Rest of U2 Survivor: Passengers - Round 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• United Colours

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Slug

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Your Blue Room

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Always Forever Now

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Beach Sequence

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • ... Let's Go Native

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:
The snarkiness is what makes EYKIW so much fun.

I'm running a football team here, though, and I'm trying to train LemonMelon to become one of us. He's a bit on the frail side, sure, but he makes up for his effete build with guts, moxy and brains. But when he engages in smack talk, he loses focus. I do not know what I'm talking about, but, I am a Head Coach now, and, I'm lefthanded.

Varitek said:
You guys just killed a perfectly good shoot-the-shit U2 Survivor thread.

Ha, I just came in here to say this thread suddenly became boring and lame.

Let's talk about snippets again and why Bono needs to stop snippeting the Beatles so fucking much.

Axver said:
Let's talk about snippets again and why Bono needs to stop snippeting the Beatles so fucking much.

You talk about that, I'll read the posts and patiently wait until that runs its course.

:)

He does snippet them a lot, though.

No spoken words said:

You talk about that, I'll read the posts and patiently wait until that runs its course.

:)

He does snippet them a lot, though.

It's just insane. Though after 20 Beatles/Lennon songs in A-I, there's only been seven more (well, one a Harrison song) in J-S. Bob Dylan's starting to gain on them ... with 12 overall.

Beatles snippets :up:

I also like when they cover Beatles songs.

But not as much as when they play their own songs.

Hey Axver, would you rather hear One live, or a Beatles song live?

No spoken words said:
I was not asked, but, fuck it, I'd rather hear then do a Beatles song Live at this point.

Me too, depending on the song. I saw Norwegian Wood and Instant Karma, awesome. I'd love to see Blackbird, and Help maybe. But I like the Beatles, and you probably do too. I am trying to ascertain whether Axver hates the Beatles or One more.

I know your intent, but I still wanted to stick my 2 cents in cos I'm tired but still on this site. Axver's disdain for One is not a secret, nor his fun Beatles comments. :)

Norwegian Wood. :drool:

Varitek said:
Beatles snippets :up:

I also like when they cover Beatles songs.

But not as much as when they play their own songs.

Hey Axver, would you rather hear One live, or a Beatles song live?

I would prefer to hear U2's version of Rain than One. Especially if Bono ended it with "good night, fuck off", Popmart style.

Help and Helter Skelter covered by U2 live > One live too.

I can't say I'm really down with the mini-cover/maxi-snippet/whatever of Norwegian Wood though. It's a great snippet in Bad, but if you could promise me that One would have the "do you hear us coming?" verse and no rambling speech, I think I just might take One over the mini-cover of Norwegian Wood.

coolian2 said:
NZ Cricket team = a swift kick in the nuts

Back to the thread

I don't even want to know what's happened. Holy shit, we suck so much right now.

Varitek said:

Sorry, but the words "cricket" and "swift" do not belong in a sentence together unless it also includes "ly puts people to sleep."

You can talk. Baseball's the dull, watered down form of cricket, and American football is about 10,000x slower than a five day cricket match.

Varitek said:
Also, Summer Rain is kind of lame.

No, no. Summer Rain should have been on ATYCLB. I normally just sub out Wild Honey, but I've come to realise that song isn't the shittest one there. Ditch IALW or Stuck for Summer Rain instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom