The Edge's Least Rock Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
October! One Step Closer! Grace! Running To Stand Still!

Don't get me wrong, I like all four of those songs (especially RTSS), but they aren't too rockin by the Edgicle

Edgicle :cute: ...Edgicle :evil:

Peace on Earth, Love Rescue Me, Miss Sarejevo... good songs (well. Sort of. Mostly Miss Sarejevo), not too rock. Neither is One Minute Warning. Don't know quite what to call that.

I'm assuming you mean songs that the edge is great on that aren't really rockin', right?

I guess

Love is Blindness
Peace on Earth
City of Blinding Lights***LOVE that slide intro
:drool:
probably wake up dead man too

OF THE MYSTERIOUS DISTAAAANCE!

BETWEEN A MAN AAAAAAAND A WOOOOMAAAAAAAN!

Neon Lights the Kraftwerk cover is pretty non-rocking...still brilliant though:drool:

This one is a no-brainer. For me, the hands down winner of the "least rock moment" is:

Edge's cover performance of "Daydream Believer" (by the Monkees) on the PopMart Tour. Remember the "follow the bouncing red ball" across the video screen? I know it was in the context of the whole pop culture irony thing, but man it was a show-stopper (and not in a good way). I still wince when I hear that. I think Bono even used to introduce Edge on the song sarcastically saying, "I think it's time to rock!".

Otherwise, long live PopMart.

Dare I bring up 'Dancing Queen' Popmart karaoke?? :lol: At least the Monkees were close to a rock group, albeit a 60's bubblegum poprock group, but covering Abba???? Pretty damn balls-y but not very rock and roll if you ask me (did I just quote Bono circa Zoo TV :wink: )

Knuckle said:
This one is a no-brainer. For me, the hands down winner of the "least rock moment" is:

Edge's cover performance of "Daydream Believer" (by the Monkees) on the PopMart Tour. Remember the "follow the bouncing red ball" across the video screen? I know it was in the context of the whole pop culture irony thing, but man it was a show-stopper (and not in a good way). I still wince when I hear that. I think Bono even used to introduce Edge on the song sarcastically saying, "I think it's time to rock!".

Otherwise, long live PopMart.

yeah, that sucked.
no wonder it's not on the popmart video.

mofo82 said:
Dare I bring up 'Dancing Queen' Popmart karaoke?? :lol: At least the Monkees were close to a rock group, albeit a 60's bubblegum poprock group, but covering Abba???? Pretty damn balls-y but not very rock and roll if you ask me (did I just quote Bono circa Zoo TV :wink: )

dancing queen is actually a great melody; I only really like it via the u2 cover though.

00Kevin said:
I love Exit but the edge doesn't really do much on that song.

uhh...I beg to differ. That would go under Edge's MOST rock moments. It's one of U2's "hardest" songs. Especially live. Edge goes crazy live.

inmyplace13 said:

Don't get me wrong, I like all four of those songs (especially RTSS), but they aren't too rockin by the Edgicle

:ohmy: Edgicle:ohmy: That's some funny shit....

I said exit earlier but after further review, i've determined i was horribly horribly wrong. So i'm switching to MLK, which is also a great song.

Last edited:
It has to be the photo i saw recently with The Edge and Bono holding some lambs. Nothing rock n´roll about that.

inmyplace13 said:

...?! Where would the ROCK go in ANY of those tracks?

Re: Re: The Edge's Least Rock Moments

blahblahblah said:

...?! Where would the ROCK go in ANY of those tracks?

It wouldn't go. And that's the point. The point is His Edgeness has non-rocking moments, but I still love them.

And I did it because I saw "The Edge's Most Rock Moments" thread and I wanted to maintain a balance.

Back
Top Bottom