Who here can sing along to Vertigo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miggy D

War Child
I like to think my voice is fairly strong, but I don't have great range. I simply can't do the chorus (I can feeeeeeel!) without changing the key, and therefore, ruining the song (if i were to perform it live). Does anyone here have the range to do it? What U2 songs are you able/not able to sing? U2, because of Bono's phenomenal range, is a very hard band to sing along to. I WISH I could sing al the way through WGRYWH without changing keys.

Thoughts?

-Mikey

can do Vertigo without any probs...it's Pride that always get me. The best song to sing along to, to prevent any problems, would be Bass Trap.

Im a girl and i can sing the whole song note for note. the high part is no issue.
i can do pride too :D
but i have kind of a wide range i think. dunno.
I'm singing all i want is you at my sisters wedding next week :hyper:
I would rather do vertigo :grumpy:

I can do Vertigo pretty well, I'd say :yes:

For some reason I really can't do the beginning part of Ultraviolet.

I'm sure there are plenty of other U2 songs I can't sing either :p

i can sing along and play guitar, sounds awsome

i sang and playd guitar solo the other day infront of my whole grade at school, i playd a very intimate rendition of acrobat, so now we can all say it has been playd live :D

I can sing "Vertigo" although it's not very easy to do it. The songs I've never been able to sing without changing the key have been:

Pride (In the name of love)
Red hill mining town
Who's gonna ride your wild horses
Stay (Faraway, so close)

www.TodoU2.tk

My range has definitely decreased over the years, I struggle to sing some u2 songs now that Id have had no problems with in the past...

did anyone else notice how during the elevation tour, Bono changed the way he sang the chorus of the FLY so he wouldn't have to change his own Key!..?

i'd like to think i can sing it and well sing in the 1st place too........

we should maybe kind of change this topic slightly....

maybe it should be aimed towards the friends of people that can sing U2 songs.

i.e. "does your friend sing vertigo without changing the key?"

the reason being, a lot of people out there are tone deaf but think they're fantastic singers when in fact they're not - but there's nothing in the world that can change their minds. that dumb Pop Idol programme is proof of that.

singing Edge's parts is way more fun and sometimes more challenging. try doing edge's backing to Streets (the rattle and hum movie version), then do it without any music and without laughing - a game for all the family!! the long winter nights will fly by!

Souly said:
I can sing along very badly.
Originally posted by celia
I can sing it totally out of tune very well indeed :up:
I'm with you guys. As soon as it comes on the radio I can hear (or at least I imagine I can hear, since I turn up the volume so loud) all the doors in my house between me and my family slamming. I just know they're thinking Oh shit, she's going to start singing again... :D My poor family.

I'm dreaming of singing Party Girl in front of some audience some day. A very underrated song in my opinion. But yes, I can do Vertigo.

God Part III said:
I'm dreaming of singing Party Girl in front of some audience some day. A very underrated song in my opinion. But yes, I can do Vertigo.

i love party girl, probably the most fun U2 song (next to Desire and MWays).

yeah, i can hit all the notes of Vertigo (though you can decide if my voice is good or not), but i do a really bad job on singing Bono's falsetto (especially on Lemon).

My band plays 11 O'Clock and I Will Follow, and i can sing 11 O'Clock well, but I Will Follow is a little too low for me at some points!

Not that I can play a guitar, not that I have ever sung in a band or anything, but that would be amazing.

I'm a bass player and not a singer but during a band practice (our singer would never turn up to them) I had a go at doing Dirty Day. This is a band I was in years ago. Anyway, maybe a couple of months or so ago, I found the tape of the practice and I was shocked at how good it was, if I say so myself. I should have done more singing but thought I wasn't particularly great at it at the time.

I can sing it...a few weeks ago I ran into two Irish lads at a bar (of course I talked thier ears off about the boys) and we decided to bust into an impromtu performance of Vertigo. It was well recieved... :p I'll have to thank the "liquid courage" for that...the beer made me brave.
I usually only sing for myself :reject:

I'm not sure... it's kinda hard but haven't tried much.

I'm very proud to say I can sing God Pt. 2 and actually sound pretty darn good!

i can follow vertigo quite well, it's the low notes on if you wear that velvet dress that get me stumped,
i'd never have the guts to sing lead vocals at a gig,
i have sung backing vocals and played guitar on stage though
(a firm handshake to quadcaster, u2bonogirl and mikal)

sorry i forgot starsgoblue as well,
did you get that horrible trail of thought as you were recovering from your hangover the next morning?

quadcaster said:
i can sing along and play guitar, sounds awsome

i sang and playd guitar solo the other day infront of my whole grade at school, i playd a very intimate rendition of acrobat, so now we can all say it has been playd live :D

That is brilliant, dude, I'm jealous :D I'm still trying to nail Vertigo on guitar - it's like such an easy riff but for some reason I can never get it right :lol: and for some reason I can't sing and play guitar at the same time. It's sad because everyone is supposed to be able to do it easily but I just can't do it :huh:

Who's gonna rife your wild horses used to give me trouble but now (after much practice) i can get the chorus.

Vertigo...the "i can feel" part gives me trouble in non-falsetto. I need more time to get it right :)

Back
Top Bottom