U2 Album Cover Survivor: Round 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF one of the following album covers:

• War

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Under A Blood Red Sky

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • The Joshua Tree (LP Version)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rattle and Hum

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Pop

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Best of 80-90

• All That You Can't Leave Behind

• Best of 90-00

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
zooropa got the boot this time with seven votes. close behind in second was achtung baby with six.

keep voting guys! we're averaging ~35 votes a round, which is great but we can do better!

Heh, I'm doing what another person mentioned earlier....save your vote until the end when it means something.....my votes seem to always go for something that nobody else votes for....so I might as well wait a bit and be the swing vote.

Also changed my vote to Achtung. The Joshua Tree may come another time, but I have to protect the War, UABRS and Best Of's covers.
Sad to see Zooropa go BTW.

Yes, very sad to see Zooropa go. I'm again going to hold back on voting for now to protect the goodness that is UABRS. If I don't make it in time to post a vote and a tiebreak is required between UABRS and something else, please cast a vote for me for the something else.

Why is anyone sad to see Zooropa go? It looked like a dumb little kid drew it with half melted broken off crayons.

It's gone WHOO-HOO! :dance: Thank you!

Zooropa was bright, had a great logo (it's quite difficult to make something look like a dumb little kid drew it with half melted broken off crayons :tongue: ) and enough secret messages to have the die-hard fans keep on studying it.
It perfectly represented what U2 and their music was like in 1993.

BTW, it seems as if my defensive voting to keep UABRS on board will have consequences for the buffaloes of The Best Of 1990-2000. :sad:

C ya!

Marty

Ah, yes, Pop has a chance of leaving. I know where my vote has gone. Will someone else please vote for it in order to protect the buffalo?

the 'crayon baby' is one of the Berlin wall grafitti's,so it's definitely not dumb,IMO it's a great cover,actually their best.

Actually, the crayon baby was painted on the "U2 wall" at Windmill Lane specifically for the photo shoot. It apparently lasted two days before somebody put their graffiti over it. Oh, should he or she have know what it signified!

BigMacPhisto said:
Ah, yes, Pop has a chance of leaving. I know where my vote has gone. Will someone else please vote for it in order to protect the buffalo?

I just did. I really hated doing that because it's one of my favourite covers, but I'm defending the buffaloes (as it looks like UABRS might not need defending in this round). Anyway, if you exclude Achtung from the equation, I'm getting to the point where I don't know what to vote for (besides protecting UABRS) because they're all good.

AAcckk! Zooropa is great, not the best, but great nonetheless.

ATYCLB, 100% crap, booooring.
It must go.

we're doing pretty good this time! 31 votes and only one day into voting.

as usual, i'm going to keep the polls open for one more day, so those of you 13th hour voters know when i'm closing it. i find one day's not enough, but i do like to keep a certain pattern so i find two days is good (plus sometimes i just don't have time to come make a new poll every night).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom