What Elevation shows did you go to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Originally posted by Gina Marie:

It says he has Providence 10/31
confused.gif
-went to that one too, and it was fantastic.
Yeah, it does, doesn't it? Hee hee... okay I'm an idiot.
rolleyes.gif

That's good advice Blue Room I shall do that. I think I'll get an Elevation show. I can always buy more bootlegs, his prices are pretty good.

------------------
The Irish been coming here for years. Feels like they own the place.

All That You Can't Leave Behind is my album of the year! :p

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Boston 6/9

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

And Providence 10/31

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

Phoenix last spring was awesome, and I've heard that the second San Jose show was really great. Too bad SLC wasn't on that list; that was my favorite show on the shows I saw.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

Originally posted by madonna's child:
I can always buy more bootlegs, his prices are pretty good.

What? BUY bootlegs?

Girl, email me, I have a ton of shows and have no problem doing B&Ps.

u2mofogirl@yahoo.com

------------------
The wind will crack in winter time
No spoken words, just a scream

My Lair

Pittsburgh, 5-16-01
Slane I, 8-25-01
Baltimore, 10-19-01
Vegas, 11-19-01
Tampa, 12-1-01

Pittsburgh, 5-6-01 was an awesome show that I am guessing not enough people have a copy of.

No matter what you choose I do not think you can go wrong

I'd say if you were to get Elevation bootlegs, get shows from the Spring and Summer legs of the tour. The fall leg they cut the length of the shows down singificantly, and dropped With Or Without You, The Fly, Gone, and for the most part Desire and Mysterious Ways. They did add I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For in the fall though. The Fly sounded amazing on this tour. You have to get a recording of it.

I saw U2 in NJ on 6/21, and that show went 2 hrs and 10 min, and then I saw them in Philly on 11/2 and that show was 1 hr and 43 min. Too short for band like them. I was glad to see them again, but I was a little mad at the length of the show.

[This message has been edited by ericb (edited 03-05-2002).]

Originally posted by martha:
Phoenix last spring was awesome, and I've heard that the second San Jose show was really great. Too bad SLC wasn't on that list; that was my favorite show on the shows I saw.

Right you are Martha about Phoenix, and don't forget Las Vegas. I just pick up a bootleg called U2 Bono Sings One For The Gipper. It's from the Notre Dame concert Oct. 10 2001. The sound is awesome. Another good one is from March 24 Fort Lauderdale.

Best setlist: Boston 6/9

Best recording: Albany 6/2 (even in .mp3 sounds like an shn recording)

Best crowd/not the greatest recording: New York 10/27

IMHO

I don't really have an opinion as to what show you should get, I have about 15 or so from the Elevation tour and most of them sound pretty good, so I would agree with Blue Room and look at set lists to pick the best. But I want to re-iterate what sicy said, DO NOT BUY any bootlegs from anyone. You can trade with most anybody here, and most of them will do B&Ps if you have nothing to trade. And if you have a burner, jump on Direct Connect and dl the shows from there. Or if you don't care about mp3s, you can find those on many sites.

Just my opinion
Brian

*Cleveland--May 3
*South Bend--Oct 10
*Chicago--Oct 14
*Providence--Oct 31
*St. Louis--Nov 28

It's hard to pick shows...the Halloween show in Providence is really cool cos they played Party Girl and Slow Dancing--plus it's Larry's b-day and he got to talk!
biggrin.gif

------------------
when a good time turns around
you must whip it
you will never live it down
unless you whip it
no one gets their way
until they whip it
i say whip it
whip it good

Originally posted by DiGi:

Pittsburgh, 5-6-01 was an awesome show that I am guessing not enough people have a copy of.

OMG, I live in Pittsburgh but I didn't go to the show. *still kicking self* I wasn't a big fan back then - all of last year
rolleyes.gif
- so I put off buying tickets and they more or less sold out. (What was left were bad seats or I couldn't afford.) So I sat at home and wrote a research paper while mentally kicking myself.

Anyway, I'm still up in the air about what I'll get but thanks for the help. I'll let you guys know when I decide.

And, Sicy, I may just email you.
smile.gif

------------------

All That You Can't Leave Behind is my album of the year!
tongue.gif

Love,
Emily

[This message has been edited by madonna's child (edited 03-05-2002).]

I have numerous shows from this tour. I cut them myself using a wave editor, eliminating all gaps and clicks between tracks. I'll trade you some shows for some copies of cd's you have at no charge.

Originally posted by DiGi:

Tampa, 12-1-01

Um, where did you find that? I want one!!

------------------
N A T E

Does love light up your Christmas tree?
The next minute you're blowing a fuse
and the cartoon network turns into the news...

Yes, the Pittsburgh show is excellent. Even played The Sweetest Thing at that show!

smile.gif

------------------
when a good time turns around
you must whip it
you will never live it down
unless you whip it
no one gets their way
until they whip it
i say whip it
whip it good

I didn't go to any.
frown.gif

But I'm trading a copy of the U2 b-sides and a rare Madonna cd for a double disc bootleg. So my question, is what show should I get? He doesn't have all of them, but he has a lot. What date was your show(s) and was it good?

Here is the site that has his entire list:
http://www.geocities.com/gastonelvisfan/GASTONU2BOOTLEGS.htm

Could you guys recommened something to me? The only ones I heard a lot about where the Providence and New York shows, but he doesn't have them. I need some guidance. Thanks!
smile.gif

------------------

All That You Can't Leave Behind is my album of the year!
tongue.gif

Love,
Emily

[This message has been edited by madonna's child (edited 03-05-2002).]

I don't own any Elevation bootlegs yet, but I went to 8, and the some of the best musically were Denver, leg 3 (All I Want Is You is brilliant), Chicago 2, leg 3, and St. Louis, leg 3.
smile.gif
I don't know how they would sound on disc, though, so I don't have any expert opinion on this.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Boston 6/9/01 was the best show I've ever been to in my life. Simply amazing. They completely mixed up the setlist...the crowd was great...the magic was there, etc. But I don't know that there is a really high-quality version floating around.

Boston 6/9, without a doubt. I went to all 4 Boston shows, and that was the best one, just imo.

It says he has Providence 10/31
confused.gif
-went to that one too, and it was fantastic.

Don't know if you only are looking for a boot from this tour, otherwise I would recommend the show from Stockholm from 1992, called Dancing Zoo TV, I saw he had it. It's an amazing show with Bj?rn and Benny from ABBA performing with them onstage doing Dancing Queen, among alot of other nice happenings that night. Great quality too!

Indeed absolutely everything was perfect about Boston 6/9. The greatest show of any kind I've ever seen.

You might also try to obtain Slane 8/25/01 - while that might not have been the best show of the tour, certainly the atmosphere was incredibly different - so emotional (and A Sort of Homecoming was played for the only time in 14 years). Also, the Torino concert sounds like it was remarkable, with the band returning to the stage after Walk On to play Pride and Out of Control.

It really is a setlist vs quality of the recording thing when it comes to bootlegs. Most of the audience recordings from N. America on this tour are of very good quality so I would go to U2 tours.com and take a look at which setlist seems the best to you and get a bootleg of that show.

The best Elevation show I saw (out of 8) was the 5-15-01 Chicago show. There is a very high quality recording of that out there.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 03-05-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom