Where would you like U2 to play

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would love it if they would play the UNI-Dome at the University of Northern Iowa. It's a fairly short drive for me (lots shorter than driving to the Twin Cities). They were supposed to play there in 1987 when I was a student, but they switched the location to the University of Iowa before tickets went on sale and I couldn't go because I didn't have a car and no one I knew who had one wanted to go once they knew they had to drive that far. I feel like the band owes me one! :wink:

The St. Louis Arch grounds - U2 used a modified arch for the popmart tour - but this arch is all silver and pretty and has a cool elevator - open concert right on the river (that would be the Mississippi)

idealistically? mullins center, UMASS amherst. fuck that, if we're going completly idealistically, my living room.

realistically? anywhere within reasonable driving distance.

My new backyard. Just purchased a new house and have only been in it for 2 months now. The reason for the move? Needed a BIG YARD for the kids to play in.

U2 The Vertigo Backyard Tour '05

Any of the usual Sydney venues;

Sydney Entertainment Centre (arena) - holds 12,000
Sydney SuperDome (arena) - 20,000
Sydney Football Stadium - 50,000
Sydney Olympic Stadium - 90,000

HOWEVER - U2 skipped Australia on the Elevation tour and therefore must make amends and also perform at one of the following Sydney venues (Australian Interferencers are on the door list) -

Enmore Theatre - holds 5,000
Metro Theatre - 2,000
The Gaelic Club - 1,000
The Basement - 400.

i'd love to see u2 come to Bangor my home town, theres this great area called Pickie which is located at the coast, and after having a good 15 min walk you arrive in this beautiful area where there is an old band stand leveled up from the ground with some steps, and you can see the sea not far in front of you. would be amazing if they played in that little area heh. i tend to go there when im drinking, theres these small hills beside it and its great just seeing everything around you. that place is where I fell in love with 'Bad' and 'Where The Streets Have No Name' i would love to hear those songs echo the town :D

I hope they make it to Ann Arbor MI, like U-Ms
Chrisler Arena, which seats 13,000 I think.

While they're in town on an arena tour they can think about playing "the Big House", UM Football Stadium which seats over 100,000...that would be interesting!
Talk about the Vertigo you'd get sitting in those stands...
They might not be allowed to tread on the precious grass there...

And there's a sociologically interesting pub on Main Street Ann Arbor...one of those deals transported piece by piece from Ireland complete with the peat. Smoking still allowed in sections I believe!

cheers!

U2 - November 31st 2005 - Football Park (AAMI Stadium) Adelaide

U2 will go all around Australia this tour. MCG, Gabba, Whatever's in Perth, and the SCG. I doubt they'll go to Hobart.

Earnie Shavers said:
Any of the usual Sydney venues;

Sydney Entertainment Centre (arena) - holds 12,000
Sydney SuperDome (arena) - 20,000
Sydney Football Stadium - 50,000
Sydney Olympic Stadium - 90,000

HOWEVER - U2 skipped Australia on the Elevation tour and therefore must make amends and also perform at one of the following Sydney venues (Australian Interferencers are on the door list) -

Enmore Theatre - holds 5,000
Metro Theatre - 2,000
The Gaelic Club - 1,000
The Basement - 400.

u2 at the basement/metro :drool:

Yep I was going to ask Edge also that since they missed coming to australia in 2001, can sydney (or other aussie cities) get the arena tour (or arenas and stadiums, they did both on the joshua tree tour). Did any of the many aussies here ask him? (I didn't DOH!)

You never know, they may feel guilty about not touring here after a 8 year gap-we have nothing to lose by asking anyway................

I have been to 3 u2 concerts in sydney and they were all at the stadium-I personally don't want to see them there again even though it seems inevitable.

DiGi said:

With all that said my favorite venue is the 9:30 club in Washington DC. The place is just a really great venue for a show and always has top notch acts.

Been to many shows at the 9:30 club, great venue definetly. Great atmosphere.

Omaha, or anything within 90 miles of there. :)

It'd be nice if they could play some places they've never played before - like Omaha.

Now let's see, where would I like to see them. That would be in Ruisrock Festival in 2005/2006. The were in Ruisrock Festival in 1982 on their October tour and we want to see them again in this city. This city is the Dublin of Finland :) We have a river that runs through the city.

flameandthefire said:
Now let's see, where would I like to see them. That would be in Ruisrock Festival in 2005/2006. The were in Ruisrock Festival in 1982 on their October tour and we want to see them again in this city. This city is the Dublin of Finland :) We have a river that runs through the city.

Hyvva Paiva flameandthefire

Kuinka sinulla?

Mina on hyva!

nice to have a finn on the board. i married a finn and we live in australia but we travel their every yr or so (TORNIO-i know very little town-no chance of u2 playing tornio!).

So if U2 play finland we will be there no worries!!!

Nakemiiin

Sorry for the bad finnish spelling im an australian and we find english hard enough let alone finnish!

brownda7 said:
Hyvva Paiva flameandthefire

Kuinka sinulla?

Mina on hyva!

Terve! Mukava tavata sinut, kirjoitat hyvin suomea!

You did very good with your finnish :) It's nice to know you like us finns so much you even married one :)

I guess it seems unlikely that U2 would play in Finland on next tour, but you never know. They've been in Finland twice.

- In 1982 (October tour) they played in my home town Turku and in 1997 (POPMart tour) they played in Helsinki Olympic stadium.

on STEWART ISLAND deep in the south of New Zealand...the real AT THE END OF THE WORLD gig. yes that would be cool

Re: Re: Where would you like U2 to play

jkayet said:
:drool: :combust: :faint: (I think this is the only time I've used these smiles, but they are very appropriate here.) U2 playing 930 would be...beyond...just...amazing... Definitely my venue vote....since I suppose my living room is slightly less realistic. ;)

:ohmy: U2 at 9:30 club would be awesome :D

But i'd take either MCI Center in DC or RFK Stadium :D or anywhere would be great :D

(Hubby already said that we're going to go all over the US to see them play and perhaps Dublin) :D

They may take me and my girl to a beach in the south of France
and play a bit while we're trying to make "Silenus junior"...
while Mr.The Edge is doing a solo, Bono can fill up our glasses of wine...
Joy to all

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I saw Aerosmith and Bruce last year at Comerica, and both shows were great, but I would never want to see U2 in that kind of venue. After Elevation, a huge spectacle would just seem so wrong. I had terrible seats in 92 at the Silverdome for Zoo Tv, and the sound was atrocious! :no:

Maybe when Edge pops in again, he can mention the Fox to the other guys... :sexywink:

The Silverdome SUCKS for concerts... one of the reasons I didn't enjoy their Popmart show... it was a horrible venue for them to play in. I never thought U2 could sound BAD but that venue sure did the trick. :(

In Milwaukee Wisconsin ... Bradley Center or Miller Park. For a club show ... Shank Hall or Eagles Ballroom.

(And yes ... Shank Hall (formery Teddy's) is named for the Shank Hall in Milwaukee mentioned in This is Spinal Tap.)

I live in farm country... I'd have to go to St. Louis, Little Rock, or Dallas to the larger venue's to see a decent concert. I'd LOVE it if they played the Alltel Arena in Little Rock! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom