Post here if you're still holding out for the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have you listend to the 30sec clips of the whole album?

• Yes, I couldnt wait!

Votes: 198 57.4%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is leaked

Votes: 33 9.6%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is released

Votes: 114 33.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, people started asking me immediately what I think about the album. But I don't think I can judge that from the first listen.
Just check the various HTDAAB threads, people LOVED it in the first week, then gradually it got worse and worse. That's another reason why I refused to listen to the leak, I didn't want to get caught in the hype. I want time to develop my own opinions.
Which already differ from the rest a lot, by the way. Many people LOVE Moment of Surrender apparently, while it already bores me after 2 or 3 listens. Ah well, can't help what I like or dislike.

Ofcourse it's a great album since it's new U2, and it's definately better than the last two, it's got a more JT/AB vibe to it rather than the unpolished raw sounds of the last two. That's pretty nice.

After all, I'm glad I waited. I posted a huge post of my first moment opinions when I listened to the album the first time, and I"ll read that post again in a week or so, after having the album on repeat on my ipod(With NLOTH2 added ofcourse!). I'm interested in the difference of my own opinions.

Yeah of course u can't judge it by the first couple of listens. I always find that when buy albums I'll listen to it a few times and then I'll have certain songs that I like more then others and ones that I don't like at all. But the same thing always happens to me--> after a month or so I'll start to listen to those songs that I didn't like before and suddenly I'll like them. Of course with U2 albums I'm always so excited to have new material that I'm not hard on them at all. I go with a more positive outlook of "well its new material so i'm really thankful for that":D

:d yes exactly that! I already know which songs I love and which ones I don't like at all, but there are a couple on it that might need time to grow on me. Sometimes you just gotta learn to appreciate something, just like when you get your first beer.

the feeling of having to wait longer? i don't covet this feeling, nor do i covet the feeling of holding paper in my hands while listening, have fun rehashing old discussions that have been had, when u finally allow urself to hear it.

Jeez, who pissed in your cornflakes?

And please, like this place is going to suddenly stop talking about the album three days from now.

still waiting although I heard Magnificent on the BBC thing last night- it could be on I-tunes tomorrow, if not then I'll be visiting ye olde Tesco to buy a copy Monday morning

:wave: howdy lovely virginal peoples :D

how you all doing? So excited for you all . . . and just read through the last few pages . . . wow some people, huh?

keep on holding on . . . it will be worth the wait indeed - so glad I waited - have managed to stay calm whilst listening and let it all just wash over me . . . I'm with gg on the 'its too difficult to form an opinion' at this stage - other than of course really enjoying it! Do have a couple of faves, but as the link to interference was broken :)( ) yesterday have yet to dive in to all the various threads . . . not actually sure I want to though on account of negative vibes which may rain on my happy parade :)

happy holding out groovers :hug:

ps . . .corianderstem . . . 'who pissed in your cornflakes' = gold :yes: :up:

Jeez, who pissed in your cornflakes?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I can't stand trash talk like that. Who are we hurting by waiting til the album comes out:wave:

:shrug:I guess some people in life don't understand the concept of people and different opinions/ways of doing things.

They won't put us off though. :wink:

Purplereign you keep enjoying your new shiny album. :drool: :hug:

2 days until i join you. :hyper:

Hello Hello:wave:

Still holding on strong. Three more days for me and then I can join ya:hug:

:wave: hello hello!!

Yep still holding out!! :D yeah are we gonna have a little listening party? even though I'll listen monday I'll happily listen again with you guys on tuesday? :applaud:

Anyone wanna hear some U2 jokes? you may have heard em before but ya know they're funny and well, they pass the time right? :lol: god, time is going so slowly right now......anyone else think that? :ohmy::lol:

I'm very much looking forward to having that lovely box set in my position. In the meantime, I'm nearly through the catalog and have "Zooropa," "Pop," ATYCLB, 7, the second best of, HTDAAB and 18 to listen to. Listening back through the catalog made me remember how much I love this band!!

So the album is officially released in Europe? it got released on the 27th? and it will release on Monday in UK and Tuesday here in USA?

Am I correct with my facts?

I got an e-mail today, from Amazon UK, saying my order is on my way :D:D:D:D

I have to hear Winter... and I'm not listening anything else...

when I get my copy (hopefully in the week), then I'll search for BBC gigs, Lettermans and al those things...

at first, Amazon told me the album would arrive on March 12... :angry:, I hope it's A LOT earlier

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO LISTEN TO THE ALBUM?

I now how I'll do it

My stereo is bad, so in my CD Radio I'll listen to it
In the bathroom
Locked in
Still don't know if with the surround sound or not
And hugging my girlfriend sitting on the floor as we listen to it (though she already has :angry: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom