MERGED -> Propaganda letters anyone? + where do I sign up and join? + After reading..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's perfectly fair that Propaganda subscribers get a $20 discount to join U2.com. After all, they were owed something as they had paid for Propaganda.

But, this thing about getting priority for pre-sales tickets is crazy!!! If someone pays $40 to join, they are no different to someone who's paid $20. What about those of us who paid subscriptions for 15 - 20 years....only to find it ran out with the last issue? Not our fault we couldn't renew our subscription. Yet we get no priority tickets!

A thought on those CODE #'s: This is serious business! I went through it with the Stones on the Licks tour. Went through the fan club to get tix for the club shows. I got the numbers wrong and it slowed me down by about 7 minutes -- enough time to NOT get what I wanted. A word to the wise -- Get them right BEFORE the tickets pop. I was so pissed at myself for not looking at the code beforehand. They can be VERY tricky to read.

new U2 site

getting a wee bit silly now..... think we should all guess when it actually comes on-line i'll go for monday,

p.s. has anyone actually subscribed to the new fan club while the site was "on-line"

If all this u2.com membership gets any of us is a password to a lame pre-sale like they had last time...that would suck. I hope it'll be done something like the old Prop ticket sale was done, only online, but I'm starting to have my doubts now.

I spoke to fanfire today, and they told me not to worry.

The site would be up and running sometime in February (before the tour starts) and the presale stuff was being worked on as we speak. It would definately, 100% be in place by the 4th leg of the tour.:|

FEBRUARY? OMG you are joking right? what about the tickets going on sale in january? and the fact that we cant even sign upto the new fanclub in order to take advantage of the pre-sale

KUEFC09U2 said:
FEBRUARY? OMG you are joking right? what about the tickets going on sale in january? and the fact that we cant even sign upto the new fanclub in order to take advantage of the pre-sale

I was kidding. I'm just so pissed off about the the whole situation and feel that whoever was in charge of this is a total incompetent.

That this site could not be up and running on the album release date is an embarrassment. Aren't they the ones embracing technology but they can't get someone to finish a stupid fucking website in time for the album release?

Give me a break.

LOL jeesus thought you were serious then....... do you think EVERY! member of the new fanclub will be guranteed the tickets?

aticat I have bad feeling it will never be the way it used to be :sad: I really think it will just be some lame password type of crap.

Id wait till the end of the week before giving up.

I just called Fanfire and spoke to a guy who said e-mail the U2 website and explain the situation :/

I couldnt see any e-mail at all !

LMPA, I havent received mine yet either and I'm obviously in Michigan. If it doesnt arrive tomorrow I will email them. Stinks, but its typical of Prop, what can you do? Worst thing that will happen is that I have to pay $40 instead of $20. If they do GA again the priority thing from Prop wont be a HUGE deal (but would still be nice! :lol:) Now if you are going for reserved seating or they dont have GA, the priority thing IS huge then.

I think it's time for Edge to take over the administrative duties of their web site... it would have been done long before the album date, and would probably include a lot more cool stuff than the real one will.

ramblin rose said:
I spoke to fanfire today, and they told me not to worry.

The site would be up and running sometime in February (before the tour starts) and the presale stuff was being worked on as we speak. It would definately, 100% be in place by the 4th leg of the tour.:|

:lmao: :laugh: :lmao:

I could feel the frustration.

Axver said:

I don't think it's even remotely fair. I say the Propaganda membership should just continue on as U2.com membership, forget any fee. Giving Propaganda members an advantage with tickets over people who would've subscribed to Propaganda if they could've is a complete outrage.

I feel absolutely disadvantaged by this and I'm not impressed in the slightest. I'll be happy to just be at any show, but with my vision, the closer the better. However, some person who subscribed to Propaganda who can afford to be five rows further back will end up in front of me, just because I wasn't aware of Propaganda's existence as early as they were.

Bottom line is, all members of U2.com should be treated EQUALLY in the quest for tickets. We're all fans here and Propaganda members shouldn't receive any benefits over any others. Propaganda members DO deserve compensation for issues they did not receive, but this compensation should not be in the form of unfair and discriminatory advantages.

Axver, I wouldn't actually worry about it too much... I have been a Propaganda subscriber for probably 15 years, and on the few occasions that U2 has toured in Australia, they have NEVER given Australian subscribers any sort of priority with booking tickets anyway. Seems as if only people in Europe and the US have gotten this benefit in the past. I'd be interested to ask u2.com if they have any plans to look after the Aussie subscribers, because they've done NOTHING for us ever before... (but I'm not bitter! lol)

Hi folks--my letter came today in New york--to my old address! Luckily i had phoned my old landlord and asked her to keep an eye on it for me and being as nice is she is-she called me today and i picked it up1 but it looks like recent address updates were not--um--updated....

ok, i got the letter, membership card included. it got to my childhood home in Seattle area on wednesday of last week soo all people up there should have gotten it around then. and i just got it forwarded here to Phoenix area :D

now bring on the site! :hyper:

U2SJ said:
aticat I have bad feeling it will never be the way it used to be :sad: I really think it will just be some lame password type of crap.
I think you're right, and what a joke that was last time. The "secret" passwords were posted all over the forums and even sold on ebay...but at least u2.com gave them out for free. I didn't manage to get any tix from it though...thank God for Prop.

just subscribed, used my prop code... All the characters in the code are letters, no numbers. My original prop id # would not work, only the special code. The 'A's' look like 'A's' but they are 'R's' or vice versa. keep clicking the Refresh link in the shopping cart til you see the $20 off coupon. oh and no shipping cost for me. got welcome email, order confirm e-mail, and a 25% off merchandse code e-mail.

:hyper:

Last edited:
just subscribed, used my prop code...

I still can't get through, tried everything. I even tried to order a calendar as well, but it's still asking for a shipping method. The dropdown menu with shipping methods is empty, so there's nothing to choose from....

What a dissapointment..

Back
Top Bottom