Blasts Hit London Bus And Underground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'The Secret Organisation of Al Qaeda Jihad' are claiming responsibility now.
They've just posted on their website.

For Honor said:
A guy from New Jersey is giving us a recap,,,,,,,,, interesting.
ABC10news

From what it sounds like, London did well.
They were prepared and organized.
ANd it looks like they are still doing well.

You know what I am always worried about?
Like, what if the terrorists let of another bomb right now?
The'yd get a lot of people...

I' holding my breath until Blair gets back to the G8 conference, or [erhaps, until it is over.............

hmm........ :|

I think the London police and the rescue squads are well prepared for this kind of thing. Don't forget that it is not the first time terrorist attacks have happened there (although I don't believe anything of this scale has happened before). The IRA has set off lots of bombs in London in the past.

London_blasts5.jpg

London_blasts6.jpg

London_blasts7.jpg

Last edited:
A swedish man's wife works at the hospital nearest to King's cross station, and he says they were on high alert and that there were 16 dead.

sallycinnamon78 said:

I can tell you with 95% certainty that the government figure is a steaming pile of horseshit. Sorry. Nobody wants to hear that, naturally. :sad:

It's all beyond vile and despicable. :(

Do you have any more news from your source that you are able to reveal? (I of course understand if there's anything you can't say publicly.)

I feel sick. There are no words to describe what I'm feeling right now. Iraq, Isreal, Madrid, New York and now London... The world is crazy. :sad:

Your American friends are just waking up and getting to work...I'll be praying for London and the folks in and around the G8 today. :(

sallycinnamon78 said:

I can tell you with 95% certainty that the government figure is a steaming pile of horseshit. Sorry. Nobody wants to hear that, naturally. :sad:

It's all beyond vile and despicable. :(
I don't imagine that it is accurate, it is the confirmed number after going through the beurocracy and then agreed upon by the authorities ~ it will definitely rise.

A_Wanderer said:
I don't imagine that it is accurate, it is the confirmed number after going through the beurocracy and then agreed upon by the authorities ~ it will definitely rise.

I didn't mean to come across as being aggressive, sorry if I did.

Axver said:

Do you have any more news from your source that you are able to reveal? (I of course understand if there's anything you can't say publicly.)

I promise if I hear anything else I'm allowed to report then I will do asap. :(

Last edited:
There is no excuse for this kind of attack on innocent people going about their daily business. None.

My heart is breaking for Londoners and for everyone in and around the UK today. It might not mean much, but I'm feeling very much like I did on 9/11, and I just hope our British post-ers here know that we're pulling for them and hoping for the best.

pax said:
There is no excuse for this kind of attack on innocent people going about their daily business. None.

My heart is breaking for Londoners and for everyone in and around the UK today. It might not mean much, but I'm feeling very much like I did on 9/11, and I just hope our British post-ers here know that we're pulling for them and hoping for the best.

:up:

I'm repeating Dream Theatre's In The Name Of God at the moment.

Listen when the prophet speaks to you
Killing in the name of God
Passion, twisting faith into violence
In the name of God

Yes, it does feel like that terrible day in the fall of 2001. There is one difference though. In 2001, the swedish TV had news about it nonstop for hours and hours, now it has news every half hour, and in between there is some sort of jazzmusic on and information about coming programmes of the day. I'm not kidding.

Have we really become that blazé? That a thing like this is not material for nonstop coverage?

Last edited:
We don't see the carnage; you didn't see the dead children in Beslan or the body pieces scattered over the train stations in Madrid. The self-censorship of the media I suppose, it makes things seem cleaner than they actually are.

I wonder if the producer of 'the power of nightmares' thinks this is all make-believe.

Blanket coverage in Australia, and evidently the US as well (cable TV has it's advantages).

It just bewilder's me to see the contrast between yesterday when London was given the 2012 Olympics and people were smiling, partying and feeling elated. Today however...

My God. I feel as devastated as I was in 2001. Londoner's were planning a celebration for the Olympics soon, but its been scrapped due to todays tragic events. Australia has suffered with the Bali bombings and the devastaton is still fresh on our minds. My heart goes to all of you. :hug:

My friend's friends are in London but she says they're alright, and I'm quite happy to see many of our regular UK posters online as well.

Thoughts & prayers go out to everyone, of course.

U2democrat said:
This is so much more touching to me now since i just got back from 2 weeks in europe. Such good people......:sigh:

It's good to have you back and safe U2democrat
I hope you had a wonderful time

Back
Top Bottom