Oasis do charity concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what the?

this is certainly a piece of surprising behaviour by a group that proclaims itself as (whatever they are)

at least its a good change for their image from that sex, drugs and rock n roll stuff

now if only they could write tunes that eliminates the "all bark and no bite" tag that we associate with bands like limp bizkit, the backstreet boys. its been embarrassing effort after embarrassing effort since the release of "Be Here Now"

Originally posted by CrashedCarDriver:
what the?

LOL, I know it's suprising. They did a benefit concert at the Royal Albert Hall (in London) to raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust. I know there are more concerts later this week, I think there's The Who, and Paul Weller, can't remember who else.

I like Oasis
smile.gif

Oasis rocks!!!!!! 2nd best band in the world after U2

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

Yeah i just read a news article about it-here it is

Oasis shed bad boy image for charity gig
3:23pm Thursday, 07th February 2002

Oasis have buried their bad boy image to head the bill for a charity concert on their best behaviour.

The once-feuding Gallagher brothers - formerly known for swearing and knocking back booze - kept the expletives to a minimum.

They touched little more than water and coffee as they played at London's Royal Albert Hall for the Teenage Cancer Trust to help young sufferers of the disease at the invitation of The Who.

Singer Liam Gallagher's most outrageous act of the night was to hurl a bottle into the crowd, but even then he apologised and told the audience: "It's only plastic."

It was the band's debut performance at the venue and their first major gig this year, following a low key warm-up last night at Watford Coliseum.

But Liam teased fans with the promise of more shows later in the year.

"See you in the summer," he told them as the band finished their encore, a cover of The Beatles classic I am The Walrus.

Earlier Paul Weller - a close friend of the band - had joined them for Don't Look Back in Anger although he had to be summoned to the stage by the crowd.

Guitarist Noel Gallagher pointed out he should have been on stage but had diverted to the bar. But the crowd's chant of "Weller, Weller" brought him to the stage.

The benefit show should raise thousands for the charity and will be followed this week by gigs by The Who and Weller.

Oasis have really matured as a band and as people. I think they genuinely want to leave the old Oasis behind, and go forward with the new one. Despite what they may say, they want to be that huge again, and I think this won't be the last we hear of them. They're gonna LIVE FOREVER!

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by CrashedCarDriver:
its been embarrassing effort after embarrassing effort since the release of "Be Here Now"

When someone makes a statement like "its been embarassing effort after embarassing effort", it would lead one to believe that Oasis have put out a number of albums since BE HERE NOW. There's been just one since. Please know thyself and thy music before making such 'powerful' statements. Gracias.

------------------
Mac Phisto's N.Y. Headquarters

Back
Top Bottom