The 'I don't seem to like the new album' thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You really need to get a life :wave:

Oh.. he needs to get a life because he finds something objectionable about a piece of music and is explaining it articulately? It seems like you are the person who needs to get a life and stay out of threads you don't agree with. :wave:

Here is a dumb hypothetical question:

If for some strange reason a single U2 album was going to outlawed and you could never hear the songs again, how many of you would say that you would be uspet if it was No Line On The Horizon?

Answer honestly!
:lol::lol::lol:

He does make a point - the Edge's guitar tone in "Magnificent", "Unknown Caller", "Crazy Tonight", "Stand Up Comedy", and "Breathe" are the standard sounds we've come to expect from his arsenal.

I have a clue because i hear him, i know who is who when i listen to this thing. Im familiar enough with U2s work to know whats going on when i listen in. Lanois' mark is clear as day to me. And eno just needs to stop. These two are the reason Edge is buried in the background and its ridiculous because i know they didnt even need them to begin with.

No. You think you know. You have no clue if the other guys were asking for more Eno or less Eno, how much writing Lanois was doing or if he was just providing back up, you weren't there in the creative process...

This is called SPECULATION.

Indeed, this thread needs to be locked and restarted.

Haha if it's restarted, then yes I agree with you. But simply locking it would send the signal that negative opinions are not allowed in this part of the forum. And frankly, I sometimes wonder if that is true.

He does make a point - the Edge's guitar tone in "Magnificent", "Unknown Caller", "Crazy Tonight", "Stand Up Comedy", and "Breathe" are the standard sounds we've come to expect from his arsenal.

I was hoping to hear crazy stuff like Lemon and Numb. Different sounds that he has not used before. Lets be honest, The Edge has never been known for being a great technical player, but he used to pull out crazy sounds and make it work. That element is missing from this album. The same could be argued with the last two as well.

Ok lets please move on, let the bitchers bitch. There are plenty of positive threads available for the lovers to go post in.

Yes, but if his point is just to troll, then he really shouldn't be here. That's all I'm saying. I think we can all agree on that...

I'm talking about the music and you're still harping on who's a troll and who isn't.

Anyone else notice this? Just throwing it out there.

And frankly, I sometimes wonder if that is true.

Oh, please :rolleyes:

No one is suggesting that this thread get closed because it's critical. That has never been the case here and you know it...

Like I said earlier it all comes down to the approach, that goes with anything in here.

Anyone else find the samples in Cedars Of Lebanon pointless? Did they really add anything? I find it distracting.

For some reason, the more I listen to it, minus the familiararity of the Edges guitar in parts....would anyone mistake this for a Bono solo?

Here is a dumb hypothetical question:

If for some strange reason a single U2 album was going to outlawed and you could never hear the songs again, how many of you would say that you would be uspet if it was No Line On The Horizon?

Answer honestly!
:lol::lol::lol:

Look, you don't like the album. That's fine. But you are really sounding like you truly believe that you are right and the 95% that love it are wrong.

To answer your question, I would choose October, or Passengers if that counts. I would also rather have the previous 2 albums outlawed long before the new one.

I'm talking about the music and you're still harping on who's a troll and who isn't.

Anyone else notice this? Just throwing it out there.

I was answering a post(something you should learn to do)

^^^ So what's your excuse for this post?

And I don't have to throw anything out there, everyone pretty much knows your agenda.

It's cool to be fired up either way, but be cool about it. if you hate a song don't just say it sucks, or the newbs are retards. Give it some thought and post them in detail otherwise this place sounds like a bunch of teenagers with no vocab loving or hating the new britney spears single.

Not quite distracting, but I thought they were out of the blue, but I haven't really sat down enough to figure out exactly what they are and if they fit...

I'm listening to it again right now. It sounds like Wyclef or something. Is this one of the tracks that Will.I.Am worked on?

It has a Ground Beneath Her Feet vide as well. Some of the atmoshperic guitars.

Totally agree mate, the first thing that struck me was the lack of a stand out song like Beautiful Day. There's just no spark to the album, it's very subdued to my hearing.

What I find interesting about this comment is that U2 have made albums like this in the past. And it's because of those albums that bands like Radiohead and, especially Coldplay exist. Coldplay makes nothing but albums like this - and those albums even lack a fun rocker like GOYB. Yet, those albums sell tons and Radiohead and Coldplay fans are very happy.

I wonder if the newer generation of U2 fans forget some of the older U2 music. When JT was first reviewed, no one predicted it to break out - some even questioned if there was a hit song on the album! NLOTH is definitely written in this vein, but with a modern twist. There are definite elements of late 90's and 00's U2.

Back
Top Bottom