U2 songs you liked and then started to hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, you hate Bad now? Aww. :(

For me, it's probably Elevation. The *first* time I heard that song after I'd picked up ATYCLB, I liked it okay... Then it eventually turned into my least favorite U2 song ever. The music video definitely didn't help things, either. LOL Other than Elevation, I really can't think of any others.

Uhhh ... none. The opposite has happened quite a few times, though.

:ohmy: how can you hate bad??

I don't quite like with or without you or still haven't found what i'm looking for as much, but I certainly don't hate them

I don't like it either. It's one of the best live, but i have to force myself to hear it. I heard it last in december.

Crumbs From Your Table makes me feel sick these days - i hate those 'oooohhh' backing vocals - a decent chorus demanding a better song and a bit more tempo.

Pride, I liked it for a short while but now it just sounds so ott and boring, particularly live.

I think thats about it, maybe All Because of You, but i think i'm just going through a phrase of not liking it.

yeah i have to go with bad and elevation as well. with or without you is the opposite though...i used to hate it and now i love it. gotta listen to it on a decent system though for me to appreciate its beauty.

I think the songs you like, and songs you dislike depends on the time, your choices will prolly change with time. Your first choice ten years ago, may not be your number one now, but then in the future it may go back to number one. It's strange though, when i first hear songs, i love them to death, and listen to them over and over again, b/c i just can't get enough of them, but then it gets to a point where the songs becomes worn out, but not forever, give it a break, and then try givin it a listen again, you'll prolly change your mind. Anyone think so as well?

Not really, I guess... Well, there's Babyface. I thought it was a cool sounding song the first time I heard it, but I can't stand it now.

Oh, and I've always hated Miami. :wink: The only thing that saves the song is Adam.

I don't hate it, but I skip over One pretty often because I hear it too much everywhere else. :reject:

Although I haven't heard it in a while... *pops in CD*

I've gone off With or Without You, Walk On and One despite having loved them all at one point. I just overplayed them, so i've been on an extended hiatus.

In most cases, i've ended up loving the songs I used to be pretty impartial to. All U2 grows on me at some point, even if I can't stand it initially.

Mofo comes to mind right now as a song that has depreciated in value to me over the years. I used to think that it was U2's most impressive song of the '90's because they copped a new style (Prodigy like stuff) and made it their own. Nowadays, I think the production choices overemphasize 'loud' and 'muscular'. The live renditions of the song didn't help matters because I think Edge's live guitar work on the song are the most stereotypical of himself he's ever sounded.

There aren't any songs I hate, but did get tired of because the radio played them over and over.

Walk On
Stuck in a Moment
Pride

NewYorkGirl2316 said:
I think the songs you like, and songs you dislike depends on the time, your choices will prolly change with time. Your first choice ten years ago, may not be your number one now, but then in the future it may go back to number one. It's strange though, when i first hear songs, i love them to death, and listen to them over and over again, b/c i just can't get enough of them, but then it gets to a point where the songs becomes worn out, but not forever, give it a break, and then try givin it a listen again, you'll prolly change your mind. Anyone think so as well?

I agree. There are songs that I get tired of every now and then like Pride or... it could be anything really. But I don't think I hate any. My least favorite of U2's career would probably be Stuck, Wild Honey, In a Little While and Grace.

I actually never really liked their early work, but now I love basically every early U2 song Pre-JT, except Red Light, Another Time, Another Place, and With a Shout
they just plain suck

Pearl said:
There aren't any songs I hate, but did get tired of because the radio played them over and over.

Walk On
Stuck in a Moment
Pride

Walk On, on the radio? Wow. I never heard it on the radio back in 2000-2002, and that's when I actually listened to the radio a lot.

oh, actually, I thought of a few:

1) Two Hearts Beat As One. I don't hate it, but I don't like it very much

2) Some Days Are Better Than Others - does nothing for me.. lyrics are bad, ruins the flow of what is otherwise an incredible album

3) One Step Closer - see above

to brighten the mood, songs I love and will never not love: Please, Lemon :)

For me, it's probably Elevation. The *first* time I heard that song after I'd picked up ATYCLB, I liked it okay... Then it eventually turned into my least favorite U2 song ever. The music video definitely didn't help things, either. LOL Other than Elevation, I really can't think of any others.

This is exactly how I feel.

there's only 2 song's, and there lyrics kill them
Big girls are best
Elevation

Scarlet- is one of the best songs ever written by U2
ISHFWILF- Is one of U2's most brilliant lyrics, and I dont know how you can get sick of it, although I never liked the live version

Back
Top Bottom