New Album Discussion: Electric Lady Studios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. If the album is being mixed now, early June, it will most likely be completely finished and ready for release by the fall. I think we will see the U2 press/hype machine start to kick in soon. I would guess first single is released by September at the latest, with accompanying video and at least a month of pre-release interviews, promo gigs, late night show gigs, etc. October or November album release. Tour starts early next year. We are getting really close.

:drool: Oh yeah!

And that Beck song is horrible. How can Broken Bells be boring, but Beck is brilliant? :tsk: It's just white noise!

Update: sources tell Billboard that the band is aiming to release their next album in December, although no plans have yet been finalized.

There is no confirmed title for the album, although "Songs of Ascent" and "10 Reasons to Exist" have been rumored.

I haven't heard the latter title, though I think it's an incredibly lame one.

It's just a quote from Bono that's been lost in translation and for whatever reason (read: shitty blogging/journalism) has been picked up as a possible name for the album.

December?

That doesn't seem likely to me. They release it in December, then they have to do all the initial promo stuff right in the middle of the holidays when they would want to be with their families. I still say September-October.

December?

That doesn't seem likely to me. They release it in December, then they have to do all the initial promo stuff right in the middle of the holidays when they would want to be with their families. I still say September-October.

I agree. December does seem a bit odd. Once December rolls around, it always feels like the year is already over, in terms of music releases. Not very many big name albums drop in December.

I mean, for the most part, all the print and online publications have their "Top 50 Albums of the Year" lists written already near the start of December.

But, who knows? It's obviously still a possibility. Just seems a bit strange. October or November seem way better for everything involved.

:down: No Way for December - won't happen. I was connected in a fringe business to the entertainmet industry (in fact we had a shot at designing Bomb Packaging) and there wouldn't be a reason for UMG to do it then - it's like a black hole for releases. Oct/Nov or 2014 maybe March... But my belief would be this year, I wonder they take holiday time in Eze early to mid summer then crank up the promotions after that. Not sure if anyone else has noticed but in my part of the world terrestial radio is playing them more and more...:hmm:

Maybe U2 made a Christmas-themed album.

:lol::lol::applaud::applaud:

That would be hilarious, I'd love it if the new record was really a bunch of holiday tunes, if for no other reason than to see the heads explode around here.

Hey, is there a decent recording of their cover of Happy Christmas (War is Over)? All I can find is a crappy garbled performance video on Youtube. Did they ever make a proper recording of this like Christmas Baby or Father Christmas?

If it's a Oct/Nov release, then we'll have a single by the last week of August. We should have some stories in July from the normal sources (Rolling Stone) and lots more band member quotes. August will bring forth song titles, at the very least for the single...and maybe even the album name.

If we get through July with nothing, either U2 are really going for the secretive release, or we won't have an album this year.

I really doubt this December news unless we hear more about it, especially from Dallas or a band member. What "source" are they talking about, anyway? That is a weird time to release an album, and why would it take them six more months to work on it if they're already mixing it now? That would only give them a lot of time to second-guess themselves and rework everything. :no: I am still a little worried that there will be a delay, though, after what happened in 2008... So I really hope Billboard is wrong!

If the Grammys are still relevant to them, they'll consider the 2013 deadline and release a single before it. September? Same formula as All That... And Bomb. Those albums had a release date of October 31st and 3rd week of November. If this isn't important, they'll go past the holidays to drop the 1st single like No Line's release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom