New Album Discussion (Is Headache Going To The Superbowl?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the sectarism of fans, it's just delicious.:wink:
No one can ever dare to say something negative or that it's not very flattering about the band and a whole flock comes over that user with all sorts of non-sense irony and all sorts of excuses to avoid discussing a reversed opinion or prism of seeing the band.

OMG!!!11 We're all blind sheep!!!111

No one can ever dare to say something negative or that it's not very flattering about the band and a whole flock comes over that user with all sorts of non-sense irony and all sorts of excuses to avoid discussing a reversed opinion or prism of seeing the band.

that's not entirely true. sure you will always have some that will defend things to the end (you are on a fan board afterall), but there are many that will openly criticize, and make sound points in doing so.

but I haven't seen anyone present a sound argument about what makes this song sound derivative of Coldplay. tell me, what about the song makes it sound like something off X&Y? your claim seems silly because it sounds like you're believe that Coldplay hold the patent to pop music that incorporates piano, bass and drums.

As my 4 year old daugher was playing piano on my tablet last night, she turned to me for my approval. I looked at her sternly and said "you're nothing but a Coldplay ripoff."

She hung her head in shame, grabbed her stuffed pony and then decided to go to bed early.

Coldplay

Jerry-Lee-Lewis-4.JPG.jpg

My sources confirm that Chris Martin tickled the ivory on the album version of "New Year's Day". :yes:

(note: "Tickled the ivory" is not intended to be a euphemism for masturbation. Such interpretation would require me to change the prepositional phrase in the sentence above to "to the album version of "New Year's Day".).

As my 4 year old daugher was playing piano on my tablet last night, she turned to me for my approval. I looked at her sternly and said "you're nothing but a Coldplay ripoff."

She hung her head in shame, grabbed her stuffed pony and then decided to go to bed early.

The stuffed pony was probably an homage to the video for Para-para-paradise.

She's doomed.

Am the only one who, with a few exceptions, think coldplay sounds absolutely nothing like U2? I mean holy hell

In a nutshell, perhaps this is the mind-set of a few fans on here overall (not that there's anything wrong with that):

Guitar-based songs with vocal hooks over them: ewww....

Songs that are an easier listen overall with non-threatening melodies over them (i.e., "Coldplay ripoff"): ewww....

Songs with ambient/"experimental" feel or Bono talking about journalists in Lebanon: YAY! :D

"A lot of people are disagreeing with me, therefore they must all have the problem, not me."

Nice strawman, pal.

:laugh:

Welcome to Interference. Get used to it. :wave:

Thanks! This place seems to provide top notch entertainment! Who needs TV? :corn:

I think we should tune in to Dave Fanning Radio show today since he will be playing "Ordinary Love", plus hopefully give us some exclusive insight on the new album (maybe).........:shifty:

Listening to full Ordinary Love in all it's glory. Mighty mighty tune.

Don't know about posting links tho.

OMG!!! OMG!!! Someone from our "sect" said that the new song in 4 years sounds like Coldplay-trying-to-sound-like-U2... Blasphemy! Blasphemy!!! Ahahahah
So, from that point of view, it's more like the blind sheeps against the black sheeps.

Dude... Your comment makes no sense.

Feel free to trash the band all you want. But don't make a statement that makes no sense, get called out for not making any sense, and say that we're the ones who are all crazy.

Perhaps you'd like to clarify your statement... cause it reads like some big weird circle of misplaced logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom