New album talk - album coming when fish start riding bicycles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Henry Rollins fake debut of Vertigo was infuriating enough. With friends like U2.com who needs enemies?

oh nooooo... had to sleep last night and missed everything - dare i ask what happened?

oh nooooo... had to sleep last night and missed everything - dare i ask what happened?

U2.com's big cool surprise was an exclusive first-look at the Mandela movie trailer, which features ~60 seconds of a new U2 song called Ordinary Love.

and the French radio station never played it, not that they were supposed to.

U2.com's big cool surprise was an exclusive first-look at the Mandela movie trailer, which features ~60 seconds of a new U2 song called Ordinary Love.

and the French radio station never played it, not that they were supposed to.

thanks!

From the first notes on the synth you can tell DM was behind this, I was hoping their work together wouldn't contain too many of his hallmarks, maybe bring out something new in each of them, but I am certainly digging this in spite of some similarities to his past work. The intro reminds me of the latter half of NLOTH, there's some Zooropa era vibes as well and an interesting vocal approach from Bono and U2's patented takeoff even in a song that didn't seem to be headed in that direction at first blush. I'm excited. It's an interesting meeting of the minds to be sure.

It would be pretty cool if this was an extra track from their work together and we're not going to be limited to just 11-12 tracks, but knowing latter day U2 it'll likely make the album.

Damn, not a surprise I was expecting today after all the radio silence. :hyper::hyper:

Actually I like it. It's actually a fresh sound for U2, catchy and commercial but not boring. It's very keyboard-led, but some cool wah guitars can be heard at some points.

It sounds like it has the potential to be a good, fresh record, which I'm already very happy about

Just curious...for the experts on these matters, does the music in that clip sound "new" and "fresh" and is it pushing the envelope in a revolutionary way?

i don't know, but it sounds like nothing i've heard from U2 before (apart from the first two notes when i thought uh oh, Cedars, then it went in a completely different direction) in the rhythms, piano, arrangements etc., though warmly familiar too (B-man's voice)... hard to say from just a minute-long, edited clip, but i reckon it could potentially be a "big" song - towards the end, the piano/rhythms/vocals remind me a little of 80s Waterboys anthems (in the best possible way, BIG compliment coming from me btw LOL), with that uplifting, big sound

Just curious...for the experts on these matters, does the music in that clip sound "new" and "fresh" and is it pushing the envelope in a revolutionary way?

It doesn't remind me of anything they've already done. But I'd like to hear the full song.

Has potential.

The keyboard sound is nice and Bono's voice sounds good.
I expect(ed) different from the DM stuff though. This has a very MOR Coldplay feel, which isn't very DM at all.
I am beginning to wonder if this type of sound is all they can do at this point. Adult and pleasant.

I got a bit of an Electrical Storm vibe from it. Not the music or melody or mood, but in the way that it seems to be a "bridge". I guess even HMTMKMKM could be lumped into this category. Roots in the past, but pointing to what might come/ is coming... I don't know. I'm excited to hear the whole thing, and for this to hopefully open the floodgate of information about the new album.

It's ok I guess.

Now, bout that Rattle & Hum remaster and Lovetown show, bring it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom