U2 & Film

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phommel

Refugee
I was wondering which films contain U2 music in it. I know about 'Million dollar hotel' and that Scorsese film...and other Wim Wenders films and Three Kings.

Does anyone know other movies? I forgot which film it was that contains 'All I want is you'......

I saw one film... Tomy Lee Jones plas there. His character was drunk and sings I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For very loudly. And then a few minutes later there was With Or Without You played...
Sorry, I forgot the name of that movie.

Zoo Station is used in "About a Boy".
HMTMKMKM is from "Batman Forever".

I know there are more. I heard one just the other day, but I can't think of it.

'Everlasting Love' is used in 'Veronica Guerin' and 'Forces of Nature'. And 'Bloody Sunday' ends with... you'd never guess: 'Sunday Bloody Sunday'! ISHFWILF was used in 'Runaway Bride', 'If God Will Send His Angels' in 'City Of Angels', 'One' in 'The Family Man'. The earliest are in films from 1982 (yes!!!). Instrumental version of October in 'They Call It An Accident' and 'I Will Follow' in 'The Last American Virgin'.

Okay, there weren't any U2 songs, but in the film "The Girl Next Door" (which was a surprisingly GOOD movie!), the main character (*not* the girl next door, but the teenage boy that lives next to her) has quite a few U2 posters in his room. There were a few "Elevation" concert posters, as well as a U2 album poster (which really stood out in one scene). heh, I thought that was pretty cool :D

just watched intermission last night - opens and closes with Out Of Control
very cool

Taking Lives opens with BAD. Hands that built America was in Gangs of New York. In Mrs. Doubtfire there is a U2 poster in the girls room right before they find out she is their dad. I can't think of any others but I know there are many.

youtwohearts said:
In Mrs. Doubtfire there is a U2 poster in the girls room right before they find out she is their dad.

Hehe, I went and checked it out.

doubtfire.jpg

:up:

there is this film, Entropy, which is about a filmmaker that makes videos for U2... Bono and Larry are in, playing themselves, and we see some clips from Popmart. Bad movie... made by Phil Joanou who directed Rattle And Hum, so you can see why U2 were in it.

radioskugga said:
there is this film, Entropy, which is about a filmmaker that makes videos for U2... Bono and Larry are in, playing themselves, and we see some clips from Popmart. Bad movie... made by Phil Joanou who directed Rattle And Hum, so you can see why U2 were in it.

i was at that concert! filmed in Cape Town.
it was weird cause stephen dorff was wandering around and footage from teh film was beign played on the big screens while bono talked to "jake" on stage (Dorffs character from the film).

it sadly is a bit of a bad film but means a lot to me though as i am the very proud owner of the actual black hooded top bono is wearing in the beginning of the movie when he's on stage!
i spend hours watching it on screen, then staring at it on my wall going "ooooooooooohhhhhhhhh, wow!" :D:

Cool! i was wondering if that was a real crowd there infront of the stage or if it was just a trickshot... Strange thing to show those pictures during the concert... Was the audience aware of that it was for a movie?

nope

about 3 years later i got Entropy out on video and me and my sister were both like "oh now that makes sense"

it was more the presence of Stephen Dorff running around and then imagery of him on the screen that confused us but we'd never been to a U2 convert before so they could have put home footage of my own mother on the screen and i wouldnt have known any better! :lol:

starsgoblue said:
Without Or Without You is played in a Friend's episode....Ross dedicates it to Rachel over the radio when they broke up (the first time)

Wasn't it also played in the background when they first kiss at Central Perk?

Or am I totally making that up?

Lucy3011 said:

Wasn't it also played in the background when they first kiss at Central Perk?

Or am I totally making that up?

I don't think so...but I could be wrong. I know they do play at the breakup and the song is used SOOOOO good there. With the window, the phone, and the rain! Love it!

Umm, can't remember which one, from Passengers in "Ghost In The Shell"

Two U2 songs take their names from Wim Wenders movies, "Stay (Faraway, So Close!)" & "Until The End Of The World".

And another Passengers song in "Heat" (DeNiro/Pacino etc)

Back
Top Bottom