U2.com announcement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
I just got an email that said there would be an exciting announcement made on Friday on U2.com. What do you think that will be? U2 superbowl confirmation? Next single? Announcement that Elvis truly is alive?

Yeah, well.

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

STING:Some dark-haired girl in a camo hat chloroformed me and Bruce Springsteen and put us in these big jars in the basement.~Echo~

Originally posted by tiny dancer:
Could be they are going back into the studio to record a new album?

Do you think they'd make an announcement about that? I imagine tomorrow's announcement is simply that they will be performing at the Super Bowl. Little do they know we *all* already know.

biggrin.gif
Gina is my hero, even more than Enrique Iglesias is. Lol *creepy Enrique*

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege, 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

"I said I believed in standing, and in leaving your life for rock and roll, and in television, and in origins..."

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

Someone should have started a thread where we can all post what this "announcement" might be, using imagination of course, since in the email it is written in a way that makes it sound pretty amazing, whatever it is.

Maybe it is Larry and Edge are Ireland's entry for the Winter Olympics in ski jumping or something (where is Eddie the Eagle by the way).

Originally posted by U2live:
(where is Eddie the Eagle by the way).

do you wanna know a secret?
the edge is eddie the eagle.

------------------
bottom line: U2 rules.

Oki, superbowl might be big in US but it's not very "exciting announcement" for the rest of the world, that U2 will perform. So I doubt it will be what they announce. At least all I know would be more disappointed then excited if it's "only" that they will announce. And they said it in the same breath as they mentioned the last concert in Miami so I get the feeling it has somethng to do with touring.

And according to what was on the regular news on TV here in Sweden the other day. The stadium in Gothenburg is booked for U2 the 23rd of july next summer. And it's up on entertainmentsites here when you look at schedule for next year, and in the newspaper. I'm pretty sure they have a secure source about these kind of things before they go and tells it on the news.

So, I think I put my vote on what the "exciting announcement" will be a continued tour OR about an album.
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Back
Top Bottom