New 18 Minute Beachclips Continued!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All kinds of resemblances made here: Coldplay, Led Zeppelin, but:

Who agrees with me:

track 409 sounds a bit like early OMD (Orchestral Manouvres in the Dark)...

Well?

Salome said:
I know someone somewhere said that he/she wishes for Lanois to produce the next album on his own

I saw Lanois live a couple of years ago
and all I can say is that the man is music
he doesn't live for music, he IS music

so I concur with the Lanois as sole producer of these yummie sounding tracks

Yeah, that was me. This man IS one of the most talented and magical musicians living today. Just listen to that pedal steel on his Thank You performance. My god! I really really NEED to see him perform live some day too. It's at the top of my list. This is the man that inspired me to go for a major in Audio Production when I start college this fall.

His solo productions are so special, moreso than when he worked with Eno on U2's albums. I'd really love to see what he could do alone with the band this time around.

Zooropean103 said:
Well I just woke up... so there's no 27 minute beach clips yet? :wink:

yeah that's what I was thinkin!! :lol: I was hoping they would continue to grow everyday like a crystal or something :wink: plus I really want to know what's up with the end of 409...love that bassline that starts... did the guy just stop recording, or did U2 stop playing the song??

Lancemc - what college are you attending? I'm curious because I want to major in audio production as well... I was lookin at the Recorded Music program at NYU, looks really cool...

AtomicBono said:

Lancemc - what college are you attending? I'm curious because I want to major in audio production as well... I was lookin at the Recorded Music program at NYU, looks really cool...

Well, I'm going to American University in Washington D.C. They have a great audio/multimedia department in the College of Arts and Sciences. Plus you really can't beat the campus and City. Well, New York would have been my first choice city-wise, I love that city, but D.C. really is something all its own as well. The A.U. campus is a National Arboretum too, which basically means it's absolutely gorgeous. Plus, it seems like everyone there just happens to be the singles nicest person you've ever met. It's defeinitely the most friendly school I've ever seen. Definitely check it out if you're looking for that major. I'm sure you already know that very few schools around the Mid-Atlantic offer that kind of course.

Songs 402 and 404 sound pretty much like the same song with 404 being a more finished version of 402. The guitar work is almost identical but im not a great fan of the "all my life" chorus in 404. Also, song 400 appears to be the same song heard in the youtube video last week but with a piano instead of the guitar sound heard on youtube. I think that the guitar version shows much more promise than the piano at the moment. What do you think?

beach06-front.jpg

It's the only size I made, should fit a jewelcase when printed... I think.

Upon second listening I'd rank the song like this:

"All my life" (single material. great chorus and interesting solo, the verse sounds Beatle-like)
402 (hopefully a chorus to work with the great guitar)
400 (channeling Lennon and McCartney, just like OOTS)
409 (only due to such a short recording), interesting! The Strokes influence, anyone? Lovely Edge backing vocals.
Thank you might be the official "ballad". I can hear strings now.

I liked all of what I heard so far, some of has links to the pop of ATYCLB like 400 and verse of All my life. Seriously catchy, too.
A bit more ethereal with 402 and 409 though.

Last edited:
Can't get enough of the "ooooh ooooh oooooh ooooh" background Edge vocals in 409. (or is it Bono?)

Reggie Thee Dog said:
All My Life = :drool: :drool: :drool:

:yes:

I find that I'm singing the chorus to myself as I work, play, sleep... I really :love: this and hope this will be released officially someday

Beach Clip Sluts unite! :dance: :drool:

Okay, just listened to the clips right now.

I'm liking the piano on 400, in fact I like it a lot.

I love the guitar on 402, reminds me a little of some other brit music. Who did the soundtrack for 28 Days Later? Reminds me a little of that in parts. After one listen-through, I think this is my favorite so far.

U2girl said:
A bit more ethereal

I think that's only because they're beach clips. Miracle Drug also sounded ethereal as a beach clip. Production can always kill it.

I meant the music itself, not the quality of the beach clips. MD to me, apart from the booming chorus, is ethereal. (not that I ever heard the beach clip)
:shrug:

onyourkneesboy said:
All kinds of resemblances made here: Coldplay, Led Zeppelin, but:

Who agrees with me:

track 409 sounds a bit like early OMD (Orchestral Manouvres in the Dark)...

Well?

In the first half of the song, the guitars sound like the OMD song Enola Gay. The rest seems a little like OMD. But just a little.

TheEdge1987 said:
Songs 402 and 404 sound pretty much like the same song with 404 being a more finished version of 402. The guitar work is almost identical but im not a great fan of the "all my life" chorus in 404.

errwha?? the guitar doesn't really sound the same to me at all, and the melodies are completely different :huh:

I would say 409 sounds the most "ethereal" of these songs and it would fit nicely with Mercy.

U2Man said:
Why shouldn't we listen to these songs using headphones? :confused:

i hear ya. they sound fine on my ipod.

on the same subject, any good audio people out there who could potentially enhance the music and try to eliminate the waves and other noises?

one other note, in think "Thank You" is extremely underrated so far. it sounds like it could be the most haunting song U2 has ever done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom