement is expedited after this.

Last edited:
fuck

My husband and a friend are in London today. They arrived yesterday and are scheduled to leave for Prague today.

I can't get through to his cousin in Brixton where they're staying. All circuits are down. I'm counting on Steve's morning stiffness. His back is shot and he's slow in the morning. That might have kept him off the trains and postponed sightseeing. I doubt they'll make their flight this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom