MERGED-->RARHOF Broadcast + rock n hall of fame... u2 at the rock n roll hall of fame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ Couldn't have said it better.:wink:

U2 is the greatest band this world has ever seen ... I'm glad they finally got the recognition they deserve.:)

That was AWESOME- U2 did Awesome performances, I fell in love with Until The End of the World all over Again. And Vertigo sounded really good! The bosses speech was fricken sweet, and I liked the part in Bono's speech about what Adam did for Bono at that concert!
U2 IS THE GREATEST ALWAYS

The third u2 kodak moment made me almost cry. Bono was describing a concert they did in Arizona when they were campaigning for MLK's birthday to be a national holiday. The FBI and people were telling him not to play the show but they did anyways. During the third verse of Pride, he closed his eyes, awaiting the chance to meet his creator, and when he opened his eyes, Adam Clayton was standing in front of him, playing his bass. U2 absolutely is the greatest band of all time....

The third u2 kodak moment made me almost cry. Bono was describing a concert they did in Arizona when they were campaigning for MLK's birthday to be a national holiday. The FBI and people were telling him not to play the show but they did anyways. During the third verse of Pride, he closed his eyes, awaiting the chance to meet his creator, and when he opened his eyes, Adam Clayton was standing in front of him, playing his bass. U2 absolutely is the greatest band of all time....

unosdostres14 said:

That was awesome

Whew, they didn't cut the U2 portion nearly as much as I was afraid they would. It's funny how much I enjoyed the speeches even though I had already read the transcripts! I guess it's one thing to read words and another thing entirely to hear Broooce and the guys in U2's voices saying the words. I'm so glad they left in Bono's "Kodak moments" and his telling the music bigwigs how they and so many great acts who started years ago wouldn't have a chance if they were starting out now, and Larry's saying The Sex Pistols, Television and Patti Smith are in HIS Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (hint, hint!) And didn't it look like Larry was about to cry at one point when Bono was praising him?

The band was totally on fire during the performances. :bow: Bruce and U2 - :combust: :faint:

had to work tonight so but I taped the show at a friends house. Gonna watch it tommorow, cant wait. Sounds like it was awesome

that was actually way better than I expected.

bruce's speech was amazing.

they sounded really great; I like that they played all tunes with just the four of them, no backing tracks/sampled keyboards/guitar parts.

this tour is gonna rock; they looked and sounded confident and in command.

Back
Top Bottom