MERGED-->RARHOF Broadcast + rock n hall of fame... u2 at the rock n roll hall of fame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great job by Springsteen. I think he will turn up at one of U2's shows in the next couple of months as they are both touring the US at the same time.

Okay, I've made a TAR out of the MP3s instead. You should be able to extract this with pretty much anything (Winrar, Powerarchiver, etc).

http://72.21.39.154/rrhof.tar

Wait about 25 minutes before downloading this, as I'm still uploading it. I'm heading out, but I wanted to put this up before I left. So grab it around 12:10PM central time. Hopefully this will work out better :) Sorry for the problems!

hey gorman, unfortunately it didn't work for me either. it downloaded but inside the zip folder there's only a 1 kb file with nothing on it. :( but thanks so much anyway and hopefully we can get this fixed or as you mentioned, put in a different format.

U2 completely OWNED that show. I mean, Buddy Guy, Clapton, and BB King, I thought man, that's pretty cool... but U2 comes on and does Until the End of the World and totally just ROCKS the place! U2 had practically an hour of the show to themselves and played more songs than anyone and had the longest induction speech. And what a speech it was. :bow: The Boss! :bow: Beautiful, beautiful speech. Very quote-worthy. I don't think anyone better could have inducted them, because that was fantastic. Then U2 comes on, and did anyone else notice how everyone was clapping to the beat of New Year's Day? Very cool, like they were actually at a concert...and they continued clapping even after the music stopped. I loved all of my boys' speeches. Loved how Bono took a stab at the current music industry...it is VERY true, there would NOT be a U2 today. I don't know if it's possible for a band to have success like U2 has today. I really don't think it is... bands can't live that long now. They can't survive. They get too big too fast and then fall away. Bono's Kodak moments were wonderful too, especially the third...I'd heard it before of course but just hearing him say it made me almost cry. What a fucking great band. Then of course the performances...the band was in top shape. This tour is going to rock. Bono had a lot of power in his voice and brought a freshness to Pride (well, what we saw of it) and Still Haven't Found that I felt were kind of lacking on Elevation... and of course UTEOTW was brilliant. There were some moments when Bono sounded like The Fly, like his Achtung days. His voice is just really amazing and in great shape now!! Vertigo was great too, possibly best performance of it I've seen. This just reminds me of what a great band U2 is and how fucking awesome it's going to be seeing them LIVE!!!

Oh, and I agree with Larry, induct Television into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame! Tom Verlaine :bow:

You guys all know, of course, that if the Bastards (in "Acrobat" parlance, aka the music and film industries) win in the Supreme Court case "MGM vs Grokster" that is being heard on March 29th, all this nifty technology will be pretty much be rendered obsolete. If the case goes aginst Grokster, then most of the new technology that we will be using to dicument and share info about the tour will be declared illegal.

The NY Times had an article on this on Thursday. I posted a link in FYM , I will find it and repost it here.

For me, the scariest thing was finding out that the United States Supreme Court court actually heard a similar case, "Sony Vs Betamax", in 1984, to decide whether VCR's could be declared illegal. The court, which had a more left-leaning makeup than today (think about that, it was the heightof the Reagan era, and Congress was also Democratic), decided, as we all know, in favor of Betamax. SONY was concerned that the prospect of people being allowed to tape programs off of TV would hurt film and TV viewersip.

We all know how THAT panned out, and how the VCR inspired howmany other technologies, which we take for granted today? THINK of what our culture would have like if Sony had won.

That is what is at stake here, folks. This , as the article says, is about SO much more than file-sharing, and so many other things that have nothng to do with film and music would be affected. IN effect, only the Supreme Court could kill progress (in the US anyway), but on March 29, that could very well happen..

What a horrible irony if MGM wins. Vertigo 205 would treat concertgoers to a celebration of new technolgy (as we hear with each passing day), but if this goes throuhg, in stead of a ceelbration, the tour could in some way be about the passing of an era, as people find that the fairttale world insaide the arean will not be reproducable at home, the workplace--or on the street...

Just finished watching the U2 portion of the RRHOF, and I must say this band moves me everytime I see them. The Boss' introduction was awesome, but the boys spoke from their hearts as usual and performed their asses off!

I can't wait for this tour!!!

I have to say that I thought VH1 did a beautiful job with the show. Of course there edits, but I thought they were done well and with incredible taste. In a way, they made the comments come across as more genuine and emotional by cutting in and out of performances as well as swelling backing tracks.

I am not that pissed about Pride, as I am rather bored of the performance of this song and hope it doesn't make the setlist...but the story Bono told about Adam was unbelievable.

Bono was in fine form vocally, thought it was the best his voice has sounded in maybe a decade. He has clearly learned how to control it, and control it with great tone.

Well done VH1, great job.

Last edited:
They didnt work for me because they have invalid characters in the file name...and I dont know how to fix it.

I've also heard the story about Adam, but this time it did seem to have a lot more weight to it. Incredibly moving. My favorite part about the whole thing were the speeches... I agree, I think the way VH1 edited it was well-done.

i agree with all you guys, the things bono, edge, and springsteen were saying were so moving, it was almost like a religious expierence for me. (sniff, sniff,) lol......... these guys are just bad ass no wonder the boss seemed honored to be on the same stage as these guys........did everybody see bono work the crowd grabbed the bottle of bub and spray it on everyone the place went wild!, the guy is smooth, no wonder everywhere their going is SOLD OUT..............just awesome, i'm so so hooked, i'm going to put on the new cd now.....................................sjj2xs

scarlet october said:
^ Couldn't have said it better.:wink:

U2 is the greatest band this world has ever seen ... I'm glad they finally got the recognition they deserve.:)
yeah your right, every album they made has been great, even springsteen said that there song list is amazing, this from a guy who has an album in the top ten albums of all time...........(born to run) btw i thought inducting buddy guy was cool too and having bb king and eric clapton introducing was cool, as you can tell i'm a BIG blues fan, what's also cool i heard that CREAM is getting back together for 4 shows in LOndon, that's gonna be HUGE! almost as big as the U2 tour................................................

neutral said:
There's a teen pop singer named Jojo. :scratch: :shrug: Will have to listen for that next time I watch, I missed it.

Yeah, but 'Jojo' might be a nickname for his oldest daughter Jordan maybe? That would make more sense in 'Ali and Jojo'.

Great, great show. Great speech from the Boss, great speeches from the band, great performances, great everything. VH1 can still be great when it wants to be. Kudos for giving U2 an hour to themselves. And U2.....greatest band in the world. :wink:

I must admit that I almost broke out twice whilst listening to them being Inducted.
Firstly when Edge was thanking everyone, and when Bono discribed how Adam would take a bullet for him.....

You gotta love the four irish guys.....thanks for 25 years of great music....and here's to 25 more.

:bono::edge::adam::larry:

I just started seeding the file, Alan. :up:

namkcuR said:

Yeah, but 'Jojo' might be a nickname for his oldest daughter Jordan maybe? That would make more sense in 'Ali and Jojo'.

Yeah, that's right. I remember reading about the 'Jojo' nickname for Jordan in a U2 book by Dianne Ebertt.

Last edited:
cmb737 said:
Bono was in fine form vocally, thought it was the best his voice has sounded in maybe a decade. He has clearly learned how to control it, and control it with great tone.

That's very true. He has learnt more technique and control so he can get the most out of what he's got - UTEOTW, Pride, and ISHFWILF haven't sounded that good since ZooTV. We're definitely past the vocal low that was Popmart. Edge also sounds like he is in sensational form; I thoroughly enjoyed UTEOTW and Vertigo. That may be the best live Vertigo so far.

Back
Top Bottom