This DVD is The S**t!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GOT MINE AT BEST BUY THIS MORNING. NOW, MY ONLY PROBLEM IS I HAVE TO SAVE UP TO GET A DVD PLAVER! THEY SHOWED ME THE FREE 3-SONG CD THEY GIVE YOU IF YOU WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY TO BUY THE DVD. I DECIDED TO GO AHEAD AND GET IT TODAY BECAUSE THE SAME THREE SONGS (LIVE-BOSTON) ARE ON THE DVD, AND I WASN'T SURE IF THEY WOULD HAVE ANY DVD'S LEFT ON FRIDAY.

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
blarg!

* runs to best buy hoping they have it on video.

Good luck with that, Sicy... http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum1/HTML/015718.html
mad.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by U2Commie:
At my local Best Buy, the free 3 track CD was placed next to the DVDs.. so, I assumed you had to buy the DVD to get the CD, but I asked at the register and was told that they were for anyone who wanted them, no purchase required... So I went back and grabbed 3 more for some friends.

Hello U2Commie (or somebody else),

Can someone please pick up this CD for me? I live in Europe and here we don't get that 3-track CD. And I want it badly!
I'd be very happy to trade it for an European single (Walk On and I think I can still find Beautiful Day, Stuck... or Elevation (incl. tour edition)) or for live recordings I have.

So if someone is so kind to pick one up for me, please email me at popmartijn@hotmail.com so we can arrange something.

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Now that most of you have the DVD......

Can anyone who has the DVD confirm one small thing for me....its important.....Im partially deaf and would like to know if the DVD has the subtitle facility on it or not.....You see Rattle & Hum DVD has subtitles on it so Im wondering if its going to be the same thing on the new U2Elevation DVD?

Thanks to anyone who can help....

cheers my dears!

dougal

Originally posted by dougal55:
Now that most of you have the DVD......

Can anyone who has the DVD confirm one small thing for me....its important.....Im partially deaf and would like to know if the DVD has the subtitle facility on it or not.....You see Rattle & Hum DVD has subtitles on it so Im wondering if its going to be the same thing on the new U2Elevation DVD?

Thanks to anyone who can help....

cheers my dears!

dougal

I'm playing it on my Sony Playstation and I couldn't bring up subtitles. That sucks.

Kennedy

What?s going on in the beginning of "Sunday Bloody Sunday"? Looks like someone is throwing something (a cup of water?) at Bono who doesn?t look too glad about it, hehe.

I must say I like it until I get to the point in the show that ONE should be played. It really sucks that ONE is not on this DVD. U2 should have found a way to get it on. I must also say sorry Boston that this was not the best show I have seen. Bono is really having to work in my opinion and the shows that I went to 6 in all he didn't have to. U2 made a mistake only picking Boston to record. You can disagree but with the money U2 makes they should have recorded several venues and picket the best. They limmited themselves by only recording Boston. Burn me if you want but that is my opinion.

[This message has been edited by U2Byrd (edited 11-21-2001).]

Tasty update on the Best Buy freebie CD for those of us who don't have it yet, from Video Business via youtwo.net

November 21, 2001
From Video Business:

Best Buy has the edge on U2 DVD
By Jennifer Netherby

NOV. 20 | While other retailers have to wait for a Dec. 4 street date,
Best Buy, through an exclusive deal with Interscope Records, released
the Elevation 2001: U2 Live From Boston DVD on Tuesday, in time for
the busy Thanksgiving shopping weekend.

Best Buy's sponsorship of the second leg of U2's Elevation Tour, which
ran Oct. 10 through Monday, led to the promotion allowing the chain to
sell the DVD two weeks before any other retailer, a Best Buy
spokeswoman said. This is the first deal of its kind for Best Buy, she
added.

The DVD, selling for $17.99, is only available in advance in Best Buy
stores, not in Best Buy-owned stores such as Musicland, Sam Goody or
Suncoast. An Interscope Records spokesman did not immediately return
calls.

A VSDA spokeswoman said the organization couldn't comment on Best
Buy's deal because it didn't have details but said it has a longstanding
policy against exclusive release deals.

To promote the DVD release, Best Buy will give away an exclusive U2
sampler CD to the first 500 customers on Saturday. The sampler includes
hits "Beautiful Day" and "I Will Follow" as well as previously unreleased
live tracks from the DVD. Best Buy also will sell the reissue of U2's Best
of 1980-1990 double CD.

Best Buy also is promoting Friday's VH1 broadcast of Elevation 2001:
U2 Live From Boston and DirecTV's commercial-free airing of the show
during December.

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 11-21-2001).]

Originally posted by U2Bama:
Tasty update on the Best Buy freebie CD for those of us who don't have it yet, from Video Business via youtwo.net

Maybe it will be One from a post 9-11 show. That's my bet.

Kennedy

Originally posted by U2Bama:

Daddy likes how we aren't censored when we write u2log.com and youtwo.net.

Daddy

"Daddy:"

For awhile, we were censored when we wrote "youtwo.net," as it printed ******.net after we posted. Political pressure effected change, fortunately. I felt like someone wanting to fly a kite in Taliban-ruled Afghanistan.

~U2Alabama

To all of you people who bought a DVD:

CONGRATULATIONS! And welcome to the 21st century!
wink.gif
If this U2 DVD finally got you to buy a DVD player, then, as far as I'm concerned, that's a GOOD thing!

I'm serious - I *love* my DVD player (yes, I just might marry it
biggrin.gif
). Once you start watching DVD's, you can't - nay, you WON'T go back to VHS. The sound, the picture, the extras and the convenience all make DVD so much better.

My only recommendation is that if you start buying movies on DVD, do NOT buy any film that has no serious extras. For example, the DVD for "Spy Kids" doesn't have any extras. Ignore it. In another 6 months or so, they'll probably release another version of that film, loaded with extras.

Now that you have a DVD player, be sure to check out the other U2 DVD's - namely "Rattle & Hum" and "Making of JT." As for movies, films like "The Mummy" (and "The Mummy Returns"), "Fight Club," "Boogie Nights," "Men in Black," "Jurassic Park" and "Phantom Menace" are good spots to start. Each of these DVD's is loaded with extras.

Is there no clips from Slane??? The bastards!!!
Ahb well, hope this baby is out here on Friday! Otherwise I'm gonna be mightily pissed!

I just went out and bought a dvd player. lol.

Yay!! Awesome video.. but am I the only one that finds the color a little tweeked? Like too red at some parts.

That girl was so lucky omg.. With or Without You.

------------------
Holy Dunc Spacejunk Coming In For The Splash

Sicy's Photo Albums

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:

That girl was so lucky omg.. With or Without You.

jealous?!(You think she bought the DVD? lol )

------------------
Nate

"Ready for the shuffle
Ready for the deal
Ready to let go of the steering wheel
I'm ready
Ready for the crush"

-Zoo Station

Streets is same as NBA streets they just don't show the ball!

I know, cuz I watched the NBA one so manytimes I know his every move.

It's still amazing, this DVD is the next level, you getto hear "thanks fo a gret life" but no one!

Still,amazing. I bought 3..
smile.gif

Ok so today I went and watched my DVD again, I'm really loving the 'Another Perspective' part on disc 2, you can see Dallas working underneath the stage and I think I saw him 'duck for cover' when The Edge sent his guitar flying in his direction.
biggrin.gif
I love this DVD!

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"You changed me--and I thank you for that." -Bono 11/5/01

WWJND?

Back
Top Bottom