New 18 Minute Beachclips Continued!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for your sneakiness, my friend. i'm very excited after listening to them all.

....i just have a question.
were these hard to get?
were the beaches crowded? was there any kind of security?
is everyone there now, since U2 sites are posting news of the band's presence in Eze? =)

U2DMfan said:
link no working
stream server is down

someone help a brutha out

http://www.save file.com/files.php?fid=9781313 works for me right now (with the space removed, of course).

If it's still not working for you, I'll put each MP3 up on send space individually.

angelordevil said:

You know, I've just listened to it again. It really sounds like Chris Martin singing an Arcade Fire song...with a Depeche Mode electronic beat at the very end.

Time for bed :crack:

The very end I think is a seperate song. (from the 1:55 mark)

Axver said:

http://www.save file.com/files.php?fid=9781313 works for me right now (with the space removed, of course).

If it's still not working for you, I'll put each MP3 up on send space individually.

well that link worked, so I don't know what the deal was before.

I'm trying to download it, although these big files (I'm on dialup) cut off when they last up to an hour. So whatever you feel like doing, I'm really just interested in the stuff outside of that first 8 mintue clip. Like what the fuck 409 is.

Which file is which and what was on the first 8 mintue clip
( I have that one) and which is new??

I looked over these threads but there was so much nonsense going on, my brain threw it all out when it got fed up.

These are so cool. Talk about a sneak preview.

I'm thinking of polishing up one of the songs, and next time my band plays, introducing it to the bar as "a U2 song that hasn't even been written yet."

:)

jacobus said:
all the clips are 2004 leftovers :ohmy:

:confused: uhh...do you have any proof of this?? it's quite possible but...

U2DMfan - 400 is the song at the very end of the 9 minute clip, the one people said sounded like Clocks (though I really didn't get that comparison)

402 was the first song in the clip, 403 the second (thank you for the day), 404 the third. 409 seems to end abruptly (though something else starts at the end of it, so it's unclear if that's a continuation of the same song or a new song altogther), but the general consensus is it sounds like it was influenced by The Arcade Fire.

hope that helps :)

U2DMfan said:

well that link worked, so I don't know what the deal was before.

I'm trying to download it, although these big files (I'm on dialup) cut off when they last up to an hour. So whatever you feel like doing, I'm really just interested in the stuff outside of that first 8 mintue clip. Like what the fuck 409 is.

Which file is which and what was on the first 8 mintue clip
( I have that one) and which is new??

I looked over these threads but there was so much nonsense going on, my brain threw it all out when it got fed up.

The songs from the 9 minute clip are more complete on the 18 minute one. I'm putting the files up individually now, 409 first and then I'll go in numerical order.

AtomicBono said:
U2DMfan - 400 is the song at the very end of the 9 minute clip, the one people said sounded like Clocks (though I really didn't get that comparison)

Yeah, if someone thinks that sounds like clocks, then a hell of a lot of piano songs sound like clocks!

404 is one of my favourites so far

Here's two more new songs. I've already tagged them with their fan working titles.

400/Can't You See
http://www.send space.com/file/8crrv2

402/I Believe
http://www.send space.com/file/44dumv

Hopefully no more than another 10 minutes on the final two. My uploads are being annoyingly slow.

Man after messing with the mix, sounds like there's strings, at least synth strings in the chours of 400.

This is very promising!

Sing with me:

Ahh-ha
Heeeeeeeeeee-ha ha ha ha ya
Ahh-ha
Heeeeeeeeeee-ha ha ha ha ya

Let me get this straight. I last visited this forum yesterday. 24 hours later there are two closed threads and one on 16 pages. Wow that's fast. Did people stay up overnight?

What's with all the numbers? 400? 402? Are the things on U2Exit the only ones out at the moment?

Hey, it seems that they've found a new effect besides the waves and the air... A dog! Just check out "Thank you/403" around 2:10.

Another remark: while there are no spanish guys shouting in this clips, listen carefully at "Can't you see/400" at the 3:51 mark, and you'll hear an "allora", which means "so then" in Italian.

I'm surprised that no one said that Edge's chords during the opening verse of "All my life/404" sound like a medieval song. And the sting and chorus Canadiens1160 talks about, also sounds medieval-ish. Maybe this

But all things said, All my life and I believe sound REALLY good, and All my life sounds like it would be a HUGE epic track to listen live. They DO fit in this U2 era, although it's also in a more experimental way (kind of like R&H and Pop were). Don't know about 409, but anyway... I reserve my final judgement until I hear the finished versions of the songs, so please U2: don't overproduce this album!

Could someone please upload song 404 only to S**efile please? I only have internet access at work, and S**efile is the only site that 'they' haven't blocked (yet!). I can't access YSI, Sendspace, R****share etc. I was able to download the zip file from S**efile OK - for some reason 404 won't unzip, although the rest did. It said there was an "Error reading file", whatever that means. Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Morgoth321 said:
Could someone please upload song 404 only to please? I only have internet access at work, and is the only site that 'they' haven't blocked (yet!). I can't access YSI, Sendspace, etc. I was able to download the zip file from OK - for some reason 404 won't unzip, although the rest did. It said there was an "Error reading file", whatever that means. Many thanks in advance.
Where do you want it uploaded?

Trying to upload file says fileserver full. Whats your email?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom