SOE 15: Crickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, see you at the next Bono busking on Christmas Eve discussion unless anybody else has a rumour they'd like to have shot down in flames share.

original

There's a difference between saying "I think he made it up because ..." and "That's bullshit."
Without anything real to discuss the next few months are gonna be looong. I sincerely hope there's gonna be some sort of official statement but I doubt it...
If he made it up, which he did, then it's bullshit.

Exactly. It seems they can't even figure out what to do with ONE song (The Best Thing) so an EP wouldn't be any different

Seems they have figured it out. It's fans that haven't accepted it. Or at least accepted what the evidence had thus far show.

And that evidence shows it was a collaboration with Kygo. And Kygo has presented the song at at least one of his so-called live events.

Do you really think if it were a U2 single, they'd allow Kygo to play it first? Unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So... When is the tour going to start? 2017? 2018? I'm thinking that it's going to start in 2018.

Bambi Love

Sent from my SM-N910G using U2 Interference mobile app

Attachments

• 1476707631911.jpg
    1476707631911.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 1476707645827.jpg
    1476707645827.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 1476707665871.jpg
    1476707665871.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 1476707678200.jpg
    1476707678200.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 20
Seems they have figured it out. It's fans that haven't accepted it. Or at least accepted what the evidence had thus far show.

And that evidence shows it was a collaboration with Kygo. And Kygo has presented the song at at least one of his so-called live events.

Do you really think if it were a U2 single, they'd allow Kygo to play it first? Unlikely.

He played it once, and hasn't been allowed to play it since.

If it were his song that Bono happened to appear on, then Kygo would have the rights to play it whenever he wanted. That he hasn't played it even once since that show points pretty clearly to it being a U2 release, and that Kygo played it without permission.

#evidence

He played it once, and hasn't been allowed to play it since.

If it were his song that Bono happened to appear on, then Kygo would have the rights to play it whenever he wanted. That he hasn't played it even once since that show points pretty clearly to it being a U2 release, and that Kygo played it without permission.

#evidence

Yep.

it is/was the lead single of SOE. It had a single mix was produced by Lillywhite.
Kygo remixed it, working with an earlier version (hence difference lyrics)

only the gods and Edge know if we'll ever hear any version of it again

Well we don't know if it was the lead single, and don't know if it's the same song that Lillywhite mixed... it could be that the band gave a bunch of songs out to be remixed, and there's some evidence that they did exactly that.

But if it were a Kygo song that Bono appeared on, Kygo would own the rights and could play it whenever he wanted. That he hasn't is a big sign that it's a U2 song, unless someone can think of a good reason why he wouldn't play a song again that got such a good reaction.

Yep.

it is/was the lead single of SOE. It had a single mix was produced by Lillywhite.
Kygo remixed it, working with an earlier version (hence difference lyrics)

only the gods and Edge know if we'll ever hear any version of it again

Different lyrics doesn't necessarily equal "earlier version", when sending a song to get remixed a band will often send them additional masters that may have not made the album version. Hence why a remix will often have a slightly different vocal take, lyric, or some extra part that isn't on the album version.

yeah, the dave aude Magnificent remix has something like "your white soul has left my heart black and blue," instead of "this foolishness"

Allllllright here's a new tidbit to go over!

Consequence of Sound published a long write-up & interview with Ryan Tedder today (link here) and he's talking a lot about writing and co-producing for Adele, Beyonce, U2, etc..

The article ends with him talking about his experience working with U2 and he teased this about the direction of SOE (U2 page link):

As for their new album, Songs of Experience, I’ve already been working with them for a year. We’re roping in some really good remixes that are going to kick an entirely new door wide open for U2 fans. The world right now is listening to such different music that you can’t expect a 20-year-old to gravitate to a U2 record if it’s not put in the context of what they listen to today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom