WOO HOO!!! Slovenia is going to the world cup in soccer!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey!

Just saw the result of Iran-Ireland game today, it was 1-0 to Iran but Ireland go through 2-1 on aggregate! Well Done!

let the party begin.......

*does an irish jig with everyone here and buys everyone a Guinness too*

dougal

Marko, nothing personal but:

Germany - they had an old team and were totally underperforming.
Romania - a great team?????!!!!
Netherlands - ok, I give you this one. I still can't believe they beat us. Lucky them. They didn't attack at all and scored in the last minute. Oh, well.
And, yes, you lost to Argentina. I regret that, I would have loved to play Romania instead of England in the round of 16.
Does anyone agree with me that France is a little overrated? I mean, the last World Cup Final was a joke. The Brazilians were stoned or something...
Still, Zidane is a genious.

[This message has been edited by U2@NYC (edited 11-15-2001).]

Those irish know how to give their supporters heart attachs, but they are through....yeehar

Dublin is mad at the moment everyone is off work and down at the pub.

All we need now is for those aussies to get the last available place....
smile.gif

MT, of course, every Argentina - Brazil game is a classic regardless of how the teams are playing. Should be fun. And even with Brazil playing like this, I would never want to face them. In fact, I think I would rather face any other team but Brazil. The 'verde amarela' means a lot.

U2@NYC - germany was old but untill they hit us they were beating everyone - and we atarted their downfall.
Romania was a great team - they even beat England in France, but ofcourse we were much better.
France didn't outplayed us, we were much better in that match, and just after the WC France became great team, in France they were not so good, but in Belgim/netherlands they kicked ass (by the way I was for Italy in finals - italy never before played such attacking football before)
I don't think that Brasil will put great performance in this WC - my bet goes to France, Italy and Argentina (I wont mention Croatia b/c I'm biased).
Spain is never underdog, they are always big favorites, but a s a rule they underperforme in WC or EC
Africans are still too unserious to make a big result, Slovenia too green, and without much talent - they have 3 good players and 8 workers and it's done great things for them untill now, but I don't think it will work on such big event where the tempo is much higher
Portugal - good but not great, 4 big players, but they just don't have what it takes (croatia on the other hand has all that it takes)

that's all for now
bye

P.S. this is the first U2Girl thread that i know of that is going on for so long without big fights or bans...

Originally posted by U2@NYC:
MT, of course, every Argentina - Brazil game is a classic regardless of how the teams are playing. Should be fun. And even with Brazil playing like this, I would never want to face them. In fact, I think I would rather face any other team but Brazil. The 'verde amarela' means a lot.

That was really nice of yours Pablo. It?s an endless love and hate relationship we have, Brazilians and Argentinians, concerning football. Well, I must admit that, as far as I know, you have a team, a real one. We don?t. Yet.
biggrin.gif

As for Brasil x France in 1998 it?s a mystery, we still don?t know if Ronaldo was really sick or if he simply "amarelou" (a local slang for getting frightened to death). I?m for the 2nd option because it was like a contagious thing, LOL

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

Originally posted by U2girl:
Yes!!!

Congratulations to everyone who qualifies...

You play soccer?

------------------
If you keep a positive outlook on life, your dreams will come true!

Originally posted by Marko:
Slovenia too green, and without much talent - they have 3 good players and 8 workers and it's done great things for them untill now, but I don't think it will work on such big event where the tempo is much higher

P.S. this is the first U2Girl thread that i know of that is going on for so long without big fights or bans...

Well, we'll see what happens. Slovenia may not have a lot of experience when it comes to big games (except Euro and we weren't bad there), and it may not have big stars (except maybe Zahovic), but our power is the collective spirit, 11 players giving it their all (one for all and all for one). We have played big teams before (Yugoslavia, Russia, Romania to name just a few) who were big favorites but we beat them all.

About your ps: i think you may be on to something there.
smile.gif
But there was the "poll: what is your signature" thread which had more responses, and no fights or bans.
You and Pablo just keep it friendly...
wink.gif

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things nobody one else can. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 11-15-2001).]

Soccer and Friendliness RULES!

------------------

Originally posted by Cookie Manwhore:
You play soccer?

Wait, do you mean our country or me?
Sure, Slovenia plays soccer.

I don't. (of course, a few playful kicks on a voleyball ball, tennis ball in free time don't count)

Originally posted by U2girl:
Wait, do you mean our country or me?
Sure, Slovenia plays soccer.

I don't. (of course, a few playful kicks on a voleyball ball, tennis ball in free time don't count)

I meant you. I always love to know peoples' hobbies! Have a good day!

------------------

Damn, Colombia did not make it. We deserve it, out country goes through a lot of bullshit and almost every american stereotypes us, because the first thing they think of when they hear Colombia is crack. It's such bullshit.

Anyways, soccer is our escape. It's the only thing that can help us when we get dissed by newspapers every day in the U.S. Sadly, we won't make the world cup because of one goal. We just needed one less allowed, and we're in. Damn.

Originally posted by baker6621:
Damn, Colombia did not make it. We deserve it, out country goes through a lot of bullshit and almost every american stereotypes us, because the first thing they think of when they hear Colombia is crack. It's such bullshit.

Anyways, soccer is our escape. It's the only thing that can help us when we get dissed by newspapers every day in the U.S. Sadly, we won't make the world cup because of one goal. We just needed one less allowed, and we're in. Damn.

It's ok! There's always next year! I'm sure a lot of good things come out of Columbia.

------------------

Well, I , for one, think of coffee!!!!

Nothing like Colombian coffee!!
smile.gif

(And hey, that's better than people thinking of a frozen arctic wasteland when they think of my country! lol!)

Anyways, can someone please, please explain why Ireland got in although they lost???

[This message has been edited by ladywithspinninghead (edited 11-15-2001).]

The problem is that we're talking about 4 years more here. I'm sorry baker, that's too bad, but don't feel that way about your country, paraphrasing Bono, like any other country in the world it has its good and it has its bad. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Originally posted by christiana:
Yay for the Irish!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
(and for you, u2girl!!
smile.gif
)

I expect lazyboy is celebrating madly!!
tongue.gif

:p! Yay for the best irish supporter outside Ireland, you rock Christiana! Ahem, yeah, celebrating, lol, I was sick as a dog and still went mental, just sobering up now, twas great! Crap match, great day!

Weeeeeeeee're all part of Micky's arrrrrrrrrmyyyy
weeeeeeeee're all offffff to Asssssssiaaaaaaa!!!
and we'll reallly shake em up
when weeee win the world cup!
cause IRELAND ARE THE GREATEST FOOTBALL TEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!
biggrin.gif

I'll leave Ole Ole and Fields of Athenry and "There's only 1 Shay Given" for sometime later
wink.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Oh and congrats to you U2girl! I shouted for Slovenia at Euro2000, they're great! Hope we beat ye in the final!
tongue.gif

And hope the Aussies get the last place!

Come on Salome - it had to happen sometimes.
Your players should start to play as a team, and not a s a bunsh of arogant stars - you've got a quality for champions, but you have got no unity, and therefore no game

------------------
Everyone loves me
everyone thinks that I'm georgeours
they wait for their turn to meet me

I know we sucked
but we could have done with a bit of luck
biggrin.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Yes you could - what Kluivert missed in Dublin was unbelivable...
but then there would be no Ireland on the WC and the U2 guys would be sad - how much do you care about them on this matter?
Football rules (I don't want to call it soccer b/c it's played with feet, hence the name, football)

I can't go on normaly without U2, but I can't LIVE without football!!!

------------------
Everyone loves me
everyone thinks that I'm georgeours
they wait for their turn to meet me

No luck Salome? ye were damn lucky ye got that DEFLECTED goal against us to scrape a DRAW at home
biggrin.gif

And that Kluivert miss was down to crapness, not bad luck, and we woulda beat ye anyway
tongue.gif

Originally posted by Marko:
and the U2 guys would be sad - how much do you care about them on this matter?
not one bit
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by lazyboy:
And that Kluivert miss was down to crapness, not bad luck, and we woulda beat ye anyway
tongue.gif
you are funny, I'll give you that
tongue.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

The problem with the Dutch national team is that we always try to "make the game". Always try to attack, even if that sometimes looks as if they belong in the premier league of Afghanistan.

But to be honest, I'd rather lose while trying to "make the game" than win while prancing around in your own penalty-area waiting for a mistake.

Kluivert is a bad player though, I would have kicked him out long ago...

Back
Top Bottom