When will be the tour annoucement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cyril

The Fly
We know that the tickets are expected to go on sale in January 2005. Therefore, the band should make an announcement very soon, at a press conference (or via their website) ...

Will it be announced on MTV's TRL, at a press conference in KMart :wink: or ???

Has anyone heard anything?

-Cyril

I emailed Cecilia Coffey at morning asking for the annouce, and she answered me that it will be in NY, but didn't answer when:(

Bono's Tart said:
We've been told early January!

U2.com implies that's when tickets will go on sale to the general public, so it would seem highly likely that the tour announcement will come this month.

There've been rumors flying around that they're anouncing it tomorrow. Coincidentally, tomorrow's also the day that the NYC concert was supposed to be broadcast (it was moved to Friday). So, based on rumor, it would either be tomorrow or Friday.

I think they will announce dates sooner rather than later, to give interested people the chance to check out U2.com and sign up.

The announcement of the tour dates will bring lots of publicity.

Some people mentioned that MTV was having a special today announcing the tour but I have yet to see a confirmation...

It will surely brighten my day / week / month...

U2@NYC said:
Some people mentioned that MTV was having a special today announcing the tour but I have yet to see a confirmation...

It will surely brighten my day / week / month...
:rant: *Blu curses the fact that she doesn't have a cable-connected TV in her office* :censored:

Don't get that excited, given that we have not seen any further announcements, my sense is that the probability of this rumor happening is fairly low...

I heard a rumour that the tour will be announced definitely before it happens and probably before the tickets go on sale - but I could be wrong.

:|

They should release it from NORAD command centre inside that mountain in Colorado, since this IS the How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb tour coming up :wink:

Back
Top Bottom