Rest of U2 Survivor: "UNRELEASED" RELEASES 04-07 - Round 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Flower Child

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • Smile

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Native Son

Votes: 10 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Xanax and Wine is out, with 16 votes.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 24 hours for the non-album track rounds.

Songs in this round:

- Flower Child
- Smile
- Native Son

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

This last round is a bit of a mish-mash. Unreleased tracks from HTDAAB and the previously unreleased JT era tracks. While they did obviously get an official release in 2007, we put them here anyway.

phillyfan26 said:
Flower Child's time has come. Smile and Native Son FTW.

I'm with this. Flower Child is a great song, but Native Son and especially Smile are better.

OH man, Flower Child needs to go now

I agree Native Son and Smile should just tie :lol:

how could we not remember Smile was included as a bonus on U2:18 iTunes. The validity of this entire round is thrown into doubt. :ohmy:

:ohmy:voted for Flower Child while I like it more than Native Son.
But I had to to vote for it in order to save Smile:drool:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. I`ll say it again....Smile FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

native son is way overrated only because it's like the 'secret vertigo' track, and we're not 'supposed' to have it. the mystique around it is dumb. it's shit compared to Vertigo, and Smile/Flower Child for that matter. get real people

same about Smile in my opinion. It's one of those tracks that, just because it was left off HTDAAB, is given some sort of mystique and hailed, like a great deal of us did with Mercy, as better than pretty much the entire album.

At least with Mercy that song was something different and a bit more exciting than half of Atomic Bomb rather than some dull plodding leftover that sounds not entirely different from One Stop Closer.

I'm not saying that they're 100% the same before someone draws up comparisons between Viva Davidoff and Mofo just to show how off the mark I am. I mean in sound they're not ENTIRELY different, and had One Step Closer been in Smile's shoes and the latter been on the album, would it be spoken of with such royal regard? Sadly, like discotheque said sort of, it seems an unreleased song's status gets in the way of the actual music and some real dud tracks get spoken of like they would have been held aloft as some of U2's greatest ever...

discothequeLP said:
native son is way overrated only because it's like the 'secret vertigo' track, and we're not 'supposed' to have it. the mystique around it is dumb. it's shit compared to Vertigo

Yes, that's exactly why I prefer Native Son to Vertigo. :rolleyes:

Or maybe it's because I honestly think a song needs a decent set of lyrics. Native Son not only eliminates a weak chorus and a stupid outro, but it also has something meaningful behind it too. And Edge's verse is awesome.

Wild, you grow wild, you grow wild, you grow wild, you grow wild, you grow wild, you grow wild, you grow wild, you grow wild...

To me its way way way to repetitive.

bye bye flower child.

corianderstem said:

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

Since Smile was on a special edition, doesn't that make it still legit?

Re: Re: Rest of U2 Survivor: "UNRELEASED" RELEASES 04-07 - Round 9

bono_212 said:

Since Smile was on a special edition, doesn't that make it still legit?

Yes, exactly. It's not on the regular pressing, so it stays.

I'm glad Flower Child is leaving us now. I listened to it last night for the first time in a while, and ... it kind of sucks.

Love You Like Mad is still worse, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom