New Album - inc 'Invisible' - discussion of Hangar Clips, Super Bowl and Amy Poehler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it really inconceivable that following the Super Bowl ad, Invisible, the album's first single, would be made available for download, with some or all proceeds going to the (RED) campaign?

I mean, it doesn't have to be an either/or situation.

it's been said before.. but now it seems like they're plan is to release a few songs in advance, leading up to the album.

maybe MAYBE Ordinary Love was part of the album promo plan all along. the timing does seem awful nice publicity-wise

Bono would never overshadow his own baby (RED),which is what would had happen if Invisible was also the lead single of the new album.

:bono:

Guy, guys, I’ve got an idea.

Let’s spend $4,000,000 on buying a Super Bowl ad, and spend heaps on an expensive production of said ad.

Let’s use it to launch a new song that has nothing to do with our upcoming album.

Let’s then make it about (RED) and say that somewhere between a portion and all proceeds from the song go to (RED)!

So all we have to do is spend a minimum of $4million, and then if the song sells as much as top flight singles do these days, (RED) might make a hundred grand or so!

With this amazing plan of mine, there is absolutely no benefit to anyone!

LET’S DO IT!

Oh yes, let's make fun of someone on Interference who identifies strongly with U2.
That has been a while ........

I don't get this cynicism either. It's common in sports and everywhere to say "we" if the team you support and identify with is successful. This forum has reached a real low by making fun of fans who are proud of their band and happy for them. It's almost like you have to justify yourself for supporting the band. You Tube and random reader comments with online articles aren't much worse, really.

Oh yes, let's make fun of someone on Interference who identifies strongly with U2.
That has been a while ........

Well, maybe if the same poster hadn't said U2 was ashamed of all of us and told us to get the fuck out, the reaction might be a bit different.. :)

Just a thought.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to contact MTV about collecting my 6 gold astronauts.

Well, maybe if the same poster hadn't said U2 was ashamed of all of us and told us to get the fuck out, the reaction might be a bit different.. :)

Just a thought.
Ah yes, the kindergarten sandbox rules
My apologies, continue
:der:

keep-calm-cause-we-did-it.png

I don't know about you guys, but when I heard the news, my fist was in the air for at least 25 seconds. I told 6 of my coworkers about it too.

Great news that they are nominated! When I saw on the nomination that the songs writers were Paul Hewson and Dave Evans, (also Larry and Adam are credited) not Bono and Edge, I thought that was a bit strange? Have they used their real names before like this?

The Oscar President said they were also known as U2, or words to that effect in case people didn't know who Paul and Dave were hehe

Really happy for the band! It sure looks as if a great year is ahead of the band, I'm really happy for them and excited for us fans!!!

Really happy for the band! It sure looks as if a great year is ahead of the band, I'm really happy for them and excited for us fans!!!

I'm currently feeling like this year can go either way. If the new single isn't great and the band chickens out on releasing the album in April, then it's going to be a very challenging year in regards to being a fan of this band.

I'm currently feeling like this year can go either way. If the new single isn't great and the band chickens out on releasing the album in April, then it's going to be a very challenging year in regards to being a fan of this band.

you say that as if the last couple of years haven't been challenging :D

i'm not worried about waiting for June if they feel they need to tweak stuff a bit longer, but if they did chicken out big time and didn't release the album at all this year, i reckon it would be time for them to MAN-UP or GET THE FUCK OUT!

(sorry... late to the party but couldn't resist :D)

I don't know about you guys, but when I heard the news, my fist was in the air for at least 25 seconds. I told 6 of my coworkers about it too.

I must not be a very good fan. Really, it doesn't matter to me one bit that they were nominated. I never cared whether they were nominated for Grammy's or any other awards either. I mean, I'm happy for them I guess, that's great. But I can't say it makes me excited, or changes my life one iota. U2 being nominated for an award doesn't make me like their music any more, and not being nominated doesn't make me like it any less. Maybe because I just don't have a lot of respect for music awards (particularly the Grammys) in general. For the most part, they're popularity contests and aren't really reflective of how good the art is.

I'm really not knocking anyone for whom this kind of thing is important, it's fine (though I have always thought the "we" thing was kind of funny, even in sports). I also don't care about what's going on with their families, where they took their holiday, etc. So maybe you could say I'm more an "admirer of their music" than a true "fan". Because for me, all I really care about is the music itself...that's what gets me excited.

I must not be a very good fan. Really, it doesn't matter to me one bit that they were nominated. I never cared whether they were nominated for Grammy's or any other awards either. I mean, I'm happy for them I guess, that's great. But I can't say it makes me excited, or changes my life on iota. U2 being nominated for an award doesn't make me like their music any more, and not being nominated doesn't make me like it any less. Maybe because I just don't have a lot of respect for music awards (particularly the Grammys) in general. For the most part, they're popularity contests and aren't really reflective of how good the art is.

I'm really not knocking anyone for whom this kind of thing is important, it's fine (though I have always thought the "we" thing was kind of funny, even in sports). I also don't care about what's going on with their families, where they took their holiday, etc. So maybe you could say I'm more an "admirer of their music" than a true "fan". Because for me, all I really care about is the music itself...that's what gets me excited.

Oh, I was 100% joking. :)

Back
Top Bottom