IT'S OFFICIAL #306

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SicilianGoddess

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I had a 5 year relationship and same deal... after we broke up he moved to Hawaii with some chick!! Now that freakin sucks. Took me 2 years almost to completely get over him.

mad.gif
men
mad.gif

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

Sicy's Website

They're not all bad, Sicy. Just most of them. It's just so frustrating that they have the ability to come back and haunt us like this. *snarl*

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:

mad.gif
men
mad.gif

Hey now...

Us men can get screwed over by women too. I had one that took a good year and a half to get over. After she broke up with me she was engaged in less than 2 months. So um, yeah, it cuts both ways...

But thankfully I too have absolutely wonderful friends (one in particular, strangely enough) that have been there for everything and are always there when everyone else has left. And I've found a someone wonderful in that friendship, too.

There's a quote from I-forget-who
smile.gif
that has helped me a lot in bad relationship times:

"When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look
beside you and your best friend will be there."

She is (she's my friend after all
biggrin.gif
.......kidding). She's smart, funny, compassionate, adventurous, loving, sexy, stronger than she thinks she is, and more beautiful than she knows.

Plus a whole lot more. I could go on for quite some time.
smile.gif

Yeah yeah I know.. just came out.
tongue.gif

Woman are equally frustrating, I can admit it.

So, peaseblossom.. where are you from?

------------------

Sicy's Website

So, Sicy, what do you think of this Diemen, guy, anyway? He says all the right things. Sounds too good to be true to me. Your opinion?

Well he's hot I know that, although I didnt care much for his post in xcelia's thread
tongue.gif

He plays the piano too.
biggrin.gif

But he's taken.. unfortunatly.. LOL!

------------------

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Well he's hot I know that, although I didnt care much for his post in xcelia's thread
tongue.gif

He plays the piano too.
biggrin.gif

But he's taken.. unfortunatly.. LOL!

[whisper]Just between you and me, sicy, my comments in xcelia's thread were directed almost entirely at Stage Boy.[/whisper]

I am replaceable. The ex, who dumped me suddenly after two years and marriage plans, and cries of how he'd never be able to replace me, is dating someone after only two months. I'm not in love with him anymore, and it's very possible that I've found someone wonderful, myself. So WHY DOES IT STILL HURT SO MUCH.

I don't want to be replaceable.

frown.gif
. Finding out you are replaceable is one of the harder things to deal with in relationships. But I suppose there's a point where you realize you have to live your life regardless, and this might be a push in that direction.

Hopefully this someone wonderful of yours is very understanding and supportive and recognizes that it'll probably take some time before it doesn't hurt so much for you.

I know. I've got the most wonderful friends (one in particular) that anyone could ask for that support me, love me and have never/will never judge me, even through my darkest times of self doubt. I just hope that they know how much they mean to me.

------------------
The course of true love never did run smooth.-MSND, Ii

Just out of curiosity, pease - I'm wondering how things have come along with you. This someone wonderful keeping you happy? Lord knows that my someone wonderful is doing just that for me.
smile.gif

It's an amazing thing to see a strong friendship of 10 years turn so naturally and beautifully into something more.
smile.gif

I'm very VERY confused right now. However, I think I may be happier than I've ever been. I've got great friends, great family. There's nothing better than knowing that you are loved, and I am. So, right now, I'm just going to step back, take my time, and see how life goes. Thanks for the concern. You seem like a pretty great guy. Any girl would be lucky to have you in her life.

------------------
We are such stuff that dreams are made on. Tempest, IV,i

That sounds like a good plan - and it's great that you're so happy. Being loved definitely is one of the greatest things to be. Sometimes happiness can ride out the confusion and then you're not only extremely happy, but not confused anymore(I know, the logic is boggling
biggrin.gif
)! One can hope, anyway.
smile.gif

And thanks for the very kind compliment. It seems that this someone wonderful of yours is a very lucky guy, himself.

He is absolutely fantastic. That said:

I just need time. And I know I'm going to make mistakes. LOTS of mistakes. I just hope he can give me the time I need. Even if it means we can't really be together for a while. I don't know what's going to happen and I'm not going to force anything. I hope he won't try to force me either.

Well, going back to my first post here and what you've said of him so far, he sounds like a very understanding and supportive guy. So I'm sure he understands you need time and if he's half as wonderful as you make him out to be, then he won't try and force or push you into anything you're not comfortable with. Heck, if this guy is in somewhat the same situation as I am (which it sounds like), then he's probably afraid of all the mistakes he's sure to make, but the bond that's already there is strong enough to overcome that.

Here's an interesting quote:

A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we're pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person we're safe in our own paradise. Our soulmate is someone who shares our deepest longings, our sense of direction. When we're two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are we've found the right person. Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.
--Richard Bach, The Bridge Across Forever

I think the hardest thing about this maybe isn't finding the person who has the right keys and who you've got the right keys for, but finding them at a time when we're both going in the same direction.

Here's my biggest hope though - that even if this guy wants to make you happy more than anything in the world, that he recognizes that if it means true happiness for you in the end, maybe he can't be together with you in the way he wants right now. I know from experience that that is a very hard thing to swallow as a guy, but if you're always going to be there for each other anyway, then it's not quite as traumatic as it first appears to be. And there is something to be said for the "meant to be" school of thought.

Well...I'm writing a novella now. Anyway, best of luck to you Pease. Even if you need lots of time, this guy sounds like he's going to be there for you no matter what.

*sniffle* Way to make a girl cry in a public place. He is as fantastic as I make him out to be, and much much more. Words could never EVER describe what this person means to me. And that's why I know that NO MATTER WHAT we will always be there for eachother.

Originally posted by Diemen:
I think the hardest thing about this maybe isn't finding the person who has the right keys and who you've got the right keys for, but finding them at a time when we're both going in the same direction.
ah, definately

and the desire to find the same things when heading to that direction

( btw, I'm as sappy as you are when it concerns my girlfriend
smile.gif
)

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Being sappy is definately a good thing. There's something incredibly sexy about a man that's not afraid to tell you how he really feels.

Back
Top Bottom