What are your favorite U2 videos and which ones you can't stand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siren

Acrobat
My faves:
With or Without You- This is first U2 video I ever saw years ago when I was a kid. This is the first U2 song I ever heard.

Stuck In A Moment- Second Version

Elevation

Staring At The Sun

Even Better Than The Real Thing- It makes me dizzy sometimes.

The Fly- Bono looks very suave :drool: Edge looks very energetic! The band is on fire in this video.

Numb- Poor Edge! It makes me laugh every time.

Electrical Storm- It's about time Larry was in front of the camera more! Hopefully Adam is next.

The videos I dislike-
Lemon- This is my favorite song but the video is blech!

Staring At the Sun- second version
Maybe I'm biased because I love the first version so much.

Please- weird video. It gives me the creeps.

That's all I can think of for now.
So what are some of your faves or the ones you hate?

Last edited:
I think that Zooropa as an album had the best clips.
Stay, Numb and Lemon are all fantastic.

ATYCLB had the worst - way too MTV.

All the others are somewhere in between. I love both versions of One.

Please, first Stuck, first Staring at the Sun, Discotheque, EBTTRT, Buffalo version of "One," WOWY, WTSHNN, Unforgettable Fire, Sweetest Thing, Lemon!!!!

Dislike second stuck, Walk On, WGRYWH, Spanish Eyes(Yeah, I know, it doesn't really count)

Zooropa clearly produced the best U2 videos.

Numb - original and hilarious
Lemon - produces that dark and desperate feel (and has MacPhisto!)
Stay - just gorgeous, everything about it

Videos I didn't like:
Staring At The Sun - boring video to a great song
Please - I know I'll get flamed for this one, but the video to me doesn't do the song justice. Again, rather boring.
And, the worst U2 video of all time....Elevation!!! This could be the biggest video letdown ever - what is happening in this video???

Oops! I forgot to add "Where The Streets Have No Name" to my favorites list.

I also don't mind seeing Discotheque every now and again. The Village People part makes me laugh.

I like One also. The version where U2 is dressed in drag and the other where Bono is in a bar. It seems as if he is talking right to the viewer. I don't really think the girl was needed.

Last edited:
My favorite videos:
Staring at the sun,
With or Without you
Sweetest Thing
Discotheque
Lemon
The Fly

My least favorite videos:
Stuck in a moment - second version
Mysterious Ways

My favourite by miles is All I Want is You. A great little movie in itself and the co-ordination with the music is wonderful.

Best:
Where the Streets Have No Name
One(bar version)
Stay
Hold me, Thrill me, Kiss me, Kill me(without the Batman footage)

Worst:
Elevation - biggest disgrace in U2 history
Stuck in a Moment(American Football version)

Gloria video is the greatest without doubt!

Like;
A celebration,
even better than the real thing,
the fly,
whose gonna ride your wild horses
please
discotheque
lemon
numb
beautiful day
walk on
two hearts
all i want is you

dislike:

desire,
mysterious ways
pride
staring at the sun

Favourite:

Numb
Stay
Lemon
Streets
One (both Anton's and Bono in the bar versions)
Beautiful Day

Least favourite:

Last Night on Earth (what a goddamn ugly video)
Stuck in the Moment (US version)
Unforgettable Fire

favs:

wtshnn
wgrywh
stay
ebttrt

hate:
elevation - simply the worst video ever by any rock band
lemon
stuck in a moment - football version
lnoe

Yeah, I'll pile on to the football version of "Stuck". Woeful.

I'll add to the praise for the three Zooropa videos. Definitely the highlights of their video careers. Frankly, I can't think of a good video since the Zooropa ones ... but I've never liked U2 videos much anyway. I'm not optimistic about "Vertigo".

Best- With or Without You. I think it has defined the look/style of U2

Worst- Elevation, Stuck

well, even better than the real thing, v good ( U2 invented the Matrix ) plus the sweetest thing is the best video ever no question.................

ZeroDude said:
well, even better than the real thing, v good ( U2 invented the Matrix ) plus the sweetest thing is the best video ever no question.................

sweetest thing is so cute! i can't stop laughing every time i see it.
i also like discotheque and one (the bar version and the b/w one) btw: i'm not quite sure whether i can understand the idea of the second one... can anybody explain it to me?

I love the video for Discotheque, Please, WTSHNN, ISHFWILF, 2nd Stuck, Sweetest Thing, and Mysterious Ways.

Now I love the song With or Without You, but the video gets me so mad...Bono is holding the guitar through the entire video and never once does he play it!

For the videos that I could go without....Angel of Harlem, HMTMKMKM...animated batman version, Last Night On Earth, The Fly. I like all the songs for these videos, I just think that they could have tried to make a good video to go with the songs.

I never thought about it but I guess that U2 did invent the Matrix thing. That is cool!

Favorites:
Sweetest Thing
Stay
Electrical Storm
Stuck European version
Numb
I Will Follow. Bono's dancing in this one :up:
ISHFWILF

No likey:
Mysterious Ways
WGRYWH
football Stuck. :yuck:
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
Staring at the Sun, 2nd version

Faves = Please, Sweetest Thing, Discotheque, BD (not the airport one), Stay, TGBHF

I'm not really into music vids in general so I don't feel strongly one way or the other for the rest.

How about we start list two... favorite and most despised....

Fav... Stay .... beautiful vid for a beautiful song

Least Fave... Tie :wink: Elevation and the Football ver. of Stuck

Favorites:

One (Bar)
Stay
European Stuck
WGRYWH
MW
Streets
WOWY
ISHFWILF
EBTTRT
The Fly
UF
Pride (version 2 more than 1)
BD
Desire

I dislike:

LNOE
Discotheque
All I Want Is You
Football Stuck
morphing Walk On
Numb
SATS (Army)
One buffalo

clementine_rose said:

Now I love the song With or Without You, but the video gets me so mad...Bono is holding the guitar through the entire video and never once does he play it!

Bono does that a lot and he did it especially often during the JT days...even on stage he'd have a guitar but never play it...or he'd play like three chords and the sling it over his shoulder just to be like "damn I'm sexy" :p

I think I'm the only person here EVER that likes Elevation and the American Stuck *dodges lemons and olives thrown at her* They're not my favourite vids mind you, but they're spiffy! Poor Edge and his tripping... :sad:

My faves:
The Fly - damn this vid is hot. :drool: Bono chest and Bono neck...The Fly is Bono oozing sex. And the beginning is funny :p
Discotheque - Bono humping the camera :up: It's a fun lil vid and I love it when the Edge does that little dance thing in the middle of it while Bono nods like "yeah that's not bad" ... they're both so adorable :heart: and the Village People thing never ceases to amuse me... plus Bono makes a hot cop. :wink:
The Sweetest Thing - The most adorable video EVER.
Numb - Hilarious... and Bono is damn sexy in it for the like 10 seconds he's actually there :p plus I'm becoming more and more of an Edge fan...
Even Better Than The Real Thing - Spiffalicious.
Walk On - I wish this had been on Best Of... my sole reason for this one is Bono starting to rip his shirt off :D that COS disorder is really gettin' serious...
Stuck (European) - Such a cute little vid, and Bono looks damn hot! Poor Bono, gettin' thrown out of a truck... good thing Edge is there for him :hug: they're so adorable.
Stay - Another adorable vid with some beautiful imagery.

Least faves:
All I Want Is You - Nice little story and everything, but no... the level of Bononess is far too low for my tastes.
Mysterious Ways - This video gives me a seizure.

i'd say my favourites are the videos from ab, zooropa, and pop. my least fave are the atyclb videos, and some of the earlier stuff, if only for their cheesiness.

hmmm...sounds like my musical preferences for U2 too. :D

Oh man, "New Years Day" was a revelation to me. No one had done that on any video I'd ever seen. They looked like rock and roll warriors, guitars strung across their backs, riding on horseback through the snow. It blew my 15 year-old mind.

"The Unforgetable Fire" was brilliant. Again, totally original.

The kicker was "Sunday Bloody Sunday" from Red Rocks. It was galvanizing.

They remain my favorites to this day.

Oh, I have to include "One". The shots of the band in the studio gathered in a circle, just laying it down, took my breath away. THAT's the essence of U2. 4 guys, guitars and drums.

As for duds, well there were a few, but it could've been a lot worse.

Back
Top Bottom