Vertigo on Kidz Bop 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
So I wope up this morning and turned on my television and the channel was on Nick, from when I watched Nick @ Nite last night. Spongebob was on, which is a cute show, so I watched it. There was a commercial for that Kidz Bop 8, with real songs and kids singing them.

So Vertigo came on, and these kids had sunglasses on, singing the chorus. And I said, outloud...

Oh. My. God.

Not to mention Franz Ferdinand was on there, and a bunch of other stuff I hear on the radio station I listen to and of course hip-hop stuff.

I'm not really sure what to think of this.

Old news, but still good news. I ran across Kidz Bop 7 in Target last night. Realized it wasn't the one with Vertigo on it.

I have this masochistic urge to listen :evil:

Oh. My. God. That might enter the "so bad, it's good" realm.

They did Rich Girl too! nanananananana

:laugh: :yuck: (i used to have nightmares that some one in my family would by a kidsbop for me:mad:)

Oh. My. God. That might enter the "so bad, it's good" realm.

Totally. The last one had a cover of Modest Mouse's "Float On," which I heard online, and you haven't lived until you've heard a group of peppy children sing:

"I crashed my car into a cop car the other day..."

"A fake Jamaican took every last dime with that scam
It was worth it just to learn from sleight of hand"

Riveting, kids. Just riveting.

Do kids even know what sleight of hand is?

Yeah, I wonder if they change/skip any of the lyrics on any of those songs, cause even if they aren't exactly obscene it just seems weird to have kids singing them.

corianderstem said:

Totally. The last one had a cover of Modest Mouse's "Float On," which I heard online, and you haven't lived until you've heard a group of peppy children sing:

"I crashed my car into a cop car the other day..."

Haha. I heard a clip of that one, too. Didn't all of the kids shout "YEAH!" right after that line? :wink:

I CRASHED MY CAR INTO A COP CAR, THE OTHER DAY

YEAH! :rockon:

:huh:

Yeah... so bad its good... well the one kid that kind of sings louder than the rest, deeper voice.. maybe a little older?.. seems like he's a Bono-wanna-be, at least sounds like he's trying.

Britney Spears' "Toxic" is featured on Kidz Bop, Vol. 6.

Does no one else find this incredibly disturbing?

Intoxicate me now
With your lovin' now
I think I'm ready now
I think I'm ready now
Intoxicate me now
With your lovin' now
I'm ready now

Can you imagine the carnage if they were ever to include Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own onto one of those things?

:huh:

Lemonfix said:
Well, it's nice to get kids interested in good music from an early age

then actually GIVE them the music. the real stuff. not this kidzbop crap.

and i'm a mother, so don't argue with me on this one.

:wink:

i'm really wondering how the lyric "the girl with crimson nails has jesus 'round her neck" sounds coming from a bunch of kids. is it weird? not that the lyric itself is weird, but i really don't think young children will understand that kind of imagery.

it's just bad

the whole thing is bad

go to your rooms.

I am seeing this commercial on TV a lot. Then again, I have a weakness for some Cartoon Network shows. LOL! Yes, I know my age - but I can't help it. As a result, though, I hear kids singing "Hello Hello!" all the time. I wonder if they sing the "how to kneeeeeeeel" part too. :hmm:

Aha! I went to Amazon.com. They have a longer snippet of the song here in case anyone is interested. Sounds like a guy singing most of it, with kids doing some back up at inopportune moments. It's rather amusing really. :lol:

Last edited:
When I was full time nanny for 4 kids, ages 3-11, we just listened to U2 bootlegs all day. :shrug:

Then again, the 10 year old girl always tried to sneak in this A-Teens CD when I wasn't paying attention. :madspit:

Time for some stronger copyright laws. I could live with no one being allowed to cover U2 in a dive bar if it makes this crap stop.

So...do we think they get around current copyright law by offering this as a parody?

Back
Top Bottom