U2's quest for the 'perfect pop song' -- new album talk continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not much but...

U2: new Album for 2013? (and Comeback Tour) - Mediamass

Have U2 been working on a new album? While their representatives are keeping tight-lipped, reports have been circulating on the Internet. There have been strong rumors that the rock band is finally returning to the recording studio working on a what might be a back-to-roots album.

According to a source, rumors of U2 (Bono, Adam Clayton, The Edge and Larry Mullen, Jr., ed) working in recording studio are true, with as many as eight songs having been put to tape. “It’s still in the early stages,” “They got security on the doors to ensure no-one hears a whisper,” a source said.

World Tour To Follow New Album?

U2 are rumoured to be planning a worldwide tour at the end of 2013. When contacted, a representative had no information on a new album, or any of the rock band’s future plans. This isn’t the first time in recent memory reports have surfaced about U2 recording sessions. Fans will be anxiously awaiting...

Do you think U2 will pick up right where he left off and deliver another excellent album? Have you heard any rumors about the new album? Let us know!!

What the hell does "back to roots" mean for this band? :D No beach clips this time with all those security doors.

Isn't "back to roots" something they've been trying with the last three albums? If this is a different kind of "back to roots," I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

They could be trying to pursue a more humble (less bombastic) route given Bono's behavior at last year's Clinton concert - if that is any indication of how he felt coming off the tour, but I highly doubt U2 are capable of pulling that off even once. But they do want to do something new, and I think they will, but there is no proof of that.

As for the article itself, meh. Nothing to see here. What are these "strong rumors" the article mentions?

"Back to roots"... that's one of the most frightening things I can imagine hearing at this point.

Loosely translates as "more chimey echoey Edge riffs coz we're out of ideas, folks". I'm hoping this article is bs, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they have returned to their AttyClub mentality.

ahh the only thing worth taking from that article is the fact that the seem to be recording..

for all we know, "roots" could be referring to country-bluegrass style music.

omg that site! it's incredible! i feel like i've entered some kind of parallel universe! :D

Back
Top Bottom