New album discussion: After despair comes acceptance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, there you have it, I wonder how quickly this news will spread, but I guess not as quickly as the "bad" ones, as always.

Though I like a clear situation and official statements it also rubs me the wrong way that the band and management are kind of blackmailed into speaking out publicly by the current uproar. Just because a few hundred hard core fans are in a disproportional panic mode and tabloid newspapers are picking up on the story .... of course they would, they love a good drama. :rolleyes:

Damn!!Just when I had prepared myself for a 2015 release. Have to change my thought process once again:doh:

On a sidenote, people are really confusing One Direction with One Republic?

No....stop... if you've made that mistake it's too late to apologize.

I still don't understand how their spokesperson makes a statement to The Guardian about all of this, when U2 can just 'sign' a press release and put it on U2.com, like they did with Paul McG's departure. Are they that busy or tight-lipped? Or they hate putting out statements? :lol:

I still think the most likely scenario is that they're not satisfied with where the album stands but aren't starting from scratch either. That's why they've brought in Epworth and Tedder to try to take it to the next level. And I think most of us believe Epworth did that with Ordinary Love. We also know that Epworth is already doing this work, after he tweeted that picture from the studio on Friday. This type of work should mean a few month delay, not a delay to 2015.

I still think the most likely scenario is that they're not satisfied with where the album stands but aren't starting from scratch either. That's why they've brought in Epworth and Tedder to try to take it to the next level. And I think most of us believe Epworth did that with Ordinary Love. We also know that Epworth is already doing this work, after he tweeted that picture from the studio on Friday. This type of work should mean a few month delay, not a delay to 2015.

Yeah. Like I (and I think you as well) said last week, delaying the album until 2015 when we're just two-plus months into 2014 simply didn't add up. I'm sure the target date is pushed back a bit for the release, but no idea why they'd just punt on the golden goose of Christmas/holiday sales already.

Plus, again, some stuff I really can't share that I heard last week lends credence to the notion that U2 will be touring early next year.

I still don't understand how their spokesperson makes a statement to The Guardian about all of this, when U2 can just 'sign' a press release and put it on U2.com, like they did with Paul McG's departure. Are they that busy or tight-lipped? Or they hate putting out statements? :lol:

modern technology and all that :lol:

Yeah. Like I (and I think you as well) said last week, delaying the album until 2015 when we're just two-plus months into 2014 simply didn't add up. I'm sure the target date is pushed back a bit for the release, but no idea why they'd just punt on the golden goose of Christmas/holiday sales already.

Plus, again, some stuff I really can't share that I heard last week lends credence to the notion that U2 will be touring early next year.

Exactly. Could I see the tour not starting until early 2015? Absolutely. But I'll be very surprised if we don't have the album by December.

I'm going to say fall of this year is the most likely time. If they're gonna work on it a few more months, it makes no sense to release it in August, when they could just wait 2 more months (we know they like to wait) and put it out in October and have it be part of Black Friday and Christmas... I guess people still buy CDs in stores?

Maybe a 2nd album will come out midway through the tour? I doubt it, they literally always say they're going to have another quick followup, and so far have only done so one time. (The 80s don't count).

Someone else said it already, but I think the tour got pushed to 2015 and Billboard made an assumption that the album had been pushed to 2015 as well.

My guess is the album will be out late summer or sometime in the fall of this year. Tour next year, this goes back to their normal album/tour time frame. Fall release, tour the following year. They are probably taking the tour leg they planned to do this year and tacking it towards the end of the tour cycle. (sort of like they did with the Vertigo tour due to the Edge's family health issues)

Seems like the situation is kind of semi fluid at the moment with the album. I wish we would hear some comments from Larry about the state of things. They would probably be the most accurate. I think it will be out this year, when this year is the question obviously.

Someone else said it already, but I think the tour got pushed to 2015 and Billboard made an assumption that the album had been pushed to 2015 as well.

I second!

It makes no sense to not at least TRY to have it out by the end of the year.

I hope this 2014 official statement is not a reaction to the bad press and negative fan abuse from the original billboard article. Maybe the 2015 release is still correct, this is just a way to get everybody of u2's backs for the next few months. Surely a guy like Neil McCormick wouldn't tweet about the delay, if it was not somewhat factual?

I hope this 2014 official statement is not a reaction to the bad press and negative fan abuse from the original billboard article. Maybe the 2015 release is still correct, this is just a way to get everybody of u2's backs for the next few months. Surely a guy like Niel McCormick wouldn't tweet about the delay, if it was not somewhat factual?

Yea... that was my first thought

Now I'm fckin stoked again!! I knew all that BS about pushing an album out to 2015 this early in 2014 was freaking hogwash!!!! Release the DM album in June, another later in the year at Xmas and tour the doors off both of them for the next 2 years!!!! U2 is not dead, they are still the most popular band in the world and their tours are stuff of legend and I'm not ready for 360 to be the last one!!!!

This is what I've been saying from the begining, but then people were convinced Billboard never prints anything that can possibly be considered false.

My guess is the album will be out late summer or sometime in the fall of this year. Tour next year, this goes back to their normal album/tour time frame. Fall release, tour the following year. They are probably taking the tour leg they planned to do this year and tacking it towards the end of the tour cycle. (sort of like they did with the Vertigo tour due to the Edge's family health issues)

Seems like the situation is kind of semi fluid at the moment with the album. I wish we would hear some comments from Larry about the state of things. They would probably be the most accurate. I think it will be out this year, when this year is the question obviously.

I'll go ahead and stand by this. :up:

Back
Top Bottom