Observations from a HTDAAB "virgin"...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
I've got to admit, it's been extremely interesting being a HTDAAB "virgin" and reading all the reactions in this forum over the past couple of weeks. (With ATYCLB, I listened to all the leaks, and I'm trying something different this time, but that's another story...)

I have obviously noticed a lot of raving, positive comments about the album. This doesn't surprise me of course, I mean, look where I am - a massive, hard-core U2 fan site.

But the one thing I've noticed that really excites me more than anything else is how VARIED the opinions are about the individual songs on the album. Remember, I've only heard Vertigo so far, so it's interesting to see how Vertigo compares to other songs on the album, in the minds of those who have already listened. Kinda' cool to see that many rank it about halfway down on their list of favorites on the album...makes me think I've got a lot to look forward to.

I also find it interesting that I've almost seen every song on the album be referred to as "the best song on the album" by the different folks out there. THAT is very encouraging to someone who hasn't heard a lick yet. To me, it means that this album has some serious depth, and I like that thought. I was here when ATYCLB was released, and I remember most folks only raving about 3 or 4 songs on the album. With HTDAAB, it seems like virtually every song has been raved about by at least one person.

Well, I'll be watching SNL tonight so I guess I'll hear a few songs for the first time...not sure which, but still it should be exciting. But I'm most looking forward to next Tuesday when I'll purchase the disc and sit down for pure listening bliss on my home stereo with CD booklet in hand.

It'll be cool at that time to form my own opinions, and see how they jive and/or contrast with fellow Interferencers. Until that time...

Good observations, I've kinda had similar impressions (I too hadnt heard anything other than Vertigo until tonight when I watched SNL).

It's interesting to see there are some other people like me who downloaded ATYCLB as fast as you could when it was leaked, but decided to not download any of the new album. Right on :up:

Back
Top Bottom