Post here if you're still holding out for the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have you listend to the 30sec clips of the whole album?

• Yes, I couldnt wait!

Votes: 198 57.4%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is leaked

Votes: 33 9.6%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is released

Votes: 114 33.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never listened to the beach clips, and I've avoiding the WalMart stuff :up: I know I won't have the willpower to resist when the whole thing is leaked. I just wanted to hear it for the first time in its entirety. I would have avoided Boots too, but didn't quite have the willpower :wink:

I never listened to the beach clips, and I've avoiding the WalMart stuff :up: I know I won't have the willpower to resist when the whole thing is leaked. I just wanted to hear it for the first time in its entirety. I would have avoided Boots too, but didn't quite have the willpower :wink:

I listened to two of the beach clips, but it was hard to hear the song. Seagulls can be quite loud!

NLOTH on Irish radio presents a new challenge. Here we have a whole track... officially broadcast. Where do I stand? Not sure.

Of course it all depends on if it is NLOTH or NLOTH2

nope- will wait until I have the official release in my hands- a new U2 album doesn't happen often so why spoil it??

Play.com has a history of delivering releases on the Saturday before they hit the shops- so I may pre-order one of the versions from them (not sure which though)

there's always i-tunes who typically go live the weekend before the physical cd release

by uncanny planning I've got time off that week so will have some serious quality time with the album

not sure what to do with the single though- because it contains NLOTH2- can I listen to it as it's an official release..mmmmm

NLOTH on Irish radio presents a new challenge. Here we have a whole track... officially broadcast. Where do I stand? Not sure.

Of course it all depends on if it is NLOTH or NLOTH2

Don't give in :sad:

Seriously though, just think of that faithful moment when you buy the CD, go home and rip the plastic off of it, 20 minutes later after you find your missing tooth you pop open the case, put the CD in the tray and for that 2-3 seconds while the CD Player reads the disc and begins to play the rush of anticipation runs right up your spine....wouldn't it be great to not know what the first sounds will be that burst from your speakers or headphones?

Thats whats keeping me away from the leaks. Sounds crazy, but that 2-3 seconds of anticipation, the feeling you get when your feet finally touch the ground again after being lifted through the air from that first powerful song only to be thrusted skyward with the next one. That's why I'm doing it.

So before you decide to take a bite from the apple....just think of those moments and ask yourself "Is it really worth it?" :wink:

I totally agree with you. I want to experience that feeling. It only happens once every
4-5 years and honestly, for HTDAAB I listened to everything I could get my hands on and by the time the album leaked there weren't many surprises left.

Just wasn't the same.

I'm waiting. I've only heard the clips from the Observer or whatever, but that footage was from over a year ago.

I do the same thing with every new U2 album:

I listen to the lead single only once it has been officially released.
I listen to the album only once it has been officially released.

No clips or anything else beforehand. Pure 100% virgin on release date...

I have listened to the clips and to GOYB, but I don't think I'll be listening to NLOTH. I mean, it's the opening track. Talk about ruining a surprise...

Man I really don't know what to do now. I've listened to the beach clips and the wal-mart clips, but to me they really won't spoil my enjoyment of the album because they're just like ideas of what these songs will be like. But now this whole NLOTH thing...

I really loved the 30 sec clip, its been stuck in my head since Saturday! But i also really love the album experience, I'm the only person I know who still buys CDs for that experience. I want the title track to begin the whole NLOTH experience, but then again, it sounded soooo good in those 30 secs...I guess it will depend on what version is played on the radio, but I'm really doubting they'll play NLOTH 2

Powersurge that was a great analogy! I will try very very hard not to listen to the NLOTH leak, if it means staying away from here for a while then so be it. As much as I resent it, I been loaded down with tons of coursework at university as of this week so am hoping that will keep me occupied so resisting any leaks isn't too difficult.

Powersurge that was a great analogy! I will try very very hard not to listen to the NLOTH leak, if it means staying away from here for a while then so be it. As much as I resent it, I been loaded down with tons of coursework at university as of this week so am hoping that will keep me occupied so resisting any leaks isn't too difficult.

more power to you my brotha! :up:

I have listened to the clips and to GOYB, but I don't think I'll be listening to NLOTH. I mean, it's the opening track. Talk about ruining a surprise...

Don't listen to that song, I think it's not gonna be one of the worst of the album and will leave a bad taste in your mouth. I could be wrong :D

So far, I have only listened to GOYB. I haven't listened to any beach clips or whatever else is out there.

Play.com has a history of delivering releases on the Saturday before they hit the shops- so I may pre-order one of the versions from them (not sure which though)

Fuck......I pre-ordered it off Amazon.co.uk the other day. If anything they will probably be late :angry:

I totally agree with you. I want to experience that feeling. It only happens once every
4-5 years and honestly, for HTDAAB I listened to everything I could get my hands on and by the time the album leaked there weren't many surprises left.

Just wasn't the same.

Yeah i want it to be a suprise. :up:

:drool::hyper:

:lol: Play gets loads of Uk orders all of a sudden. :lmao:

I booked album release day off work. :reject::lol: Can sit and take it all in at my own pace. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom