Song Wars!: *New Song* vs. ABOY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
ok...the 2 newest songs to be leaked, each with their own crappy 1:30 length recording (but not all have idiots shouting at each other), but which one is better?

i thought ABOY kicked major ass, but i was sort of mistaken...the new song ROCKS! sounds like AB (as i hoped/exptected) with some Boy and some new sounds mixed in...AWESOME!!!!

well, it'll really be hard to tell until i get to hear both songs in their entirety.

i must say though, that this new song did more for me.

This morning I have the same feeling when I first heard the fly back in august 1991 as a 16 yr old. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Vertigo is a great first song (if it is) on the album! This album will be awesome.

I loved ABOY, i think its awesome. But this new song is amazing, really rock n roll with Bono sounding great (from what I can hear :wink:) The part when he sings "I can feel your love..." or something is unbelievable with the rest of the band in top shape. This is great music right here, now I want to hear a 1:30 clip of "Full Metal Jacket" or "Native Son", whichever it became, the "mother of all rock n roll tunes." This time without the Spanish fellows though :huh:

New song! Agreed I love ABOY but this one has an energy to it that I have not heard in quite awhile - agreed that it has the same feeling that AB had - Need new music now
Does everone agree that when recording live U2 important NOT TO TALK
agree?

mikal said:
well, it'll really be hard to tell until i get to hear both songs in their entirety.

i must say though, that this new song did more for me.

I agree with everything you said.

did we get this new song from the same people who said they recorded "8 new songs" in france and will release them on the internet?

I think it might be the same people. ABOY's verse was good but it didnt hit me until the chorus, that was amazing when you hear the guitar and Bono yells "I AM...ALIVE..." But this new "Vertigo" sample is classic, AB sounding u2 all the way through.

yes yes yes the new tune VERTIGO is lightyears ahead of the 53sec-crap of ABOY...somebody mentioned that the sound of the new song is a mix of BOY and ACHTUNG BABY: good observation

maybe they name the new album BABY BOY....??? :sexywink:

I hope that this will explain what I feel about the two songs...

I think that ABOY compared to VERTIGO is like a b-side song compared to a single...

...and I realy think that ABOY will only be a b-side song...

It took five listens to come to like ABOY.

I leapt into the air when Bono sung "You live in a place called VERTIGO!" and as the last twenty-two seconds of 'Vertigo' finished, I declared "That is the best music I have heard in a year!"

Isn't it obvious?

Can someone post the link for ABOY...I havent heard it yet. Cheers.

(Just been out to purchase speakers for my p.c, and Vertigo sounds pretty cool. Heavy too!

I love both Vertigo and All Because of You. Still, I find something missing in both songs. I need to hear clean recordings and full versions! Vertigo is definitely better, though.

Back
Top Bottom