Photographic evidence that U2 have been remixing POP - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2002, 04:35 PM   #41
Den Mother

Location: Well my heart is where it's always been, my head is somewhere in between.
Local Time: 01:05 AM
Re: Photographic evidence that U2 have been remixing POP

Quote:
Originally posted by ishkash

Why the hell they would dress like that era, if they werent into it.

j/k
They've been taking to Bruce, he's the one to blame for the Pop sound and look!

Quote:
It just goes to show how possesive and touchy some of the fans are.When I posted the pic, I though it would have one or two replies and it would die and relive in PLEBA.But I was wrong, it took a whole new meaning.
LOl, U2guatemala followed your lead, they even have the before and now pics.

Old 08-20-2002, 11:13 PM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:05 AM

i cant handle this anymore. i am going to explode if another girl treats u2 like a boyband.

"oh but during atyclb they were so soft and honest and i loved their heart..."

you are driving me away from u2, and it sucks. i fucking hate this. i use to love these guys but these are the kinda fans they have?!?!!? boy band fans?!?!!? this is horrible, and i am not joking.

im not here and this is not happening.

Old 08-21-2002, 12:19 AM   #43
Kid A

ATYCLB is warm and cuddly too, it's such a sweet album by the boys!

we're not scaremongering, this is really happening
Old 08-21-2002, 12:20 AM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
i cant handle this anymore. i am going to explode if another girl treats u2 like a boyband.

"oh but during atyclb they were so soft and honest and i loved their heart..."

you are driving me away from u2, and it sucks. i fucking hate this. i use to love these guys but these are the kinda fans they have?!?!!? boy band fans?!?!!? this is horrible, and i am not joking.

im not here and this is not happening.

Hey, this isn't "boy band" stuff. To paraphrase Elvis Costello, what's so bad about peace, love, and understanding? The last time I checked the boy bands only gave a damn about their sales figures, not people.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:31 AM   #45
Kid A

check yourself, U2 have always talked about those things, ATYCLB is nothing new on this front; just listen to how the message is being delivered now
Old 08-21-2002, 12:59 AM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

wink

i kid you not, if u2 comes out with an album full of wild honeys or in a little whiles (though ialw isnt the worst song, i DONT want anymore) i will come to all your houses and beat you up bad.

you people who bash boy bands but say bono and co are so soft and sweet and cuddly, do you even know why you hate boy bands and HOW exactly are they different from u2, the way you portray them?!

look at yourselfs!!!

i will be the end of you or you will be the end of me, but being in the middle here is going to suffucate us all.

cheers to all the spineless fans who like u2 for there looks (let me remind you that theyre all over forty and will never date you) and not give a shit what they do with their music, just as long as its not challenging.
Old 08-21-2002, 01:14 AM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:05 PM
I think the t shirt went something like this..
"U2: Just another Irish boy band"

Gimme Rock, Gimme The Edge, don't gimme anymore songs that are hummable.
Old 08-22-2002, 03:04 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Ummmm...Okay...So you're going to let what someone else thinks about them drive you away? Yeah, THAT makes sense...
Old 08-22-2002, 04:51 PM   #49
Refugee

Just because they're cute and they do touching, emotional songs doesn't make them a boyband, where would anyone get that? But if they did put out an all soft rock album would you not like them anymore?

I'm scared of hooded Bono he always did look like the Unibomber in that thing But the Unibomber did have Weird Al Yankovic's face

Don't worry you all I don't think any whole albums are being remixed only the songs going on the Best of, so if you know they remixed one they will be on Best of! They aren't going to change any of their past albums I'm sure!
Old 08-22-2002, 05:14 PM   #50
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by wertsie
Well, everybody here knows that I am an ardent fan of all things Pop (the album, the tour, the style...you name it!) BUT...I really hope they aren't mixing Pop. If it's not broken, don't fix it...and I've never really been a fan of "remixes." I usually tend to skip those.
couldn't have said it better myself.

but i'll still check them out just out of morbid curiosity.
Old 08-22-2002, 06:58 PM   #51
Refugee

Local Time: 06:05 AM
Zoomerang96 is right. IMO

Old 08-22-2002, 07:06 PM   #52
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Local Time: 05:05 AM

Quote:

cheers to all the spineless fans who like u2 for there looks (let me remind you that theyre all over forty and will never date you) and not give a shit what they do with their music, just as long as its not challenging.
That is the best line ever!!! You go get 'em bear. I fully agree with you... sad to say

"they'll never date you" *some think they are going to marry them...
Old 08-22-2002, 07:12 PM   #53
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel

That is the best line ever!!! You go get 'em bear. I fully agree with you... sad to say

"they'll never date you" *some think they are going to marry them...
I really don't know how anyone would get that impression, even from PLEBA girls. I stay on PLEBA most of the time and I don't see that at all. Really. So some of the girls might joke about going out with them but no one really believes it. Even if we like to drool over their pics, it was the songs that drew us to them in the first place! It's just as much fun to listen to the songs as it is to drool over them. I care a lot about what the music sounds like, and if they went numetal or rap I wouldn't like it, no matter how how they are! If anyone has gotten this idea about PLEBA girls, they are mistaken!
Old 08-22-2002, 09:10 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Ultravioletbabe

I really don't know how anyone would get that impression, even from PLEBA girls. I stay on PLEBA most of the time and I don't see that at all. Really. So some of the girls might joke about going out with them but no one really believes it. Even if we like to drool over their pics, it was the songs that drew us to them in the first place! It's just as much fun to listen to the songs as it is to drool over them. I care a lot about what the music sounds like, and if they went numetal or rap I wouldn't like it, no matter how how they are! If anyone has gotten this idea about PLEBA girls, they are mistaken!
What Ultravioletbabe said...I have never seen any of the PLEBA girls acting like teenyboppers. I, like many others, am of the camp that finds the band members very sexy. Do I get pissed off at the mention of one of their significant others? No! I'm glad that they're happy, and I know that there's no way in hell anything could ever happen between me and any of them.

The bottom line is that their music is special. We all know that. That's what matters most to me and to most, if not ALL, fans, I think.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:23 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ultravioletbabe

Well, I'm married to Larry, the other PLEBA gals are

Of course, you know I'm just kidding!

Flaming June MULLEN
Old 08-22-2002, 10:27 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:05 AM
Hey, all of this stuff about PLEBA girls just drooling is a bum rap!! I should know, I'm a PLEBA girl! I wouldn't be if I hadn't been attracted to the music first. I've been a fan since 1983 when I saw them do "Red Rocks" and heard War. Hell, we barely had pictures, period, back then. It was *strictly* the music. Now the pix all over are cool, and I enjoy them. But we all started with the music and the looks or whatever is icing on the cake. Gimme that cake.........
Old 08-22-2002, 10:34 PM   #57
War Child

Local Time: 07:05 PM
Normal

i don't believe deathbear or angel mentioned pleba girls in their comments.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:49 PM   #58
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Local Time: 05:05 AM
thank you ZA. I have nothing against PLEBA.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowgirl
i don't believe deathbear or angel mentioned pleba girls in their comments.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:57 PM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

i didnt even mention pleba and these people come spreading the word of that elitist clan of *(&))(*&.

i didnt come here looking for a war, but it you want war i will bring you down.

quit mentioning pleba or i will mention very disturbing things that will gnaw in your skull for years to come. it will not escape your mind. every day you will scream for mercy but it wont come.
anywhere you turn, ill be there. open up your skull ill be there.

i never mentioned pleba so go take your little knit-picking to your grandmas.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:26 AM   #60
Kid A

it's evolution baby, we're buying stocks on the day of the crash