Wide Awake in Europe Discussion only NO REQUESTS Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I already ordered it from a smaller shop, I had left it in my shopping cart at Amazon just to watch what happened, and it's now just vanished without any explanation. Usually they at least keep you informed as to why they remove things, unless they just haven't got around to it yet.

That is true, but you'd think the U2 camp would have someone young and web savvy on their staff....

Do you really think it's a matter of wanting to share more but not having someone on staff that doesn't know how to turn on the computer?

Come on, it has nothing to do with being "web savvy" or not.

I love that Dublin version of Crazy Tonight :drool:

But yeah, this is kind of dumb. Really, if it's a ploy to try to get people to actually purchase their music, it is already a failure. Guaranteed the day of release someone from Interference will purchase the vinyl, convert it to mp3, and start emailing links to members who request it - just like what happened with Soon.

Whatever happened to that album that they were talking about releasing in an all digital format, like as an app with interactive photos and videos and info and stuff? That sounded really cool.

But yeah, this is kind of dumb. Really, if it's a ploy to try to get people to actually purchase their music, it is already a failure. Guaranteed the day of release someone from Interference will purchase the vinyl, convert it to mp3, and start emailing links to members who request it - just like what happened with Soon.
It's clearly not the reason for this EP.

Seriously.

Is it so hard to fathom that they either heard about the Black Friday Record Store Day, or someone reached out to them to say "hey, want to contribute?" And they thought "Hey, that's kind of nifty, let's do it."

I know they sound like they've been crushed by the disappointing showing of NLOTH and the lack of airplay, but if you think this vinyl EP is a direct attempt to get on the radio and get a bazillion sales, you have some sort of disconnect going on in your noodle.

I think if Mercy somehow got picked up and played all over the radio, I'm sure they wouldn't hate that, but I don't think that's their goal with this release.

maybe they aren't taking pre-orders when there are supposedly only 5000 copies.. or maybe it's because they're not actually a record store

maybe they aren't taking pre-orders when there are supposedly only 5000 copies.. or maybe it's because they're not actually a record store

If it's indie record shops only I think they're not going to get a single copy. Someone must've not read the instructions properly and have added it to the site when it wasn't meant to be.

That's what I'm wondering. If they'd left it on Amazon, they'd probably get 5,000 preorders right from that.

I just tried preordering from here, we'll see what happens:

U2 - Wide Awake In Europe [US 12"]: The Ideal Copy

I'd rather buy it from a local store, but I don't want to be left in the cold. If the local stores have it, I'll buy an extra copy and then maybe I can help out another fan who wasn't able to get one and support my local store at the same time.

/patting self on back :wink:

I preordered from the vvinyl website we got that photo from, haven't heard a thing from it yet. I'm probably going to check out the old vinyl store if I have time. They're on the list but I'm not sure they'll carry it seeing as I don't live in the US.

The rational part of me is trying to argue that I won't care that much if I don't have a physical copy, but then the obsessive collector part of me comes out of hiding and beats my rational self over the head with a record.

It's a 78, too, so it's heavy and painful.

I want it. I've collected every recent vinyl release, NLOTH, Crazy Tonight and Soon. Must have this one. Or my collection won't be complete. And we CANNOT have that happen. Must. Have it. *Starts foaming at the mouth*

I preordered from the vvinyl website we got that photo from, haven't heard a thing from it yet. I'm probably going to check out the old vinyl store if I have time. They're on the list but I'm not sure they'll carry it seeing as I don't live in the US.

Gg I ordered from that one too and I've already received 2 email updates on my order, so you may want to double check with them!

I want it. I've collected every recent vinyl release, NLOTH, Crazy Tonight and Soon. Must have this one. Or my collection won't be complete. And we CANNOT have that happen. Must. Have it. *Starts foaming at the mouth*

What about Magnificent and Boots? :hmm:

Gg I ordered from that one too and I've already received 2 email updates on my order, so you may want to double check with them!

Waaa! Then why didn't I get an update? I was supposed to get an email discussing the shipping costs, too!:scream: Thanks for the heads up!

ETA: Mine still says Pending. >< What does yours say?

Waaa! Then why didn't I get an update? I was supposed to get an email discussing the shipping costs, too!:scream: Thanks for the heads up!

ETA: Mine still says Pending. >< What does yours say?

Let's be sure we are talking about the same store: Vintage Vinyl Records?

My status is: Preorder

But I've received 2 emails, one acknowledging the order placed, and another acknowledging order processed and awaiting item release.

Well, it's not U2.com, but ...

U2 to issue live EP - Entertainment News, Music News, Media - Variety

I'm curious about that site with the pre-orders, and if it's actually available through them, or if those orders will be cancelled as well. I thought Record Store Day was only through participating stores and supposed to be about supporting your local indie shops.

Not sure if any online retailers are "participating stores."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom