MERGED--> Does anyone else love the new video for Sometimes?? + Sometimes video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beli said:
Yimou: "Træd you only away ,, And ang. a possible fare left , so requires you no that remember that. That is a lot nicely from yourself , however i hand over very likely You can when enormous good turn back of which it is topical , when decent never known about decent goes to selvsving catching the concerto reminder more explicit. LOL."

:lol:
That is hilarious.
Babelfish has Danish translations too?

I hate to say it, but I don't think the song will be a top 40 hit. Top 40 hits can get played over and over and over again, whereas this song can't get played over and over and over again, becaue people can get tired of it.
This song compares to Walk On, in that people thought Walk On would be a top 40 radio hit. But it wasn't. Same thing will happen to Sometimes, unfortunately.
IMO, I think Miracle Drug should have been a single. That's a song that I could never get tired of listening, almost like Beautiful Day. They should have released that song as a single, instead of ABOY.

TwoAmericas said:
I hate to say it, but I don't think the song will be a top 40 hit. Top 40 hits can get played over and over and over again, whereas this song can't get played over and over and over again, becaue people can get tired of it.
This song compares to Walk On, in that people thought Walk On would be a top 40 radio hit. But it wasn't. Same thing will happen to Sometimes, unfortunately.
IMO, I think Miracle Drug should have been a single. That's a song that I could never get tired of listening, almost like Beautiful Day. They should have released that song as a single, instead of ABOY.

A matter of opinion, of course :wink:

I never get tired of listening to "Sometimes".

I just had some fun with that translator Beli,, Fun stuff

It really is a great video... fits the song perfectly. Not exciting, not too much going on, very simple yet beautiful. It develops well, intesifying with the song, eventually going into colour. I love the nod to the One video when Bono stops "singing" after "and it's you..." And then toward the end, it shows him again and he doesn't sing at all for the "and it's you when i look in the mirror" part.

Hard to say if this will be a big hit or not... it might be too good for the masses. Kids these days like sugar-coated, formulated crap ballads like Hoobastank's "The Reason" and Maroon 5's "She Will Be Loved." But I dunno, it could have a chance...I could totally see it all over the radio and the kids at my school horribly mangling the falsetto chorus. They're bad enough with Vertigo... :huh: so, we'll see...

oh, and though I've been avoiding trying to make too many PLEBA-esque comments, does anyone else think Bono looks considerably younger without his shades? Those shots on the bed...I was like, wow, looks like Achtung era... :drool:

not sounding arrogant or anything

but i could have made a better video for that song

the whole filming a scene inside an opera theatre was just too cliched

theres just something that misses the mark on newer u2 videos

The video is a cracker.From the start where Bono is singing as he walks down the street to the bit where u2 are playing in the opera house,it all fits the song perfectly:drool: :drool: :drool:
Perfect vid for a perfect song...thanks u2 :|

CrashedCarDriver said:
the whole filming a scene inside an opera theatre was just too cliched

Yeah, it's really cliched to film in the theatre where your deceased father sang opera. Everyone does THAT! :rolleyes:

Saw the video twice this week (but the first time only from the "I don't need to hear you say" line and the second time I missed the handwritten lines).

The opera scenes and Bono's old house are great, I'm not yet sure about the "cool" hood scenes with Bono walking alone. (though these are beautiful at the last chorus and ending, his face is just heart-wrenching at the end)
I didn't care for the song being sped up so much, and is it just me or did Bono miss the note on "stuff" word?

Has anyone found this posted or torrented or whatever in DVD quality. I wanna see it big.

U2girl said:

I didn't care for the song being sped up so much, and is it just me or did Bono miss the note on "stuff" word?

Yep, hes does stuff the "stuff" note.

I once heard an interview with the Sporty Spice from the Spice Girls who said that she deliberately misses notes at concerts so that people know shes singing live and not miming. Thats what I was thinking about U2 leaving in Bonos "stuffed" note. Maybe they were humanising the video.

Last edited:
I like it BECAUSE it is wrong.
Bono is human, after all.

TheFlyOnTheWall said:
I'm not sure if I like that "wrong note" at the "stuff" part...:eyebrow:
You?

Me neither. I wouldn't mind if it was a fun, light hearted song, but not with such a serious topic. You can tell he's singing live anyway.

I think he did that intentionally...I mean come on...if he messed it up accidentally it's not like he couldn't have reshot it. I think it shows his vunerability...that his voice isn't truly his own but rather a gift from his father.

That is not a messup and he is not singing out of tune, listen to it- that is how Bono has sung his whole life, he hits a lower note and sings up to the correct note, it is not a messup, it is natural.

Any live version I've heard and the album version, he sings that note fine - I know it's intentional (if not, why did they keep it in?) it's just awkward.
I'm no expert on singing and would probably have no idea if someone is out of tune, but this is too obvious to not hear. Definitely a miss, sure he goes up with his voice instantly but still...

Last edited:
U2girl said:
Any live version I've heard and the album version, he sings that note fine - I know it's intentional (if not, why did they keep it in?) it's just awkward.
I'm no expert on singing and would probably have no idea if someone is out of tune, but this is too obvious to not hear. Definitely a miss, sure he goes up with his voice instantly but still...

Its not intentional, its how he sings, Bono where are you, we need to calrify this , I know I am right on this!

You people try and sing it both ways and you will understand. Try to hit a lower note and go up to the righjt note, and then sing the correct note, thats how Bono sings, its not a messup!

C'mon, macphisto23... The "slide" of notes isn't right. It's intentionally WRONG. You know, INCORRECT! :wink:
He doesn't start nor finishes with the correct note.
Well, maybe you're j/k?! :ohmy: :eyebrow: :huh:

Back
Top Bottom