IO: I remember the old days...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zoney! said:

I don't remember puting ANYONE on my list...and I have um, "that person" on my ignore list.

I despised this person so much yet I had totally forgotten they even existed, let alone that I had put them on ignore. It's a healthy form of denial. :up:

I like knowing that I had no idea about this place prior to Oct 2001. :crack: *wonders how different my life would be without the many friends and foe's I have made from here.* :hmm:

:up: I am proud that I took your Waffle House virginity! :wink: I too have been in NC for the past two days, but I have been visiting clients on the coast.

we went 2-1

Justified said:
:up: I am proud that I took your Waffle House virginity! :wink: I too have been in NC for the past two days, but I have been visiting clients on the coast.

I'm jealous (of you being "at the coast.")

I flew into Greensboro and got to see SouthernWestern Virginia (Virginia Tech), Raleigh/Durham (NC State) and Winston/Salem (Wake Forest)....as well as hundreds of Waffle Houses! :D

fah said:
I like this thread.

I like knowing what the future holds, what I'm going to sound like in 2-3 years.
please fah, you're about the last shimmer of hope this forum has

:(
:up:

Marty I couldn't ignore you if I tried! :lol:
(another play on words for marty's growing list of subtleisms)

is subtleisms a word? probably not, but i declare it is now.

you are too cool to not like
:wink:

BTW, I also hope you take the weather with you to your location. ;)

:D

Marty (wanted to include another CH reference)

pffft....I tried ignoring all the people I didn't like...but then I found myself alone on the forum.

awww
I KID I KID
XOXOOXOXOXOOXO
:angry:

Should I react to those that are making remarks about ignoring, or should I still ignore them?

:confused:

Marty (working day almost over!)

Re: we went 2-1

zoney! said:

I flew into Greensboro and got to see SouthernWestern Virginia (Virginia Tech)

Hey, that's where I went to school. :) Apparently the town has changed beyond recognition since I was there, tho. I bet you saw some Waffle Houses that I used to stumble into in the wee morning hours. :drunk:

Re: Re: we went 2-1

joyfulgirl said:
Hey, that's where I went to school. :) Apparently the town has changed beyond recognition since I was there, tho. I bet you saw some Waffle Houses that I used to stumble into in the wee morning hours. :drunk:

You're a Hokie? The things you learn on Interference. :D

I really did not get to see much of the campus or of the town. I was impressed with a running/biking trail that went along the fields we played at. They also have a big football stadium.

By the way....what is a hokie?

Re: Re: Re: we went 2-1

zoney! said:

You're a Hokie? .

By the way....what is a hokie?

How did I not see that coming. :mad:

WHAT'S A HOKIE?
The answer leads all the way back to 1896 when Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College changed its name to Virginia Polytechnic Institute. With the change came the necessity for writing a new cheer and a contest for such a purpose was held by the student body.

Senior O.M. Stull won first prize for his "Hokie" yell which is still used today. Later, when asked if "Hokie" had any special meaning, Stull explained the word was solely the product of his imagination and was used only as an attention-getter for his yell. It soon became a nickname for all Tech teams and for those people loyal to Tech athletics.

The official university school colors - Chicago Maroon and Burnt Orange - also were introduced in 1896. The colors were chosen by a committee because they made a 'unique combination' not worn elsewhere at the time.
The official definition of "hokie" is "a loyal Virginia Tech Fan".

The HokieBird The bird is a "HokieBird" which has evolved from a turkey.

:|

Back
Top Bottom