Rest of U2 Survivor: Passengers - Round 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Slug

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Your Blue Room

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Always Forever Now

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Beach Sequence

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Wake Up Dead Man
2. Do You Feel Loved?
3. Mofo
4. Please
5. Last Night on Earth
6. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
7. If God Will Send His Angels
8. Miami
9. The Playboy Mansion

God, what a weak album. The 90s really sucked for U2 in the studio.

I think at the very end of all of this, we should have one final round. That round should be all the songs that were eliminated first from their respective albums, and we'd vote off the ones we like the most.

Varitek said:
No, quick hour-long rounds where Miami gets mercy ruled and then Playboy Mansion does. Because Miami deserves to go out first.

We're back to 48 hour rounds after this album (mercy rules excepted, obviously).

But Playboy Mansion deserves to get the first kick. :wink:

the tourist said:
I think at the very end of all of this, we should have one final round. That round should be all the songs that were eliminated first from their respective albums, and we'd vote off the ones we like the most.

At the end of this, I'm doing "Rest of U2 Survivor Mini-Games" with little random votes like that. That will be to distract you all while Axver prepares the Live U2 Survivor.

elevated_u2_fan said:
:tsk: I'll allow this only because you were like, what? Seven when this album came out? :wink:

There were good songs, but it's not a good album. Hence when I said "the 90s sucked in the studio." U2's 90s albums were all poor performances. Achtung Baby and Pop had good songs, but were poorly executed/unfinished.

Zooropa just sucked.

I know there's always someone who says such things during such conversations, but ...

God, I feel old.

phillyfan26 said:
And I was six in March of '97.

Sorry... :wink:

It all comes down to personal preference of course but I would take the highs and lows of the 90's over all other decades, poor production and all...

There is something about POP which I love and I can't explain... Being a teenager at the time and really indentifying with the songs probably helps :shrug:

ah, it's all relative :shrug:

There are people on here who were teenagers when The Joshua Tree came out or War or even Boy...

Those periods I have trouble relating to on a personal level as well. Like Pfan, I can apprciate the songs for what they are but I don't have the same connection.

elevated_u2_fan said:
Like Pfan, I can apprciate the songs for what they are but I don't have the same connection.

Oddly, I have a better connection with the songs from the 80s than I do with the bulk of the songs from the 90s or 00s. Which is why whenever I make a list of my top 10 U2 songs, 8 of those 10 are from the 80s.

I was a teenager when Bomb came out, and I don't have a connection with it at all. :lol:

I can't believe I missed a round. :ohmy:

And I can't believe you people ousted United Colours! Oh well. This round, Always Forever Now. I love it, but the other three are my top three from Passengers, so it's the only choice really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom