Okay, Seriously, WHEN THE HELL WILL IT LEAK? (Part 5)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes but it's nice to be able to stay on top of the rumors. i dont take this as an official news thread...but it once was about alan cross and the rumors there, and artdirectors source, etc. it just sucks to have to wade through 50 pages of the same stuff.

Oh I totally agree...but its just as annoying to read people making stupid leak jokes as it is to read people coming on here bashing the thread because it doesn't contain "official info", know what I mean?

Man, people are angry.

I'm 30, old enough to remember when you actually had to wait to buy the CD in the store at midnight... I remember getting it for POP.

And you know what, that's better.

We are actually ruining this for ourselves.

HA!

I feel really old now.

The anticipation is the fun part... after you've heard it (format doesn't matter) you can never hear it again for the first time. After only a few listens it's still not "brand new" U2.

That is my point.

I wish there was no leak so I could wait... enjoy the build up... look forward to March 3rd U2 day...

Like anything you love, you always want more... but it's like saving a piece of candy that you can never get again to eat at a later date... sure it will taste great today... but after that, it's gone.

By this logic U2 should just release the album at the end of time :shrug:

You know what would be fun for me? Logging onto interference and knowing the status of the leak without having to wade through pages of bitching/puns/musings. That would make my day.

Uhh. It's called checking the last page of the thread. That's what I do.

this was more fun when everyone was actually trying to down load NLOTH on a fake torrent

You know what would be fun for me? Logging onto interference and knowing the status of the leak without having to wade through pages of bitching/puns/musings. That would make my day.

Dude come on! Just go the end of the thread. If people are still making song puns, and there's no new thread, what are the chances the album has leaked?

This thread is useful when there is a possible leak

but a lot of the posts here and just stupid puns that really shouldn't be posted

Man, people are angry.

I'm 30, old enough to remember when you actually had to wait to buy the CD in the store at midnight... I remember getting it for POP.

And you know what, that's better.

We are actually ruining this for ourselves.

Actually leaks are better. They can come at any moment, so the unexpectedness of the first listen adds to the euphoria. In this day and age when most of us listen via mp3-devices, Cd sleeves are pretty much obsolete anyway (and the sleeves of the last 2 U2 albums were hardly anything to get excited about.) I bought POP at midnight too, and experienced HTDAAB through the leak. Of both experiences, I'd rate the first listen of HTDAAB higher. And when I finally bought a hard copy later, the sleeve was pretty lame.

By this logic U2 should just release the album at the end of time :shrug:

No they have picked a date to bring it to the world. And in the past that is all we had. No we want to it before they want to give it to us...

I didn't say end of time. It's less than a month away.

Then either create an "official leak thread" of your own or check Sicy's updates on the top.

I agree the puns are annoying, but what else can you do?

No they have picked a date to bring it to the world. And in the past that is all we had. No we want to it before they want to give it to us...

I didn't say end of time. It's less than a month away.

Well personally I'd rather hear it now than in a month. I'm as hyped up as I'm going to be. I mean we've been waiting four and a half years. There's no difference in anticipation between getting it today and getting it in a few weeks to me

If it leaks, I'll freak out the whole time it's downloading (if it's confirmed to be real) and be a complete fanboy during the first listen
If it doesn't, I'll freak out the whole time I go to and back from the store and be a complete fanboy during the first listen

Doesn't matter to me

The anticipation is the fun part... after you've heard it (format doesn't matter) you can never hear it again for the first time. After only a few listens it's still not "brand new" U2.

That is my point.

I wish there was no leak so I could wait... enjoy the build up... look forward to March 3rd U2 day...

Like anything you love, you always want more... but it's like saving a piece of candy that you can never get again to eat at a later date... sure it will taste great today... but after that, it's gone.

See...I can't wait to get the first listen over with. I want music that's going to grow on me with time and become a part of my life. I have no idea which songs are going to stand up to repeated listenings. I remember saying that HTDAAB was another Achtung Baby after the first listen! Subsequent listenings revealed to me that...eh, maybe not. I want the music to become a part of my life...so to me the first listen is great, but if it's downhill after that, the album wasn't worth getting hyped up about to begin with.

I kind of agree with clerks...

I'm 22, been a fan since I was 10 and the first album release that I was aware of was Pop.
When ATYCLB came out I had absolutely NO idea. I found out the day before it was released in stores and left school early the next day to go and buy it. I walked home in my school uniform with the new album playing on my discman. Thats right! i said DISCMAN!!! And it was quite a special experience for me personally. The first listen is important. And I think that time and place is very influential on us in regards to which songs, albums we like.

Even with HTTAAB i was still pretty unaware. I got the leak and loved it (for all you BOMBARDERS). But with NLOTH i've never been so hyped up before, checking this forum religiously. I've followed this album from its inception and know way to much. But I'm still excited and despite having heard the clips I think the first listen will be special. Leak or not

Actually leaks are better. They can come at any moment, so the unexpectedness of the first listen adds to the euphoria. In this day and age when most of us listen via mp3-devices, Cd sleeves are pretty much obsolete anyway (and the sleeves of the last 2 U2 albums were hardly anything to get excited about.) I bought POP at midnight too, and experienced HTDAAB through the leak. Of both experiences, I'd rate the first listen of HTDAAB higher. And when I finally bought a hard copy later, the sleeve was pretty lame.

Unexpectedness.. I do like that part of it... and don't get me wrong, I haven't been able to hold out last 2 albums or this one...

And I'm not talking about format... I just like to have CD as like a book, to me holding it is more fun. I buy 99% of my music via iTunes or Amazon no, but for U2 I want the psychical thing. If only to remind me of being 18 again.

Maybe it's me... but there is something sterile about hearing music for the first time via a torrent link...

To me the fun part is to wake up... go to the store... stare at it... see all the other happy U2 people... buy it... maybe have to work that day so waiting until you get home... opening it... looking at the CD... then putting it in and just listening for the first time...

I think people are missing the experience of it all.

Sure you can download Transfomers 2 or get a bootleg DVD... but there is something about going to the theater and experiencing it.

For some reason leaks feel like masturbating to me and buying the album is sex.

Well personally I'd rather hear it now than in a month. I'm as hyped up as I'm going to be. I mean we've been waiting four and a half years. There's no difference in anticipation between getting it today and getting it in a few weeks to me

If it leaks, I'll freak out the whole time it's downloading (if it's confirmed to be real) and be a complete fanboy during the first listen
If it doesn't, I'll freak out the whole time I go to and back from the store and be a complete fanboy during the first listen

Doesn't matter to me

I wanna hold the case in my hands
marvel at the booklet
read the lyrics
feel the reward of a long wait, real style

I can't do that with a leak :sad:

No more leak threads.

Isn't it true that the second it leaks that you'll update the thread at the top of the page?

If it is true, then why the hell are people bitching about this thread? This thread is no different then the million or so that preceded it: 900 nonsensical or off topic posts and 100 somewhat relevant or news worthy posts. Thats the basic formula around here...not sure why its so surprising for people, especially those who have been here for a while.

I wanna hold the case in my hands
marvel at the booklet
read the lyrics
feel the reward of a long wait, real style

I can't do that with a leak :sad:

I'll hold the case in my hands
Marvel at the booklet
read the lyrics
Run home and blast it on my stereo

I love CDs, but I'd still rather here it now :wink:

I kind of agree with clerks...

I'm 22, been a fan since I was 10 and the first album release that I was aware of was Pop.

hey, i'm 22, and i've been a fan since i was 10 too, funny. but i was aware of absolutely everything u2 did since 1996. i remember being crazy anxious for ATYCLB, it was a magical time. and HTDAAB leaked on Saturday or Sunday back in 2004.

It leaks March 14th, people. All this talking is a waste of time with a month still to go. :drool:

all is quiet
on here today
the world of blue
gets under way
I've wanted to listen to u2
night and day
but all is quiet on here today

except for of few torrent lies
about an album thats black and white(and gray)
forums occupied
by the chosen few
for someone to say
say its true its true
Its the new u2
for a day or two
we will be one
i, i will wait again
i, i will wait again

Oh, maybe maybe the time is right
oh, i hope it leaks tonight

I, I will wait again
i, i will wait again

So im told this is a golden wait
but gold is the reason
that we have to wait
though ive been on this forum
night and day
nothing changes
on here today

Clerks I also agree with you about the excitement of holding out and having to wait to get home and listen to it. Get's released here in Aus on the 27th feb, which is a friday. Not only will i be home time happy for the end of the week but Ill have a sexy box set sitting under my desk all day. I think friday night drinks will get a miss that week... I cant wait till lunch time that day to run down to the city and get it!:hyper:

Isn't it true that the second it leaks that you'll update the thread at the top of the page?

Seeing as file sharing of commercial material is frowned upon, I don't think its a good idea to update the thread with leak news. I think it will be pretty obvious here when it does leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom