Should U2 follow in the footsteps of Linkin Park..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't usually EVER want U2 to follow Linkin Park's lead in ANYTHING ... but I'm a sucker for live music ... so I hope it happens! U2 are into staying with times and such, and this sounds like a good way to do it! But I agree ^^ It'd be better if they changed the sets ...

I thought it would suggest a rip-off of one of their own songs (WOWY)... Y'know, that new Linkin Park song what sounds exactly like WOWY.

I'm surprised no has mentioned this, but The Who already did this for every show on the last tour - or something very similar. No one wants to follow Linkin Park, but there is nothing wrong with following The Who.

After the show I attended last year, I paid $30 for a two CD soundboard recording of the concert and a full length DVD of the concert. The recording was remastered and the CDs and DVD were made available to purchase on The Who's website about a month after the show. I received them in the mail about 5 days after ordering them. Everything was pro-shot/recorded and the quality was excellent.

I love bootlegs and have bootlegs from every U2 show I've been to, but it was really cool to have such a great sounding recording and DVD from a show you were at. Anyways, this type of deal was offered for every show on The Who's tour.

I'm sure if U2 did this, Paul would find a way to add an additional $30 on to the original ticket price and then charge another $50 for the recording/DVD which Fanfire would then lose in the mail for 2 months.

Sadly, Roger and especially Pete - both in their 60s - showed more energy and enthusiasm on stage than I saw from U2 on any of the 5 Vertigo shows I went to. Pete tore into "My Generation" like he's never played it before. Contrast this with half assed WOWY (and other songs) we endured for the entire Vertigo tour, but I digress...very cool idea by Linkin Park if they pull it off; provided you want to listen to that garbage.

/U2 is my favorite group
//The Who are not even in my top 10
///Linkin Park is not in my top 1,000,000

Last edited:
LostTacoVendor said:
I'm sure if U2 did this, Paul would find a way to add an additional $30 on to the original ticket price and then charge another $50 for the recording/DVD which Fanfire would then lose in the mail for 2 months.
Yes, you are right.

:tsk: Aardvark, WTF man. :tsk:

:revokesAardvark'sHeartlandFanclubmembership:

:tsk:

LostTacoVendor said:
I love bootlegs and have bootlegs from every U2 show I've been to, but it was really cool to have such a great sounding recording and DVD from a show you were at. Anyways, this type of deal was offered for every show on The Who's tour.

:lmao: Quoted for boatloads of truth.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

This cracks me up. U2 could have easily done this last tour and decided not to for whatever reason, but when PJ does it no one says "another way for Eddie to cash in".

Or Daltrey/Townshend cashing in.

:lol:

Even if they someday do this, we'd be getting pages of whining about prices and/or setlists.

Didn't the Who also do something where you could pay to watch a webcast of one of their shows? And the money went to charity? I vaguely remember reading something about plans for this when I still subscribed to Rolling Stone.

CD's like Pearl Jam, or not at all. No iTunes, no downloads...CD's or nothing please.

Oh and since when is Paul McG some sort of svengali manipulating the band at his every whim? This is U2, not N'Sync or B2K or Britney for fuck's sake. If you think you're being screwed by U2 that's fine, but realize that if you're blaming it all on Paul you're fooling yourself.

Well I like Linkin Parks new album, and it's also a great idea what they did. It would be great to see other bands do the same thing.

Linkin Park is not that bad. I will tell you what was a mistake, buying Arcade Fire's album, what utterly boring shit.

phanan said:

You just love to stir the shit, don't you?

I am entitled to my opinion and I like Linkin Park, well the new album anyways.

I mean if you are all going to use words like Poo to describe linkin park because you don't like them, then I can say which band I don't like such as my example.

CTU2fan said:
CD's like Pearl Jam, or not at all. No iTunes, no downloads...CD's or nothing please.

Oh and since when is Paul McG some sort of svengali manipulating the band at his every whim? This is U2, not N'Sync or B2K or Britney for fuck's sake. If you think you're being screwed by U2 that's fine, but realize that if you're blaming it all on Paul you're fooling yourself.

Therein lies the importance of Paul´s job. By being a scapegoat himself he caters to the bands best financial choices and lets people hate on him instead of the fab four.

Justin24 said:

I am entitled to my opinion and I like Linkin Park, well the new album anyways.

I mean if you are all going to use words like Poo to describe linkin park because you don't like them, then I can say which band I don't like such as my example.

I have no problem with your opinion of Linkin Park. No problem at all.

Just sayin' that you'll get a nice round of backlash for your Arcade Fire post.

But I'm sure you expect that. :wink:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the band's stance on taping and tape trading. Should they start to commercially release recordings of these shows their tune would change pretty drastically and we would be losing the entire U2 bootleg community.

phanan said:

I have no problem with your opinion of Linkin Park. No problem at all.

Just sayin' that you'll get a nice round of backlash for your Arcade Fire post.

But I'm sure you expect that. :wink:

I know :)

Unless this discussion is going to remain relevant to U2 (should U2 do something similar?), this thread will be locked. We don't need to have a discussion of who hates which bands.

Back
Top Bottom