When will the album leak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

When will the album leak?

• Before February 13th

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • February 13th

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • February 14th

Votes: 22 5.0%
  • February 15th

Votes: 26 5.9%
  • February 16th

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • February 17th

• February 18th

• February 19th

Votes: 24 5.5%
  • After February 19th

Votes: 257 58.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it funny how certain people in here can act like a prick and trample on people in the wink of an eye. I never said I knew him personally so why dont you just fuck off. This now reminds me as to why I rarely post on here anymore...sorry but Im not going to defend myself for no reason to a couple of jerks.

what? nobody is blaming you for anything? :|

Im not getting into it but certain individuals have to act a certain way in here when its not neccessary...not you Mikal..but those supposed 'superior U2 fans' know who they are...thats all Im going to say.

Im not getting into it but certain individuals have to act a certain way in here when its not neccessary...not you Mikal..but those supposed 'superior U2 fans' know who they are...thats all Im going to say.

hmm....ok well let's just leave it at the door and get ourselves a leak. :)

I find it funny how certain people in here can act like a prick and trample on people in the wink of an eye. I never said I knew him personally so why dont you just fuck off. This now reminds me as to why I rarely post on here anymore...sorry but Im not going to defend myself for no reason to a couple of jerks.

no one asked you to defend yourself so you really don't need to be sorry.

I agree...I know a guy right now who posted it already on a site...in 256kps with no link yet..total file size is 92 mb

He's talking about the "link" at farbeat.com. Good luck with that.

i wasn't trying to be a prick, but thanks. i was simply stating that you didn't post the site, and yes, you did say you "knew a guy" as if you had some scoop.

Ok no problem...I just dont want any hostility & I thought thats where it was going...lets just worry about getting the album early....
Im constantly checking for links so as I know of one I'll let ya'll know. Someone please beat me to it..listening to those Walmart clips made the wait THAT much harder! :drool:

page updated but only sexy boots at 256 kbps... nothing for the other tracks

but the guy says meanwhile...

he is sure to hold the album soon ? (sorry i don't understand the exact sense for "meanwhile"...i'm french :D)

oh man, I just about freaked when I saw "u2 no line on the horizon" on Pirate Bay, but then saw the file was only 4.99 MB..it's just the 30 sec previews. :sigh:

i'm now a little afraid that we all got a little ahead of ourselves because of the excitement surrounding the 30 second clips. yeah, it could still be this week, but i'm starting to think that we're still about 2 weeks away.

either way, we're getting close!

these preview snips at wallmart are a common way to heat up the promtion. these days, when you can get most of the records 2 or 3 weeks before the official release, the record companies didn´t take the risk and sent out full copies to digital retail stores. all of them only get these previews which shouldn´t be online til the release but sometimes it´s also a good promotional tool because people went crazy and rumours spread across the web.

as i love this band since 16years, i really can´t wait for the album. but i do think that this time the leak appear a few days before the official release. probably to heat it up again. their security measures are totally high. no one of the big newspaper etc get a copy in advance...they got the chance to listen at a pre listening session. so it really seems for me, and i´m working in the music industry for years, that island records still keep it safe.

but a week before the release...promos will go to the media. and then, this long awaited piece of music will hit the digital world too.

so i think about february 20th.
but i hope that i´m wrong:sexywink:

these preview snips at wallmart are a common way to heat up the promtion. these days, when you can get most of the records 2 or 3 weeks before the official release, the record companies didn´t take the risk and sent out full copies to digital retail stores. all of them only get these previews which shouldn´t be online til the release but sometimes it´s also a good promotional tool because people went crazy and rumours spread across the web.

as i love this band since 16years, i really can´t wait for the album. but i do think that this time the leak appear a few days before the official release. probably to heat it up again. their security measures are totally high. no one of the big newspaper etc get a copy in advance...they got the chance to listen at a pre listening session. so it really seems for me, and i´m working in the music industry for years, that island records still keep it safe.

but a week before the release...promos will go to the media. and then, this long awaited piece of music will hit the digital world too.

I think this is about right... I think that's all Walmart had, just 30 sec clips...

In the menatime Im going to listen to these 2 killer tracks I just dl'd - Coldplay's Lost - piano only (studio version) & complete & lovers in Japan - acoustic

In the menatime Im going to listen to these 2 killer tracks I just dl'd - Coldplay's Lost - piano only (studio version) & complete & lovers in Japan - acoustic

Nice. What did you eat for breakfast? :wink:

Breakfast? LoL..actually a microwave reheated slive of Papa Johns pizza & a cigarette...
btw- I keep wanting to call that site FARTBEATCOM
Anyone else having that problem? :wink:

There was something interesting when Coldplay was on 60 minutes. There was a sign which had a set of rules for the band. One of them was that promo/review copies of their albums were only going to be sent out in Vinyl because it avoids the copying issue and sounds better.

I was kinda thinking that it will leak on the 20th, too, since that's a week before the earliest release anywhere (27th in some places). Someone's going to have some copies of the album by then, so that's probably the most likely time for it to be leaked.

But I am not going to listen to them if they do leak on the 20th! How pathetic would it be to give in when there's only eleven days left?

not pathetic at all. :shrug: I have the super mega deluxe bla bla version pre-ordered, and i fully intend on listening to the album whenever it's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom