Q Magazine snippets - now Consolidated (Pics added 12/29/08 & 1/1/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually Bono did worse than that. He specifically went on the record to say these men were well-intentioned, when they in fact weren't. They simply don't care about the Middle East. It's like saying you care about teaching someone else's child to swim and just throwing them in the water without protection.

If Bono had just stuck to non-war/human rights issues, it might be okay, but he's gone further to say these were just civilized disagreements. 1980s Bono wouldn't have done that. There was nothing civilized with what Bush and Blair did; they misled people deliberately and with condescension toward the Middle East -- amidst much protest in their country's; Robin Cook resigned from Blair's government in protest, God rest his soul. Blair is a vile piece of garbage and he deserves no respect on these issues.

Well intentioned w/respect to their goals on Africa which, after convincing, they were. Again, I am no supporter of Bush, quite the opposite, but remember, 1980s Bono would not have done that but 2000s Bono admits he did not get much done back then! Bono never said the Iraq war was well intentioned, received, etc.

My Barnes and Noble said within a week of it's UK release, but another one that I called said one to two weeks. It just depends on your local store, but typically it looks like at least a week wait. And I believe it came out Tuesday? in the UK.

Thank you very much!

I am trying to find a quote that I just read somewhere around here recently, I think it was Bono saying something about it being easy for people to say certain things from the sidelines, I can't even remember exactly what he said now. Anyways, I thought it was from the Q article but now I can't find it, so maybe it was somewhere else. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? :der: :reject: Thanks.

I am trying to find a quote that I just read somewhere around here recently, I think it was Bono saying something about it being easy for people to say certain things from the sidelines, I can't even remember exactly what he said now. Anyways, I thought it was from the Q article but now I can't find it, so maybe it was somewhere else. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? :der: :reject: Thanks.

Even if he didn't say it, the point certainly stands.

I'm pretty sure he said it, I remember reading it within the last few days. I just can't remember where it is now.

Actually Bono did worse than that. He specifically went on the record to say these men were well-intentioned, when they in fact weren't.

That's ridiculous. Right or wrong, these men had good intentions in their minds. To believe they are evil people trying to get into power like some part of the OMEN series is juvenile.

I wish the world was as black and white as your statement(s).

Yep, Bono loves the odd cigar.

But his voice seems great nevertheless these days. I'm sure he's cut down on it radically. Not easy to quit that habit if you're under so much stress and pressure.

I've luckily never been hooked on cigarettes. I love to indulge in the occasional cigar...but supposedly because you don't inhale cigars they aren't as addicting.

I do have to say that I've always thought that Bono looked pretty cool smoking. So I guess I'm buying into the marketing b.s. of cigarette companies.

Now just tell me Adam has gone back to drinking and I will sell my U2 collection.

The album would be out of this world then I guess. :wink:

I all seriousness: I am happy he quit drinking. The grey fox looks happier and better than ever and I can say that in the most heterosexual way ever expressed by mankind :wave:

I've luckily never been hooked on cigarettes. I love to indulge in the occasional cigar...but supposedly because you don't inhale cigars they aren't as addicting.

I do have to say that I've always thought that Bono looked pretty cool smoking. So I guess I'm buying into the marketing b.s. of cigarette companies.

smoked for 9 years, quit cold turkey after a fever and do not miss it a single second accept for the moments together with the band. THAN IT IS THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Guys what do you all make of this

"Bono and Will.i.am...are...writing a cello part for a song called Breathe"

Bono and Will.i.am + cello...this makes no sense :lol:

smoked for 9 years, quit cold turkey after a fever and do not miss it a single second accept for the moments together with the band. THAN IT IS THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

great to know that you kicked the habit. It really is a bad one. I've seen such good people get pulled down by it.

Guys what do you all make of this

"Bono and Will.i.am...are...writing a cello part for a song called Breathe"

Bono and Will.i.am + cello...this makes no sense :lol:

I checked his credits and it doesn't even look like he plays the cello. He's trained in piano, keyboards, and clavinet. Weird that he'd be assisting them with anything other than those instruments. Maybe piano notes carries over to cello easily.

I checked his credits and it doesn't even look like he plays the cello. He's trained in piano, keyboards, and clavinet. Weird that he'd be assisting them with anything other than those instruments. Maybe piano notes carries over to cello easily.

I thought he was only mixing it, if he's writing cello parts for songs too maybe he's contributing a lot more than we think

I have to admit that Bono had some influence on my decision to start smoking cigars. I've never smoked cigaretes but those cigarillos which he used to have in his mouth so often in early 90's inspired me to try it too:reject:

I thought he was only mixing it, if he's writing cello parts for songs too maybe he's contributing a lot more than we think

It supposedly said in the Q article that he and Eno went off to WRITE a cello part so your guess is as good as mine on that one. I don't even know what a cello sounds like. Isn't it like a deeper violin?????

I have to admit that Bono had some influence on my decision to start smoking cigars. I've never smoked cigaretes but those cigarillos which he used to have in his mouth so often in early 90's inspired me to try it too:reject:

Yeah...I used to smoke those cigarellos too....thankfully I never got hooked.

EDIT: hopefully you can quit....for you health's sake :)

It supposedly said in the Q article that he and Eno went off to WRITE a cello part so your guess is as good as mine on that one. I don't even know what a cello sounds like. Isn't it like a deeper violin?????

Oh I missed Eno, it was Eno, Bono and Will.i.am writing it; still having a hard time seeing Will.i.am with a cello

Yeah...I used to smoke those cigarellos too....thankfully I never got hooked.

EDIT: hopefully you can quit....for you health's sake :)

Well, I've never felt an urge to have one. I smoke three/four per month.I'm just sometimes in mood for it

Now that I'm thinking about it...what do ANY of those guys know about writing cello pieces????

Eno is into ambient stuff so maybe he has some experience with the cello but Bono and Will.i.am; I guess Bono will be playing cello like he did drums last tour :wink:

Bono will hold a cello next tour it's his new look :hyper:
Holding a guitar is so last year, this year it's bowler hats, eyeliner and a cello!

Back
Top Bottom