What is U2's Most Soothing Song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: What is U2's Most Soothing Song?

Rob33 said:

That's interesting, as I think Bad is one of U2's most intense songs ever....funny how that is soothing for you...and I can't really say that a soothing song for me always relaxes and calms me...:shrug:

for me, the most soothing song would have to be Grace....listening to it daily is enjoyable and relaxing....listening to it in the rain, ineffable......It's the greatest example of how songs are transformed when the setting is right....Grace really connects with me on a far deeper level in a rainy setting...like while driving...and the windshield wipers add to the experience tremendously, seriously... preferably when on one of the slower settings :)

as for other soothing songs...Running To Stand Still, One Step Closer, Mothers of the Disappeared, Bass Trap, and I'd probably have to include I Still Haven't Found and Heartland...So Cruel a little too...but these songs aren't nearly as soothing as Grace for me

For me, streets is more uplifting and energizing than it is "soothing."

It's funny, as I'd completely agree with your comment that Bad is one of U2's most intense songs. However, at the same time, it is also the song I find most soothing... I can't describe why I feel this way... I just do. Lol.

Others I'd choose would be:

Bass Trap (which I lost when the hard-drive of my lap-top died, sob)
Promenade
Elvis Presley and America
MLK
Mothers of the Disappeared

Last edited:
I think BAD is very soothing despite its very rombustious texture. Its attitude in general can really let you sit down, pause at what you're thinking, and enjoy the music like the sounds of a roaring river.

Geez...I'm getting poetic here.

Back
Top Bottom