The Heartland appreciation thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Because Aardvark747 and I drool all over this song whenever it comes up in the U2 Name Game, I figured it's about time Heartland had its own thread.

Allow me to sum up Heartland: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Discuss!

Beautiful poetic lyrics
Beautiful epic sounding music
Beautiful vocal performence

The greatest song that exists and will ever exist for me, in my lifetime.

HERE'S TO HEARTLAND!!:rockon: :dancing: :applaud: :applaud:

:drool:

Aardvark747 said:
Beautiful poetic lyrics
Beautiful epic sounding music
Beautiful vocal performence

The greatest song that exists and will ever exist for me, in my lifetime.

HERE'S TO HEARTLAND!!:rockon: :dancing: :applaud: :applaud:

:up: :yes:

Some of Bono's best lyrics, and that singing is incredible. The music is just so beautiful, creating mental landscapes with sound. Oh, it is a masterpiece, an overlooked gem.

For me, only a few songs are better:

1. Streets
2. Bad
3. UF
4. One Tree Hill
5. COBL
6. Heartland

And some days I want to move Heartland further up. It is beyond sensational.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Do it Edge do it..........................unrelated to anything but hey HEARTLAND:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Aardvark747 said:

:up:
DO IT DO IT!!!:wink:

But those other songs are so bloody sensational too! Maybe I'll just make them all equal first.

I'm listening to Heartland loud right now and this song has to be one of the best pieces of music I have ever heard in my life. WHY was this gem not on the Best Of? It's abso-bloody-lutely incredible!

I'm listening to it now, it really is great:combust: :combust: :combust: :rockon: :rockon:

The lyrics are transcendant of time and place while describing a place, genius

Aardvark747 said:

Let's just say, it was the best song they produced, post JT (Streets) and Pre AB (One) ?:wink:

I've said many times on this forum that COBL is the best song made since Heartland. Yes, I think Heartland is better than anything U2 made in the nineties. Though I think Heartland wipes the floor with just about anything anyone could make.

ZeroDude said:
I'm listening to it now, it really is great:combust: :combust: :combust: :rockon: :rockon:

The lyrics are transcendant of time and place while describing a place, genius

Heartland is most certainly one of Bono's lyrical peaks.

I'm repeating Heartland right now and turning the volume up louder each time. That final "heeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaart" is just incredible!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

i'm with you heartland supporters.

it's a song that feels like a painting of a landscape. so beautiful.

:wink:
That's ok then! I mentioned 'One' cos I just thought, a lot of others might disagree that 'Heartland' was better than 'One'....But sod it!! That's my opinion, and I love it!!:drool:

Aardvark747 said:
That's ok then! I mentioned 'One' cos I just thought, a lot of others might disagree that 'Heartland' was better than 'One'....But sod it!! That's my opinion, and I love it!!:drool:

One actually doesn't rank all that high with me. I know a lot of people love it, and it definitely does something for me, but a lot of U2 songs do even more.

You want to know what's really beautiful? Following Heartland with Bass Trap. Try it. It's truly marvellous. Just adds to the incredible landscape; continues the painting, if you will.

Aardvark747 said:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

That's the best moment for me! When my house or shop is empty, I try to perfect that vocal as best I can!:wink:

I was belting it out loudly before, probably disturbed and/or amused the whole house.

Now imagine if Bono had sung that live ... :drool:

Heartland is absolutely beautiful. I could listen to the last twenty seconds on a repeating loop all day. And the vocal and lyric are amazing. Definitely one of the highlights of Rattle and Hum (both the album and the movie.)

Aardvark747 said:
....I just let loose then! Luckily, no1 was in the shop - but the Tax Office next door might complain in a minute!!:ohmy:

My lungs no longer like me. Maybe I should learn how to sing properly so that I do that "heeeeeaaaaaaart" properly? And the Tax Office deserves to be disturbed! :wink:

I have the most awesome playlist right now.

Heartland, Bass Trap, Drowning Man, The First Time, The Three Sunrises, City Of Blinding Lights.

Except I keep skipping back to HEEEEEEAAAAAAAAARRTLAAAAAAAAND! :drool: :drool: :drool:

miss becky said:
Heartland is absolutely beautiful. I could listen to the last twenty seconds on a repeating loop all day. And the vocal and lyric are amazing. Definitely one of the highlights of Rattle and Hum (both the album and the movie.)

Heartland alone makes me give Rattle And Hum, the album, 10/10. And the movie 17/10.

I can't play this song loud enough.

The movie didn't deserve the bashing that it received, also the album actually is wonderful of course alot of this is down to........................

Heartland is a powerful song.

I also love how Bono inserted some Heartland lyrics at the intro of streets on my Melbourne bootleg.

Two great songs joined together:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom