Something new on the horizon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, even though i am still very skeptical that this has anything to do with a new album or new songs, the "hush hush" has me at least a little curious.

just read a post on u2eastlink with very bad translation. it looks as though someone contacted Universal Spain and basically, they do have some news and information, but they've been told that they can't say anything regarding the news and information they have.

here it is below. if someone can translate this better, please do so. and if my translation is off and misleading, i apologize.

INFORMACIÓN CURIOSA - Tengo un pálpito!

Yeah, that's basically what it says.

1) "Yes, we have news and information, but we cannot divulge it just yet. We're sorry. You can continue to check the reliable websites or check back with us in about a month or so if you want.

2) He asked if this was related to the Pasadena DVD or new material and the answer was "it could be. with U2 anything is possible".

3) To end they again said "With u2 everything can happen. It's a group that always surprises us because almost always they are very secretive with everything that relates to information regarding their work. But we insist, for now we cannot say anything".

In about a month? I hope whatever it is it's shorter than that. I don't think I can speculate for another month. :huh:

I have a strong feeling it's not the dvd. Or if it is, the dvd is only part of it. I really think it's new material.

What are they thinking? "Omg, U2 are about to release a dvd, and we have to keep it on the down-low to surprise people, because they *never* release dvds, or anything. People will be shocked. Shocked, I tell you!"

No way. It's new material.

i dont think everything would be so hush hush if it was a dvd or a remaster, and we would prob know by now - something strange is going on

I have a strong feeling it's not the dvd. Or if it is, the dvd is only part of it. I really think it's new material.

What are they thinking? "Omg, U2 are about to release a dvd, and we have to keep it on the down-low to surprise people, because they *never* release dvds, or anything. People will be shocked. Shocked, I tell you!"

No way. It's new material.

i really wonder what standard policy is for Universal phone reps. are they told to be hush hush on all products? or does it depend on the musician? yeah, i agree. it seems a little odd that they'd have to be silent about a DVD, but if it's company policy that they don't talk about any products before they're officially announced, then i can see why the reps didn't give away anymore information.

i really wonder what standard policy is for Universal phone reps. are they told to be hush hush on all products? or does it depend on the musician? yeah, i agree. it seems a little odd that they'd have to be silent about a DVD, but if it's company policy that they don't talk about any products before they're officially announced, then i can see why the reps didn't give away anymore information.

News about dvds and remasters tends to get out there. I think they were specifically told to stfu about this one.

Release date should be June 1st in the States. Three days before opening night of the resuming tour? It'll shoot the record to number one on the Billboard charts and iTunes as well as sell out any remaining seats in some lacking cities

SMB

News about dvds and remasters tends to get out there. I think they were specifically told to stfu about this one.

yeah, if the people "in the know" were specifically told to be quiet on this news, then i would tend to side with the idea that it's pretty big news.

well, either way, it's starting to look like Slimongi was at worst correct on the fact that there is going to be some kind of news soon.

I really hope so,everybody will feel flat if its a DVD and re-issue!

yeah, i am a little nervous that we're all starting to get a little ahead of ourselves here. remember, before this rumor, we hadn't heard anything for 2 months and the news bits that we heard weren't exactly positive indications that a new album would come out before the tour.

Well at least there's something new.:hmm:
Imagine that it's just a dvd or remaster...
That would be a big let down.

I wouldn't mind that because I'd surely buy it immediatly.

Songs Of Ascent really pops up in a lot of expected releases of 2010 articles: on metacritic, UKMIX forum...
They'll have to give an explanation if they don't release it this year.

One good sign is that Bono hasnt been saying SOA sounds like punk rock made on venus,or Edge is on fire. Poor Edge,must be burned to a crisp!

Agreed. Why does anyone play those games when they could spend their time...um...learning to play instruments!?!??!?! :doh: The definition of lame!

Because it's a game and not like playing an instrument at all. I should know as I play both Guitar Hero and a real Guitar. I do not understand why people keep comparing the two, as one is a videogame, one is a musical instrument.

People do not play it to learn how to play a musical instrument. Most GH players don't even want that. They just want to have fun with music.

Agreed. Why does anyone play those games when they could spend their time...um...learning to play instruments!?!??!?! :doh: The definition of lame!

Because they don't want to be musicians and have to buy those instruments, and just want to have a good time?

I have to say I'm with Niceman here, I'm very much a purist. I hate when I see some kid buy Grand Theft Auto, I'm like, you're such a poser go steal your own car and beat up a real hooker.

So lame, kids these days.

Probably overanalyzing but it seems odd to me that the U2 Spain guy told the fan to come back within a month. Also strange that he went on that bit about U2's being unpredictable.

If the guy asked about the DVD release and the secret was the Rose Bowl release or even the Rose Bowl release + a remaster, why add that U2's unpredictable? To me that indicates pretty clearly that the U2 Spain guy was insinuating that something beyond the DVD will be announced within a month.
:crack:

i'm hoping they release something in a different format

bluray concert is something they havent done before
PS3 / xbox / Wii rockband release with second side being EP material?

CMX release, whatever format that will be? can it be built into the ps3/wii/xbox system?

i'm thinking they need to generate revenue through some sort of backend royalty, outside a standard DVD or CD release. Too much lost revenue doing so.

Probably overanalyzing but it seems odd to me that the U2 Spain guy told the fan to come back within a month. Also strange that he went on that bit about U2's being unpredictable.

If the guy asked about the DVD release and the secret was the Rose Bowl release or even the Rose Bowl release + a remaster, why add that U2's unpredictable? To me that indicates pretty clearly that the U2 Spain guy was insinuating that something beyond the DVD will be announced within a month.
:crack:

I tell you what, SOMETHING better be announced within a month.

As for the Guitar Hero/Rock Band thing, much more likely Rock Band in my opinion, that would almost certainly be announced, if it were to come about, at E3 which takes place in LA during the week beginning Monday 6/14. Interstingly, U2 have a few days off around that time and are around the west coast. For me, we would certainly have heard something concrete about this by now if it were to come out this year. As for these 2 releases, I predict the Rose Bowl show on DVD and Blu-ray and a new album.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom