Rest of U2 Survivor: NON-ALBUM TRACKS 1982-85 - Round 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• The Three Sunrises

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Love Comes Tumbling

Votes: 30 65.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Sorry, guys! It completely slipped my mind last night.

Bass Trap is out. Down to two!

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 24 hours for the non-album track rounds.

Songs in this round:

- The Three Sunrises
- Love Comes Tumbling

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

If you are unfamiliar with these songs, please post your email address, and I will email you links to download the songs in these non-album rounds (even though most of us may have some of the songs already).

Love Comes Tumbling. It never should have made it this far. Treasure, The Three Sunrises, Boomerangs I and II, and Bass Trap are all considerably superior.

I've always kind of liked Love Comes Tumbling, but that whole "the seed is spilled / the bed defiled" line always squicks me out a bit.

I always loved Love Comes Tumbling, but The Three Sunrises really has been the one I love more lately, so this round is hard for me...

Love Comes Tumbling but it was a VERY hard decision, the pair of them are in my top 10 U2 songs in general but The Three Sunrises always wins I think just because it's so bloody upbeat!

Love Comes Tumbling, Part IV.

You know what makes me angry? Of the three clear best songs from this group (Boomerang II, Bass Trap, and Treasure), NONE of them made the finals.

And I don't think it's a coincidence that the two tracks that made it the farthest are the two most readily available.

Well it makes sense that those songs become people's favorites over the years when they have heard them so much more than the others. Anyways, I ended up voting LCT. The Three Sunrises wins and that's good.

phillyfan26 said:
And I don't think it's a coincidence that the two tracks that made it the farthest are the two most readily available.

Yeah, I can't say I'm exactly taken by surprise. Though I thought The Three Sunrises vs Bass Trap was actually going to be the final. Bass Trap is pretty well known and liked too, at least in comparison to tracks like Endless Deep and Boomerang I.

Still, Wide Awake in America pretty much insures that LCT and TTS are going to be the most popular 2 on the list. I think there is a difference between peoples "favorite" songs, as the poll says to vote, and songs that people may think are musically better. Does that make sense? :der:

bonocomet said:
Well it makes sense that those songs become people's favorites over the years when they have heard them so much more than the others. Anyways, I ended up voting LCT. The Three Sunrises wins and that's good.

I mean, when I say that, that I believe people have voted who have only heard those two songs.

Yeah I'm sure that's probably true as well. However even if they all had requested the songs here that they have never heard, there just isn't the time for the songs to sink in and compete with the other popular songs.

Wow, I had no idea Three Sunrises was so popular. :huh: It's a good song, but fluff compared to Love Comes Tumbling.

phillyfan26 said:

I do think you're right. For this reason, I hope the next round is a little more equal and unpredictable.

Voted for Love Comes Tumbling... it just sounded boring to me when I listened to it just now. :shrug:

At least most people here are more likely to have heard the JT B-sides now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom