U23D setlist party from Sundance?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New blogs up :

http://blog.u23dmovie.com/blog/2008/01/its-a-production.html

http://blog.u23dmovie.com/blog/2008/01/eye-spy-sundance.html

SUNDANCElt.jpg

SUNDANCEseat.jpg

Who's seating where? :wink:

Last edited:
the latest from the zoo (u2.com):

the boys are there!! :drool:

Sorry Folks for the late update, but I was at work...

So anyway...Videoqueen, Renee1 and a friend are all at Park City. The bad news...they did not get tickets.

The good news...They have met Colin Farrel, John Sampson(if you don't know who he is...for shame :p) and finally...they did meet the band. All four of them. Jen got a smile from Larry...and here is the best part...one of their Banner Books...was signed...by all 4!!!!

And when Bono asked if they were seeing the movie, Jen told him that they didn't get tickets..and he said, "That's a damned shame!"

:hyper:

From @U2:

@U2 reader Tony C. reports that 500 people are already in line, but only about 100 will be lucky enough to get into one of the two screenings. U2 is supposed to do a Q & A at the 9:45 show and introduce the midnight screening. There are rumors of U2 performing around 1:00 a.m.

Super Yo said:
From @U2:

@U2 reader Tony C. reports that 500 people are already in line, but only about 100 will be lucky enough to get into one of the two screenings. U2 is supposed to do a Q & A at the 9:45 show and introduce the midnight screening. There are rumors of U2 performing around 1:00 a.m.

it would have to be later.. say 1:30am being that the second show starts at midnight.. if they do perform..

I filmed the pre- and post-show comments from the lads, will edit and post the DVD at www.U2torrents.com when I get back.

The Sundance volunteers completely fucked up our U23D line outside, so only 90 normal people (ie. U2 fans, not Hollywood industry types) were allowed into the first show.

The volunteers didn't bother to do a proper seat count, either, so there were loads of empty seats up in the balcony where we sat.

We completely rocked out during the film, singing along, cheering and clapping after each number. Everyone else around us sat there like trees flapping in the wind, however. I expect a better crowd at the IMAX screenings coming up.

The 3D effect is like nothing I've ever seen. It took me awhile to get used to it, I couldn't "see" it for the first few minutes. Unlike everyone else who's already seen the movie, I didn't like how they did "The Fly", a bit too gimicky for me. I much preferred "Streets" (awesome flags curtains and crowd shots and Larry hitting the cymbals at the end) and LAPOE.

The Sundance people didn't have enough 3D glasses for both showings, so they made us give up our glasses at the end of the first show so the next 1250 people at the midnight screening could re-use them. A bit cheap, maybe, but I guess it made Al Gore happy.

The Eccles Theater has a normal-sized screen, and the effect still quite amazing. Can't wait to see the IMAX version back home this Wednesday.

Last edited:
4U2Play said:
I filmed the pre- and post-show comments from the lads, will edit and post the DVD at www.U2torrents.com when I get back.

The Sundance volunteers completely fucked up our U23D line outside, so only 25 normal people (ie. U2 fans, not Hollywood industry types) were allowed into the first show.

The volunteers didn't bother to do a proper seat count, either, so there were loads of empty seats up in the balcony where we sat.

We completely rocked out during the film, singing along, cheering and clapping after each number. Everyone else around us sat there like trees flapping in the wind, however. I expect a better crowd at the IMAX screenings coming up.

The 3D effect is like nothing I've ever seen. It took me awhile to get used to it, I couldn't "see" it for the first few minutes. Unlike everyone else who's already seen the movie, I didn't like how they did "The Fly", a bit too gimicky for me. I much preferred "Streets" (awesome flags curtains and crowd shots and Larry hitting the cymbals at the end) and LAPOE.

The Sundance people didn't have enough 3D glasses for both showings, so they made us give up our glasses at the end of the first show so the next 1250 people at the midnight screening could re-use them. A bit cheap, maybe, but I guess it made Al Gore happy.

The Eccles Theater has a normal-sized screen, and the effect still quite amazing. Can't wait to see the IMAX version back home this Wednesday.

sounds great! Glad to hear you got in. :huh: that they didn't have enough glasses... jeez... Look forward to the torrent when you get back into town.. Enjoy ur stay...

The U23D line was completely messed up...but they let in more than 25 people. We were 79 and 80 and got in. And we got in the first row. :D

We were outside as U2 arrived, I shook Bono and Adam's hand! :D I have pics and videos, I will post them soon...

If they performed at all, I missed it. :(

so cool you got to shake their hands! And look forward to the pics and vids when you get them up..

I don't think they performed last nite tho.. I heard that they did a private gig on thursday nite at a restaurant in town somewhere. Not confirmed tho just rumor at this point.

4U2Play, great to hear you got in and enjoyed the film. Could you put up some of your stuff on You Tube as well?

WolfQ, congrats for meeting B & A and getting into first row. Where were the boys sitting? From the photos I've seen it looks like they were somewhere in the middle. Is first row ok for the 3D effects?

Sorry to hear it was badly organized. There shouldn't be any empty seats at a premiere, really.

wolf Q said:
The U23D line was completely messed up...but they let in more than 25 people. We were 79 and 80 and got in.

That's good to hear, glad you got in, too. The 25th person in line told us he was the last one allowed in, but I guess in all the excitement, he didn't notice the people behind him. How did you get front row? Did a staffer ask you to fill the seats?

Yeah they just told us to go to the right front, and there were open seats, so we took the front row. Yep the 3D effects were great from the front row, no problems. U2 probably about 1/3 of the way back on the bottom, at least that's how it looked from my vantage point.

Pictures! Sorry the quality is not that good, I actually have some really good cameras which would have taken some kick ass photos.....but I didn't know if cameras were allowed and we were parked clear back in Deer Valley so its not like I could have just ran it back to the car. :( Anyway, so here's the pictures from my crappy little camera.
sundance21.jpg

sundance20.jpg

Shortly after that photo was taken I was shaking his hand! :D
sundance19.jpg

sundance18.jpg

sundance17.jpg

The theater. I wasn't that far away when they came in but everyone stood up so I wasn't able to get any pictures.
sundance25.jpg

Introducing the film
sundance28.jpg

sundance29.jpg

Videos!
Introducing the film

Q & A after the film

More Q & A

The reply to a Beatles comment...I missed that on video...and Bono's 'Fuck Off' haha

Awesome to hear you got in!

Thanks for posting your great pictures and videos, wolf Q!

And I'm looking forward to seeing yours, Nick.

Back
Top Bottom